PDA

View Full Version : New Yearly Subscription Service

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

gainer
12-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Sean,

How long should it take for a letter to get from Wild and Wonderful West Virginia to New Zealand? I mailed off my check for membership about 15 days ago.
Cheers,
Pat Gainer

gainer
12-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Sean,

How long should it take for a letter to get from Wild and Wonderful West Virginia to New Zealand? I mailed off my check for membership about 15 days ago.
Cheers,
Pat Gainer
Well, it has been 7 more days and no answer. The check has not cleared my bank, and has not been returned for lack of postage or improper address. Should I stop payment and send another, or what?

Patrick Gadget Gainer

BarryWilkinson
12-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Hi Patrick,

When I first subscribed I sent a cheque to Sean, it took at least three weeks before it was cashed. I am surprised that Sean has not responded, perhaps it's the time of year?

Have you tried a PM?

Barry
UK

roteague
12-27-2005, 01:11 PM
Try sending him a PM.

David A. Goldfarb
12-27-2005, 02:50 PM
Or click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page, and Sean should read it.

Sean
12-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Hi Patrick not sure how I missed your questions, will PM you now, thanks!

Gay Larson
01-03-2006, 06:01 AM
just subscribed again...although it wasn't due until 1/31. Never too early to get it done. thanks

John Matthews
01-10-2006, 08:21 AM
Hi Sean,
I just subscribed using the PayPal credit card option. I put in what I thought would make up for the amount of time I have been lurking on this site without having joined. :rolleyes:

dcelfving
03-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Just signed up at the student rate. Someday, when I'm no longer a student (there was a time when I had a proper job, actually) I'll donate a bit more. I'm all too aware of how much effort and money goes into maintaining a site like this!

BradS
03-07-2006, 07:50 PM
I've re-enlisted for another year. Thanks Sean and the moderators for all you do to make this the best Photo place on the 'net.

Brad.

roteague
03-07-2006, 08:26 PM
The ONLY site on the internet I subscribe to.

antielectrons
05-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Having willingly subscribed to APUG I do not think I will renew. It was a real shame to see the site owner delete an entire thread I had started about PF and my experience with them, without notice nor explanation. I will continue to contribute to the forums but feel that I cannot contribute financially given events.

darr
05-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Having willingly subscribed to APUG I do not think I will renew. It was a real shame to see the site owner delete an entire thread I had started about PF and my experience with them, without notice nor explanation. I will continue to contribute to the forums but feel that I cannot contribute financially given events.

Sorry, but what is "PF" ?

ggriffi
05-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Sorry, but what is "PF" ?

PF = Photographer's Formulary. A sponsor here, who the previous poster had an issue with.

g

Pragmatist
05-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Antielectrons, I feel your pain. The thread had turned into a b*itchfest and was serving no further useful pupose. I became concerned also about the fact that it had been deleted, rather than closed.

HOWEVER.... With the wealth of information available here, the resources and personalities represented, this is a valuable and important place to be if you are in love or flirting with conventional photography. Yes, there are others, but this one is a labor of love on all our parts, and I dont even want to think about what this costs Sean to run.

There are a couple other prominent groups that are run by a few opinionated people that can only simply be described as Forum Goons. Enter any topic they dont like and they are all over you like stink on....whatever. Or pose something that is a mundane question to the Einstiens (oops, I mean demigods) of the group, many who are moderators, and watch your cojones get stomped.

I would encourage you to scratch your mad spot and get glad! Subscriptions make this thing go, and anyone that is more than a casual user should seriously consider supporting the effort. Even if a b*itchfest thread goes in the dump. Just my opinion, and the opinion of my trusty sidekick Rocky. Right Rocky?

antielectrons
05-30-2006, 06:23 AM
Pragmatist,

Thanks but still no news from the person who deleted the thread nor why they did it. From where I am sitting the sponsors carry more weight here than the subscribers. Fair enough. If that is the way it is let them pay for the site. Personally I don't see the point in paying to have my contributions deleted.

Antonio

MurrayMinchin
06-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Sorry Sean...the financial planets weren't in proper alignment this month so I could only subscribe for 6 months (+ paypal's cut + taxes).

I'll bump it up next time!

Murray

Andy K
11-06-2006, 02:05 PM
How about adding an option to the subscription page? 'Buy a gift subscription for another member'.

mikeb380
04-01-2007, 08:44 AM
I tried to pay for a subscription and was told "no such page". Does that mean I am an undesirable? Can someone pointme in the correct direction before I spend the money on junk, er camera stuff.
Thanks
Michael

mikeb380
04-01-2007, 08:54 AM
OK, I found the way and have submitted. Please ignore the above. Sean, I first tried to follow the link on the first post and it didn't work. I suggest replacing it with one which does or delete it and give directions to subscribe.
Thanks
Michael