PDA

View Full Version : GREAT purchasing experience!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Rick A
07-13-2010, 06:42 AM
The "deal" with overseas shipping is the price of any particular size package. If it can ship in a USPS medium size, the average price is $35usd. and a large box is $45usd for European countries. Like I stated, thats the average, actual prices vary by actual location and tariffs imposed by governments(import duty). It works in both directions, shipping from Europe to the USA is just as expensive(dang-it).

Anon Ymous
07-13-2010, 07:12 AM
... Like I stated, thats the average, actual prices vary by actual location and tariffs imposed by governments(import duty). It works in both directions, shipping from Europe to the USA is just as expensive(dang-it).

Ah, import duty, aka deal breaker! And since it's not enough of a burden, courier companies will gladly charge you exorbitant customs fees, making it even more absurd. The good thing is that if your order is sent with USPS, then chances are that you'll only pay a small fee at the post office, at least that's the usual scenario in Greece (3). Still, you can have fine deals when shopping from Freestyle. Bulk 100ft rolls are a typical scenario, for Kodak and Arista Premium films. Simply put, you can't beat these prices.

Fotoguy20d
07-13-2010, 07:36 AM
I use Freestyle often (and have always been pleased), particularly where it's something like arista or efke film. I'm about to place an order with B&H today though, not because Freestyle did anything wrong, but because they're in California and I live about an hour from B&H and I'm out of fixer - it'll be delivered tomorrow via UPS (and I don't have to worry about it baking in the heat going cross country).

Dan

Sirius Glass
07-13-2010, 07:48 AM
I have nothing but good things to say about FreeStyle whether I am in the store or having the products shipped to the East Coast.

I had a problem when I ordered ten 120 rolls of Tri-X Pan 320 from B&H. B&H shipped immediately. The US Post Office claimed it was delivered. It was not and none of the neighbors ever saw the package. B&H, just like FreeStyle in an earlier post, had me fill out some paper work and since the film was no longer available promptly put the money back on the credit card immediately. It took the US Post Office a month until they started the investigation and another month until the US Post Office agreed that the package was lost. But B&H and FreeStyle does not leave the customer hanging until the US Post Office or other shipper gets their act together.

In today's world there are few companies that care about their customers and both B&H and FreeStyle do! :)

Steve

Chazzy
07-14-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm another satisfied Freestyle customer. I don't think I've ever heard anything negative about them.

Mainecoonmaniac
07-14-2010, 09:41 PM
We hear a lot when retailers do a crappy job but I want to say I have had two VERY positive experiences with Freestyle.
They have an excellent selection of merchandise for the analogue photographer, They ship fast and have what I wanted in stock.

That's just my experience.
Yep that's true for me too. Great products and fast shipping. I like their Arista products. You should get their catalog. Great perusing.

Anscojohn
07-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Well, I have been dealing with Freestyle since the mid-1960s. I stock up on film and paper during the cooler months of the year. Good company, doing things properly.

lloyd
07-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Freestyle is THE place supporting analogue and we need to support them! Ever see their selection of b/w paper anywhere else?

DWThomas
07-15-2010, 10:18 AM
I also have had good experience with Freestyle, and their deliveries are surprisingly quick given I'm on the opposite side of the country. Another plus is that they will ship some of the chemicals that others insist are only available as in-store pickup.

elgallo10
12-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Satisfied customer here as well! If you guys think they are friendly and great over the phone or internet wait untill you have the pleasure of going to the actual store and talk to the people in person. I learned so much in half an hour in their Hollywood store. We need to support businesses like this that care about their customers and about analog photography like Freestyle.

Curt
12-17-2010, 07:23 PM
We hear a lot when retailers do a crappy job but I want to say I have had two VERY positive experiences with Freestyle.
They have an excellent selection of merchandise for the analogue photographer, They ship fast and have what I wanted in stock.

That's just my experience.

Yep, they are and have always been there when I needed them; I used to visit them before they moved and that's been a while, They are so easy to talk with and have a vast inventory and the experience to go with it.

Curt

mike c
12-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Curt,when did they move?,seems like they have been in the same place forever.

Mike

more pizza and pepsi

agphotography
08-13-2011, 01:29 AM
Just thought I'd chime in to bring this thread into 2011.

Freestyle is still on top of things and I will gladly return to them as a customer, bought a couple bricks of Legacy Pro 100 and 400, and they got it to my door practically overnight. Can't argue with that OR the price!

Jeff Kubach
08-13-2011, 04:20 AM
I also had good luck with Freestyle.

Jeff

Molli
09-22-2011, 12:53 PM
I definitely need to add my praise to Freestyle and its staff. Aside from the amazing speed with which my items arrived in Australia, there was also the kind assistance of Marv Keller who pretty much oversaw my order from it's submission online to it's delivery after I had a nervous fit regarding my postal address details.
Many thanks to Marv for his time and attention and to Freestyle for providing film to Australian analogue shooters who would have to pay three times as much for a single roll of film if bought locally.

Trevor Whitaker
12-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Only recently came back to film so I hadn't used them yet but I was up in L.A. last weekend and decided to stop in at their store. Wow, I was like a kid in a candy store. The staff there was nice and made sure I was ok without being pushy or trying to sell me on things. The selection in store was amazing and they were happy to answer even my idle questions about things I wasn't going to buy. :P

I'll definitely be buying from them again. I only wish they'd open another location in San Diego. :)

kokoshawnuff
06-23-2012, 06:55 PM
I've not ordered from them online, but every time I go into their retail location it's always a fun and pleasant experience. If they don't have something in their retail store but do in their warehouse, I call and they have it ready for pickup by 12 the next day.

whowantstoast
06-24-2012, 01:19 AM
Freestyle can't be beat. I live in California, and if I place an order with normal shipping today, I'll have my stuff tomorrow, with a thank-you card in the box! They have the kind of service that I long for in other companies.

Griz
06-24-2012, 08:13 AM
My experiences with Freestyle have been excellent as well. Friendly staff, good selection, quick shipping, accurate orders, A+ all the way!

Griz

Photo-gear
06-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Freestyle forever. I am a happy camper with them.