PDA

View Full Version : New Yearly Subscription Service

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

Claude
01-11-2005, 06:50 AM
Hello Sean,
thank you for making a french part on your forum, I subscribed today.
:)
Claude

Jeffrey A. Steinberg
01-11-2005, 10:11 PM
just sent $12.00. There is a message I don't see with PayPal that says its sending over an unsecure link. Is that programmed wrong? If this was discussed earlier in the 13 pages, please ignore.

Aggie
01-21-2005, 03:22 PM
I have noticed while going through the member list recently, that there are many who frequent apug and are most vocal who have not subscribed. $1 a month is not a big thing to offset the costs and no life Sean has by providing us this wonderful site. I know what his costs are and what he gets from the sponsors. Every wonder how much time this place takes out of his life? He also has a full time job on top of this so he can support his family. We need to support Sean for all of his hard work, and help to make this place viable. I know he would dearly love to quit his job and do this full time, and if the people here (just about 4700 so far) even gave 50 cents a month it would make that a reality. I just don't know how he manages with all he does here and full time job, a family, and last on the list is actually finding time to do his own personal things like photography, and care and feeding of a monster enlarger.

COME ON FOLKS SUPPORT OUR APUG AND SEAN

Aggie
01-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Well looks like bandwidth is at issue again. We have picked up a lot of new members, and the forum and the gallery are taking up more than anticipated. Sean will soon need to migrate once again.

I think it is time to do another subscriber drive. I for one plan to just do another. subscription. We use apug, lets keep it viable so it will remain here for us!

jd callow
01-26-2005, 07:02 PM
You go Aggie! Maybe we should verbally bit@h slap all the members who don't have subscriber under their names, but have a couple hundred posts to their credit.

SchwinnParamount
01-26-2005, 07:37 PM
Well looks like bandwidth is at issue again. We have picked up a lot of new members, and the forum and the gallery are taking up more than anticipated. Sean will soon need to migrate once again.

I think it is time to do another subscriber drive. I for one plan to just do another. subscription. We use apug, lets keep it viable so it will remain here for us!

I did my part today Ma'am. He clicks his heels while saluting smartly.

Sean
01-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Yup, we hit 60+ gig bandwith already this month so have just migrated to a new 85 gig plan today. I'd like to say this will hold us for 6 months but it could be as little as 4 months judging the recent trends. Fortunately so many members subscribe and we have the banners. Thank you very much! :)

Ed Sukach
01-27-2005, 02:03 PM
I have noticed while going through the member list recently, that there are many who frequent apug and are most vocal who have not subscribed. $1 a month is not a big thing...

Interesting observation, Aggie. I really hadn't thought of that.

The least tolerant, the least likely to consider another's point of view - do NOT subscribe.
I don't think it's possible - or desirable - but I wonder how APUG look if the criteria for "slamming" someone else carried the requirement of subscribing FIRST!!
Strange, too ... those who seem "quick" (and do so acidically) to critique another's work - tend NOT not submit work of their own.

COME ON FOLKS SUPPORT OUR APUG AND SEAN

So - DO IT!! The time for talk is over, now, GET TO THE "DO"!!!

Aggie
01-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Bump, you're the man Sean only minutes for the upgrades, but days of prep work for a smooth time.

Jeremy
01-29-2005, 04:06 AM
Just submitted $5 to apug in regards to a sale.

Jeremy
01-29-2005, 04:07 AM
$5 wasn't an option, so I sent $6 instead :)

glbeas
01-29-2005, 08:21 AM
Are we supposed o recieve a reminder when our subscription expires or do we need to keep up with this ourselves? Or is this a simple send it in after the years end system?

SteveGangi
02-01-2005, 05:37 PM
I mailed a money order today (tonight actually). I've been intending to do it forever.

Sean
02-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Are we supposed o recieve a reminder when our subscription expires or do we need to keep up with this ourselves? Or is this a simple send it in after the years end system?
you should get an automatic reminder by the system. I think if you go to your user control panel and click subscriptions it may even tell you your current subscription status..

BruceN
02-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Sean,
I'm already a subscriber, but I need to donate some money for the nice spacer that Bob sent. I don't see an option for a donation without subscribing, am I just missing it?

Bruce

Sean
02-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Thanks Bruce! You can click here: http://www.apug.org/donate.html

I may need put that link on the site footer.

Flotsam
02-01-2005, 07:40 PM

The night that your subscription runs out a couple of big, muscular guys will show up on your doorstep to "encourage" you to send another payment :)

BruceN
02-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Thanks Bruce! You can click here: http://www.apug.org/donate.html

I may need put that link on the site footer.

Or the header. :)

philldresser
02-16-2005, 12:32 PM
The night that your subscription runs out a couple of big, muscular guys will show up on your doorstep to "encourage" you to send another payment :)

Nope, we just send Aggie :)

Sean, I finally got my paypal sorted and have subscribed

Phill

Ed Sukach
02-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Nope, we just send Aggie :)

Yerkk!! I'll take the guys in the black shirts and white ties!!!

Actually, no. I'd let Aggie do whatever .... :) :p :D :rolleyes: