PDA

View Full Version : GREAT purchasing experience!

Pages : [1] 2 3

stradibarrius
03-05-2010, 04:51 PM
We hear a lot when retailers do a crappy job but I want to say I have had two VERY positive experiences with Freestyle.
They have an excellent selection of merchandise for the analogue photographer, They ship fast and have what I wanted in stock.

That's just my experience.

2F/2F
03-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Freestyle is, quite simply, the best.

arealitystudios
03-05-2010, 05:37 PM
While we are on the topic…

I very recently had a great experience with Freestyle as well. I placed an order that was put on a delivery truck through Fed-Ex (nothing new there). For some reason Fed-Ex said they delivered my package but in reality it never arrived. I think the driver was new to my neighborhood.

Most companies would have simply told me to call Fed-Ex to deal with the problem but not Freestyle. Their customer service contacted Fed-Ex for me, got the package picked up, and re-routed it to my door. The representative at Freestyle followed up with me through e-mail every step of the way.

I wish I could remember her first name to give her kudos in a public forum, but she did a really great job and turned what could have been a frustrating situation into a painless one.

dances_w_clouds
03-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Their service with shipping to Canada is the best & fastest I have ever dealt with when shopping by email.

Dennis

njkphoto
03-05-2010, 09:32 PM
That it good to know since I ordered some paper today. I like there site and I am happy I found them trough this site.

dpurdy
03-05-2010, 09:46 PM
I have been using Freestyle for 15 or more years but did price checking today and realized I can get everything I use cheaper locally with no shipping price. They used to be the best bargain but not any more unless you use arista brands.
Dennis

Mainecoonmaniac
03-05-2010, 10:03 PM
I've been dealing with them for over 15 years also and never have been disapointed. I do miss their bargain cold stored expired film they used to carry. I wish they'd bring it back :-) Got a batch of BW photo paper on the recommendation of APUGers from Freestyle last week. I live in Nor Cal and I got my order the next day. They're fast and good. Can't say enough about them.

resummerfield
03-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Another happy Freestyle customer checking in!

Ektagraphic
03-05-2010, 10:57 PM
I love Freestyle. They are great. The only one thing I don't like about them is that they ship FedEx....

ricksplace
03-06-2010, 05:49 AM
Another Canadian here that is happy with freestyle too.

Alan W
03-06-2010, 06:22 AM
Freestyle is, quite simply, the best.

Right on! I had a bad money losing experience with Adorama about 5 years ago and decided to try Freestyle-Chalk and Cheese IMO.

Ektagraphic
03-06-2010, 06:28 AM
I don't think I have ever heard of someone not liking Freestyle.

andrewkirkby
07-12-2010, 09:58 PM
I ordered a big lot of film last year and the Freestyle people were extremely helpful.

Great people, great business :)

Andrew from Sydney

2F/2F
07-12-2010, 10:04 PM
I just bought 20 rolls of Reala in 120 format off of the shelf the other day, and next time I get paid, I am getting 30 more!!! I was in a state of depression when I thought the film was discontinued. Yay, Freestyle!!!

munz6869
07-12-2010, 11:41 PM
I wish all businesses were like Freestyle! A film order generally gets to Australia in about 4 days!!

Marc!

mesh
07-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Another Freestyler from Australia ;-) Amazed at how quick they turn around, and the quality of service. To be honest I'd like to buy locally, but no store here can touch the range and quality of service. Often Freestyle orders get to my door quicker than purchases made in my closest capital city... go figure!

Nicholas Lindan
07-13-2010, 01:18 AM
Excellent service. But, as mentioned already, their prices have crept up substantially. Ah well, you get what you pay for and you have to pay for what you want.

Silence
07-13-2010, 05:23 AM
I wish I could buy from Freestyle, because they have lots of things that I can't find here in Portugal, and at affordable prices... But the shipping costs are outrageous! There should be other shipping options for people who don't want to use Fedex...

Anon Ymous
07-13-2010, 05:43 AM
I wish I could buy from Freestyle, because they have lots of things that I can't find here in Portugal, and at affordable prices... But the shipping costs are outrageous! There should be other shipping options for people who don't want to use Fedex...

Well, that's strange. Put any items you wish in the shopping cart and click on the "calculate shipping" button. Type any zip code you wish, select "Portugal" and you'll notice that USPS Priority Mail International is the only option. Of course, there's no point in making small orders. If you don't wish to buy much, then a "joint" order is the best solution, splitting P&P makes it easier. Of course, finding friends who'd like to buy anything analog could be a tough task... :rolleyes: Finally, keep in mind that heavy and bulky items like paper will probably send P&P through the roof...

Silence
07-13-2010, 06:00 AM
Anon_Ymous, you are right, there is the USPS option. But, just as an example, I added 7 rolls of 120 film to the cart, just to reach the $25 minimum order and clicked "calculate shipping". The results were $35 for USPS and $45 for Fedex.
Perhaps it's like you are saying, it's not worth it for small orders...
I'm not saying their shipping costs aren't fair, just that it's not practical for people overseas.