View Full Version : I Put My Images Where My Mouth Is

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

03-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Hello to All,
No, I did not give up on this project. I simply had no scanner with which to record my images. Yesterday I set up my "new" Epson 4990 flatbed scanner. Attached are a scan of a 5x7 glass plate negative and a detail of the lower right-hand corner. This emulsion is an erithrosine sensitized (Ortho) ,non-gelatin containing, emulsion. It contains no S or Au sensitizers and is only 40 speed. The negative was shot on a 5x7 plate in bright sunlight. 1/2 " at f45. Developed in D19 for 8 minutes. I like D19 for this emulsion as it tends to be lower contrast when developed in Pyrocat HD.
Steve, I just today received 2 screens. 120T and 8XX. I an looking forward to trying.this out. I am a PUTZ with a coating rod!

03-20-2010, 02:38 PM
I think I screwed up my attachements.

Photo Engineer
03-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Very nice Bill. Keep on going!

03-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Dear Will.

Apologies for discussing a non halide issue.

I understand that you have recently purchased a scanner and are delving into the digital world to show your results. The photos you posted appear to be in a Photoshop format.

The use of .jpg or JPEG files is more common and will enable more people to see your excellent results.

Keep up your excellent work and posts.

PS: I am very interested how you achieve 40ASA without the need for sensitisers. Can you post your process if it is non-commercial?

03-20-2010, 07:06 PM
I will post the images again. I posted x2 both times thinking I was in JPEG. Third is a charm, I hope!
The process is Potentialy Commercial. I have been working with a company under a Confidentiality agrrement. But they are already trying to do more than their "staff" can handle. I may eventualy just post the whole darn thing, if it seams that they are going nowhere.

Photo Engineer
03-20-2010, 08:26 PM
You can do with grain size and iodide what can be done with sulfur and gold, up to a point.

OTOH, if the polymer contains sulfur moieties, then he is getting sulfur without even trying. ;)

Kirk Keyes
03-21-2010, 12:17 AM
That's great, Bill! I look forward to seeing more.

03-21-2010, 06:55 AM

Those photos look great. Keep up the excellent work!