PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Pro Bulk Roll UK Special

Digitaltruth
02-18-2010, 11:01 AM
We have just imported the first bulk rolls (100ft/30.5m) of Legacy Pro film into the UK. As a special launch promotion, we have an offer of only 19.95 per roll available Feb 18-23. There is limited stock available, and this offer will not be repeated.

UK and EU customers can buy here:
http://www.digitaltruth.co.uk

mablo
02-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Great news! I ordered four rolls. Might order some more later.

perkeleellinen
02-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Fantastic deal!

pentaxuser
02-18-2010, 02:25 PM
I have just tried to order a bulk Legacy Pro 400 and change my payment method at the same time which it rejected. I tried again and it says SOLD OUT!

The notice only appeared today at 5:00pm! Must have been quite a surge of orders in 3 hrs. Is that it or will more bulk rolls be coming in at the bargain price?

pentaxuser

perkeleellinen
02-18-2010, 02:48 PM
I tried again and it says SOLD OUT!

Have another go. It worked for me just now (8:30pm).

pentaxuser
02-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Steve, it is showing stock again but I note that my previous attempts to retry has resulted in the site showing my order history as having ordered 1 roll then 2 more but under status "Not finished"

I should add that I attempted to pay via Paypal and something went wrong at that stage. I have e-mailed Digitaltruth about the whole mix-up. I am very wary now of the site attempting to deduct my Paypal account for 3 rolls when I only want one.

Frankly it's a mess. I'll do no more until Digitaltruth contact me and I can resolve the issue of the erroneous 3 rolls that my order history says I ordered but did not. I can see no way on the site to eliminate the "unfinished orders".

pentaxuser

pentaxuser
02-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Digitaltruth has contacted me which was quick. It is claiming that it has several failed orders tonight due to Paypal server problems. I cannot quite see how a Paypal server problem results in the Digitaltruth site showing OUT OF STOCK but be that as it may. The reply says that the stock is very low so assuming this not to be "salespeak" then anyone wanting to take advantage of the offer might want to buy very soon and if it is correct about the Paypal issues then using a credit card might be wise.

pentaxuser

mablo
02-19-2010, 01:22 AM
I found out that their PayPal payment demands a confirmed address?!? My PayPal account status is verified but that's not enough it seems. I wonder if the 'confirmed address' thing is something for the US market?

perkeleellinen
02-19-2010, 02:01 AM
It is claiming that it has several failed orders tonight due to Paypal server problems.

Before I bought the roll I had ordered something else online and it failed due to time out errors on the paypal page. I had much the same problem you had: a completed order but without a completed payment stage.

benOM
02-19-2010, 04:02 AM
Doh! I ordered mine from freestyle about 2 months ago!

pentaxuser
02-19-2010, 06:16 AM
I have had very nice follow-up correspondence from Jon Mided today as well checking I am fully satisfied which I am but it would seem that either Paypal was creating problems for a variety of transactions last night and not just those using Digitaltruth or the link with Paypal and Digitaltruth maybe isn't set up to be UK user friendly and it is confusing customers.

A pity for Digitaltruth if this is the case as many on trying the Paypal route and then getting into a muddle might simply abandon the transaction. Result = lost sale for Digitaltruth and lost bargain for customer.

Any doubts I may have had that low stocks on the 400 rolls was sales-speak have been dispelled and I think that anyone wanting a roll should be quick. Incidentally one roll is 4.95 p&p but 2 rolls only add another 1 so if you think that you can use 2 rolls in the foreseeable future then it makes sense to order 2 at the same time.

pentaxuser

perkeleellinen
02-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Mine arrived this morning. Wish I'd ordered more now.

Digitaltruth
02-22-2010, 05:08 AM
Just to clear this up, everything on our web site is functioning correctly and the only problems which occurred last Thursday were related to Paypal's servers. We have a normal UK GBP Paypal business account, but if Paypal is having problems there isn't anything we can do about it. We accept credit card payments online completely separately from Paypal, so if you encounter this problem just switch your payment method to Credit Card. We didn't anticipate the huge take up of the special offer which is why the bulk rolls of Legacy Pro 400 are now sold out, but we will be importing more soon.