PDA

View Full Version : Non-Lame Photo Club in the bay area?

jnovek
02-24-2010, 08:48 PM
I recently moved to the South Bay/San Jose region from frigid Minnesota.

Back home I had a fantastic photo club. We did normal photo club stuff like workshops and model shoots and such, but we also managed to do REALLY important stuff like drink lots of beer and poke fun at local "celebrity" photographers. In general, I made a bunch of really great friends at my photo club.

I would like to replicate this experience. Is anyone aware of a photo club in the region that doesn't take itself too seriously? For monthly meetings I'm willing to hop on the the train to SF.

Jason

atippett
03-16-2010, 03:12 PM
:confused:
I recently moved to the South Bay/San Jose region from frigid Minnesota.

Back home I had a fantastic photo club. We did normal photo club stuff like workshops and model shoots and such, but we also managed to do REALLY important stuff like drink lots of beer and poke fun at local "celebrity" photographers. In general, I made a bunch of really great friends at my photo club.

I would like to replicate this experience. Is anyone aware of a photo club in the region that doesn't take itself too seriously? For monthly meetings I'm willing to hop on the the train to SF.

Jason

atippett
03-16-2010, 03:14 PM
We have a small group in San Jose.
If you are interested contact me at atippett@aol.com
We meet monthly and discuss what we are currently doing.
Not a traditional club, no cookies, no ribbons, no judges, no points.
Alan

Anscojohn
03-16-2010, 03:20 PM
We have a small group in San Jose.
If you are interested contact me at atippett@aol.com
We meet monthly and discuss what we are currently doing.
Not a traditional club, no cookies, no ribbons, no judges, no points.
Alan
Beer???

jnovek
03-24-2010, 01:37 PM
I can live w/o beer. Just an informal group that loves taking pictures. It's those cookies, ribbons, points and judges that keep me away from most clubs.

Jason

Barry S
02-19-2011, 12:12 AM
Why you no like cookies?

2F/2F
07-16-2011, 03:59 AM
I like cooky.

darkprints
08-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Check out Meetup.com in your area. Some meetups revolve around shooting nekkid nubile wimmen (for a fee), but there are a few semi-serious groups out there.

saeedmahmoodraja
10-24-2011, 11:31 PM
Jason: Do you know someone who knows how to read negative densities with x-rite 361t Denstometer? Or, a lab or a person that provides this as a service? Would appreciate your help.