PDA

View Full Version : The Impossible Project: 22 March 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Chazzy
05-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Before too long the Impossible Project will perfect the films, and then someone will complain that they've lost their unique character. :)

Ray Rogers
05-19-2010, 03:41 PM
And no, I won't be pestering them for a few dollars back because of the delamination issue. I'd rather they put that money back into their product research.Ken

Cool Tude, Dude!

Bravo!

Ray

thefizz
05-20-2010, 05:27 AM
Here is the reply I got from Impossible:

"We have heard about the fading-problem. Unfortunately we cannot give a proper explenation why this is happening, as every film seems to show different reactions. We know, that the chemicals still react days after exposing, so the best way to handle the images, ist to store them in a dark and cool place, after exposing. We are currently trying to improve the film, hopefully the final edition will not show any fading problem."

Ken Nadvornick
05-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Cool Tude, Dude!

Bravo!

Ray

So like, wow. That was a quick return on investment... ;)

Just received the email announcing the "Enhanced" stuff. Just ordered two packs of it. Curious to see the evolutionary steps.

Ken

rhmimac
06-19-2010, 02:36 PM
So like, wow. That was a quick return on investment... ;)

Just received the email announcing the "Enhanced" stuff. Just ordered two packs of it. Curious to see the evolutionary steps.

Ken

Did the enhanced formula did it's job without delaminating/christalising-fading :confused: ?

rhmimac

Ken Nadvornick
06-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Did the enhanced formula did it's job without delaminating/christalising-fading :confused: ?

Apologies for not following up on this. A combination of bad weather (no sunlight) and unexpected personal issues have forced me to delay trying out the two "Enhanced" packs I purchased.

As I noted in my earlier post, the 100 ASA (I love that they chose to use that older designation) films require sunny days when used with my f/9.4 maximum aperture camera. Sunny days are a rarity where I live, and have been even more rare this year. And the few we have had invariably fell on days I could not use them.

But thankfully my issues have finally begun to resolve themselves, and given some light I intend to post a follow-up description as soon as I can.

Ken

thefizz
07-24-2010, 03:15 AM
I see they have a new PX600 Version 5 and 6 available. Are these improved replacements for the original PX600 or just a different product?

fiducio
07-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Well, the film is constantly being changed to fine tune it to something very workable based on user input. The more you tell them, the more research they do. They've almost eliminated all the issues from the FF, and are working on the final stable product, which is then going to undergo lots of work because they're trying to do the one thing Pola never did, and adapt.

AgX
07-27-2010, 12:33 AM
..., and are working on the final stable product, which is then going to undergo lots of work because they're trying to do the one thing Pola never did, and adapt.

What do you mean by that?

fiducio
07-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Well, they're constantly moving towards a stable product. I like the idiosyncrasies of each new material, the latest version of the PX100 is amazing. I've been working on a method of exposing it and cooling / heating it to make it extremely high contrast and almost look like a lith print. Polaroid found something and stuck with it, I have a feeling this new stuff is going to be constantly under work. Check this out:

Ektagraphic
07-27-2010, 09:15 PM
I just ordered some more of their film including the Spectra. I was just given a Spectra camera and I want to try it out :D. It's really great to see all of these improvements coming along!

AgentX
07-28-2010, 06:57 AM
I have a few 600s, an SX70 Sonar, and some plastic rigid-body SX70 film camera that I'd love to feed. Hoping there's a regular supply of relatively stable color film soon.