PDA

View Full Version : I Put My Images Where My Mouth Is

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Kirk Keyes
02-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Tim - I think Ray's talking about the Mayan Calendar/Planet Nibiru "scare" ( http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html ) and not some alleged Second Coming/Rapture legend.

We know exactly when the Mayan Calendar rolls over into the next long count cycle.

wildbillbugman
02-24-2010, 12:10 PM
I hear Soylent Green is the best of the Soylent Corporation products
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Actualy, canninbalism is a viabal solution to a number of problems facing an overpopulated planet. Actualy, humans are the only species which slaughters. It is only reasonable that we deserve what we hand out.
A milder solution is something that has been tried out by the pork industry. Pig group one is fed with corn,soy, and whatever pigs get. Pig Group two gets only the excriment of Pig Group one. Pig group three has its normal diet suplimented by excriment from pig group two.
Is that not how Capitalism works?
Bill

AgX
02-24-2010, 02:46 PM
http://www.irfak.org/index_EN.php

cowanw
02-24-2010, 03:18 PM

OMG:o

Photo Engineer
02-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Cannibalism is abhorrent to us because we are not fully civilzed! At the price of meat today, if we did not consider cannibalism abhorrent, well..........

Paraphrase from "Stranger in a Strange Land". Jubal Harshaw speaking words written by Robert Heinlein.

PE

wildbillbugman
02-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi everone,
Unfortunatly, I have not been able to get my flatbed scanner going. I fear it may be shot. Since I require the ability to scan 8x10 negatives, a replacement will not be cheep, therefor not today. Maybe in March.
Meanwhile, I have shot and processed some film speed 320 of this emulsion + steigmann's. This was all done indoors, first with windowlight, then at night with ordinary incandescent light.
I was able to get images both times. But detale was scarce, especialy with the night photos. Ithink that this ma be due to the emulsion being only blue sensitive. I am saving the plates to scan latter.
Bill

Kirk Keyes
02-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Bill - do you have a d*****l camera you could take a few shots of the (backlighted) negs with?

Ray Rogers
02-24-2010, 06:42 PM
OK - let us know how that goes...

Well, I hear they are working on something nice at Princeton... ;)

Nevertheless, I don't think energy is the missing link... there will be lots of energy... the real problem is harnessing it and finding a pleasent and human friendly interface.

In the mean time, I am just sorry that I have to take the anothers life to maintain my own....

Ray Rogers
02-24-2010, 06:59 PM
As long as we are on energy and physics stuff,
did you see George Smoot's cameo appearence on the Big Bang Theory?

Pretty cool to see timely reality and fiction come together like that!

Ray Rogers
02-24-2010, 07:06 PM

AgX,
What Does IRFAK mean in Dutch? Is it a word or an acronym?
It sounds like "Ear Fahk"....

wildbillbugman
02-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Bill - do you have a d*****l camera you could take a few shots of the (backlighted) negs with?

Kirk,
I do not own one of those things. I will try to get some film shots using my MF. But my schedual is hectic as is.
Bill:o

wildbillbugman
02-24-2010, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=Photo Engineer;951542]Cannibalism is abhorrent to us because we are not fully civilzed! At the price of meat today, if we did not consider cannibalism abhorrent, well.........

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, Mantids do it ! To me, that equal virtue. Although, I am so radioactive (from C14) I do not think that the FDA would approve me.
Bill:)

Neanderman
03-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Cannibalism is abhorrent to us because we are not fully civilzed! At the price of meat today, if we did not consider cannibalism abhorrent, well..........

Paraphrase from "Stranger in a Strange Land". Jubal Harshaw speaking words written by Robert Heinlein.

PE

You should see "The Road." Civilization breaks down when there is nothing else to eat.

Ray Rogers
03-08-2010, 12:00 AM

Well, IRFAK might be art, but somehow, I think the following
(which I found while looking for a method of recyling RC paper) is, pun intended, Dead Serious!

http://www.biosafeengineering.com/waterresolution/about.html

The more you read the more "gems" you find.

The F.A.Q. has several as well.

The strange thing is, they make some really good arguments in favor of their method of uh, "water resolution".

What is your plan ?

wildbillbugman
03-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Hi All,
To get back on topic, I have purchased a "new" flatbed scanner which is on its way from NC. When it gets here, and I get it up and running, I will be sending more images.
Someone sugested a digital camera for imaging my glass plates. But I just can't persuade myself to get one of those.
Bill
Bill

Kirk Keyes
03-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Don't feel bad about not having a digital camera. I just made the jump into HD video this week after many years of avoiding it. (I last used a film camera (a Bolex 16 mm) in 1982 or so.)

wildbillbugman
03-14-2010, 03:05 AM
But Kirk,
Far from "feeling bad" about not having a digital camera, I simply refuse to acknowledge the existence thereof. Perhaps in a hundred years or so someone will think of something they will call a "charged coupled device". Then silver halides will no longer be absolutely required. But, sigh, I will not be around then. So I will not about it worry my little head.
I also do not carry a cell phone. My computer is a massive Desk Top. And my TV has a "picture tube" .
Bill

Kirk Keyes
03-14-2010, 12:20 PM
I understand.

I do have to say that editing digital video is a lot simpler than using the old movie viewers and hand splicing and gluing scenes to gether as with the 16 mm. And I could never afford the extra equipment to do sound in the old days.

wildbillbugman
03-14-2010, 02:33 PM
What?
Pictures that move? Am I in a dream?
Bill

Kirk Keyes
03-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah, and they talk too, like I mentioned!