PDA

View Full Version : The APUG photo challenge - anyone up to it?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Grace Cox
07-28-2004, 09:36 PM
I am new here too, but have had movement images in my head for a while. I would be excited to participate in this challenge while getting my bearings in the analog world. Are there any rules that I need to know about?

John McCallum
07-28-2004, 09:44 PM
The rules are pretty broad. Just traditionally processed images.
'Movement' is this months theme, helps focus on something a little more specific. Closing 18th Aug - and go for it!

Grace Cox
07-29-2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the help John!

John McCallum
07-29-2004, 03:21 PM
:)

bmac
08-10-2004, 05:37 PM
We're about a week away from the close of this round of the challenge. I'd like to throw out the idea of "Still Life" as the September subject. Whadda ya think?

Jim Moore
08-10-2004, 05:45 PM
We're about a week away from the close of this round of the challenge. I'd like to throw out the idea of "Still Life" as the September subject. Whadda ya think?

Still Life has my vote :D

Jim

John McCallum
08-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Got my vote (although I think if you took a look at Flotsam's Artichokes and Nuts, recon he's already 'won' it!)

bmac
08-10-2004, 05:53 PM
hehe, that is what made me think of the challenge ;)

FrankB
08-11-2004, 03:32 PM
A shot added for the Movement theme, although not a new one I'm afraid!

I'll try and do better for the Still Life shoot, but I'm usually pretty awful at them so I wouldn't hold your collective breaths in awed anticipation! ;)

bmac
08-11-2004, 03:43 PM
I'll try and do better for the Still Life shoot, but I'm usually pretty awful at them so I wouldn't hold your collective breaths in awed anticipation! ;)

That my friend, is why it is called a challenge!

John McCallum
08-11-2004, 04:30 PM
A shot added for the Movement theme, although not a new one I'm afraid!

I'll try and do better for the Still Life shoot, but I'm usually pretty awful at them so I wouldn't hold your collective breaths in awed anticipation! ;)You can't be worse at it than me!

.....so I will if you will .....:p

Thomassauerwein
08-11-2004, 05:19 PM
I'm in, though still lifes are something I'm photographically challenged at.

Jim Moore
08-11-2004, 05:23 PM
I'm in, though still lifes are something I'm photographically challenged at.

I find it hard to belive that you are photographically challenged by anything :p

Jim Moore
08-11-2004, 05:24 PM
I find it hard to belive that you are photographically challenged by anything :p

That's a complement by the way ;)

Thomassauerwein
08-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Mr. Moore, you would be suprised to see all the crap I do shoot!

Thanks for the complement.

FrankB
08-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Mr. Moore, you would be suprised to see all the crap I do shoot!

Er, does that count as still life? Or did someone change the theme to scatology?!

;)

kcarey
08-14-2004, 10:06 PM
Challenge no doubt. I tried this before with some awful results. Let's just stay that my still lifes were dead. Off to try to resuscitate them! I'm in. -Karen

Flotsam
08-14-2004, 10:36 PM
The "challenge" as it was originally proposed was a motivation to challenge ourselves, within a time frame, with topics that we may not choose on our own, thereby stretching some never used or long ignored photographic muscles. No silly, pointless photo club blue ribbons. Just the pleasure of personal accomplishment and enjoying seeing the different ways that others interpret and undertake the same random topic.

BTW. After seeing the wonderful studio shots of subjects as complex as the female nude that Thomas has posted. Am I the only one here that doubts that he would be less skilled when approaching a still life?

John McCallum
08-14-2004, 11:03 PM
No.

Jorge
08-15-2004, 01:15 AM

You are all a bunch of wusses......you want a challange? shoot dirt!

That is right folks, just dirt, no models, no props, nothing! And no Thomas, you dont get to put a nice model in a mud pit with a few of your wonderful props, that would not be fair for the rest! :)

I certainly hope some of you think out of the box for something like this. I got some very surprising responses when I proposed this to a little class I taught.