PDA

View Full Version : The APUG photo challenge - anyone up to it?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

sparx
06-11-2004, 08:27 AM
There is a similar thing going on at the amateur photographer forum. It is a monthly thing and they give a couple of months notice beforehand what the subject will be. It isn't a competition as such, there are no judges or prizes but comments are welcome.
This forum is a lot more lively so i think the idea would work a lot better here so i' definitely for it.

Jeremy
06-11-2004, 10:52 AM
I think it just depends on how much people want to shoot, it could be once a week, twice a month, or once a month--I would personally like to test this out at one every two weeks, but I find I have a lot of free time at the moment. I think everyone also has to realize that this is just a fun exercise and a masterpiece or your "best work" is not required. I plan on switching back and forth between a more serious interpretation and just plain whimsy (probably more whimsy :)). I do know that in a couple of months I would prefer once every month, but it's not like you can't sit out a session and then come back for the next. We could also have two topics out at all times on a separate timeline.

ex:

"The Kitchen" runs until July 11 and at which time it will be replaced, but on June 25 we will add another topic which will be valid until July 25. This way you always have a month for each topic, but a picture deadline every two weeks. Just trying to think up some feasible system to keep this a little ordered.

matt miller
06-22-2004, 09:10 AM
What's the status on the "photo challenge" project? I don't see a dedicated gallery for it yet. Is this still on?

Sean
06-22-2004, 04:01 PM
What's the status on the "photo challenge" project? I don't see a dedicated gallery for it yet. Is this still on?
Hi, I have added the gallery. It would probably be best if Ailsa edits her main post which started this thread to reflect the current "challenge". When posting an image to the Photo Challenge gallery be sure to include in the description which challenge it's for. enjoy :)

philldresser
06-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Guys and Girls

I like the idea and would certainly participate if timescales are conducive.

I subscribe to a large format forum which set a monthly 'challenge' just for the fun of it. If memory serves me correctly they have 3 adjudicators who confer by PM. The only prize is that the picture is represented on the homepage for the site for the next month.(Similar position to Les Macleans waterfall on APUG)

Phill

mikeb_z5
06-22-2004, 08:57 PM
I like the idea too. What's the deadline?

Jorge
06-22-2004, 09:31 PM
So the Kitchen is still on? ok, the deadline is july 11th righ, I got an idea I think will work great with pt/pd.

Jeremy
06-22-2004, 10:23 PM
Jorge, I'm with you on this one. I'm hoping to have my pd facilities up and running in time--but it may have to be a cyanotype instead.

Jorge
06-22-2004, 10:25 PM
It is all good Jeremy..:)

sparx
06-23-2004, 07:49 AM
First image is in the gallery. The challenge is on! :D

John McCallum
06-23-2004, 07:06 PM
I think it's a great idea too. Got a couple of thoughts I'm going to play with ... now if I can just get the cat to sit still ....

Jeremy
07-11-2004, 06:42 PM
Didn't have time to do it in palladium so a still slightly damp cyanotype had to be scanned.

What's next month's challenge going to be?

Thomassauerwein
07-11-2004, 09:36 PM
I think it should be called Movement. An image of or about movement.

John McCallum
07-12-2004, 07:24 PM
I think it should be called Movement. An image of or about movement.
Movement sounds good.....

:)

Jim Moore
07-12-2004, 08:13 PM
Movement sounds good.....

:)

Sounds good to me too.
I didn't have a chance to participate in the first round, but I will the next one.

Jim

Flotsam
07-12-2004, 11:18 PM
Movement. The first thing that comes to mind is an image that Cheryl posted in the gallery very early on. I think that it was called "twirling". I remember being impressed at how well it expressed motion in a still photograph. If movement is the new challenge, maybe she will repost it to set a mark to aim for.

bmac
07-19-2004, 01:36 PM
So is Movement the official round 2 theme, and what is the timeline?

Jeremy
07-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Theme: Movement--interpret this anyway you want to.

Deadline: Sunday, August 18 (having the themes "end" on a weekend seems to be a good idea)

kcarey
07-21-2004, 01:56 PM
I am fairly new to this forum and tend to lurk around reading and absorbing. I missed the first round, but would love to take part in this challenge and push myself to meet the deadlines. I remember Cheryl's shot clearly in my head. Definitely a great representation of movement. I hope to even come close to that. -Karen

Cheryl Jacobs
07-22-2004, 11:22 PM
Just saw this thread, and would be happy to repost. I think I know which one you mean. Movement is a great and challenging thing to document.