PDA

View Full Version : The APUG photo challenge - anyone up to it?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Flotsam
08-15-2004, 09:29 AM
I believe that the APUG ToS strictly forbids the posting of "dirty" pictures. :o

Jorge
08-15-2004, 12:35 PM
I believe that the APUG ToS strictly forbids the posting of "dirty" pictures. :o
LOL......

M. Walter Lyon
08-26-2004, 11:57 AM
I completely missed that whole August 18th deadline thing! Stills now huh? OK, I think I can do that!

rogueish
08-27-2004, 09:58 AM
Is there a deadline for this "still life" challenge? I think I might have a suitable inmage.

bmac
09-26-2004, 12:12 AM
Ok, I picked the last one, who has an idea for the next challenge? If nobody steps up, I actually do have another one, but I dont want to hog it up hehe.

Thomassauerwein
09-26-2004, 12:59 AM
How About freedom? maybe tough as a concept, certainly not tangable but something worth looking forward to creating.

waynecrider
09-26-2004, 09:10 AM
Sounds Awesome :)

I will 'sticky' this thread and get a dedicated gallery page for this..

Having not reading this whole thread, but wanting to take part in the challenge, would someone please post the final rules and give us all the directions. Additional replies seem to confuse things so let's have a moderator with final say.

Ed Sukach
09-26-2004, 10:28 AM

As I understand it ... film and paper should be washed according to the manufacturer's recommendations . although Ilford suggested a "standing bath" and multilple changes of water routine a few months ago. Be sure to remove the proper amount of "fix".

A good idea ... but isn't "forbidding" overdoing it a tad?

TPPhotog
09-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Would we use the cow pat exposure zone as referred to in an earlier thread for this one? ;) I still have to print mine but they are covered with horse flies.

Ed Sukach
09-26-2004, 10:35 AM
That is right folks, just dirt, no models, no props, nothing! And no Thomas, you dont get to put a nice model in a mud pit with a few of your wonderful props, that would not be fair for the rest! :)

I vote that we allow Thomas to use nude models.

Come to think of it ... what about modifying the "challenge" to REQUIRE the inclusion of nude models..?
Seems more interesting than "dirt".

John McCallum
09-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Not to ignore the interest that your suggestion holds Ed.
How 'bout, since we're on the theme of showing something about ourselves at the moment ..... "Through My Window".
Capture anyone's imagination?

TPPhotog
09-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Not to ignore the interest that your suggestion holds Ed.
How 'bout, since we're on the theme of showing something about ourselves at the moment ..... "Through My Window".
Capture anyone's imagination?
Sounds intriquing .... looking in or out and errrrm if I'm in the mood are we allowed a model in the room if looking in? ;)

John McCallum
09-26-2004, 05:35 PM
That's what I had in mind, though "Freedom" certainly captures the imagination too. Would probably challenge you to put a person in your picture.

TPPhotog
09-26-2004, 05:40 PM
Freedoms a good one also. After the cliché idea's of a car / motor cycle / the open road etc. Some quite topical idea's spring quite readily to hand.

M. Walter Lyon
09-26-2004, 09:22 PM
Has the idea of reflection ever been done? Many different ways to express it or show it.

Flotsam
09-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Has the idea of reflection ever been done? Many different ways to express it or show it.

That's a good one. It seems simple but it is ripe with an unlimited variety of imaginative possibilities and interpretations. I don't have the vaguest notion what I would do but the concept is is enticing. I'd love to see what the talent on APUG would do with that subject.

If it's not the next challenge, I second it for an upcoming one.

Jorge
09-26-2004, 11:55 PM
I dont know, is going to be tough to beat this one......

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1897&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Flotsam
09-27-2004, 12:37 AM
I dont know, is going to be tough to beat this one......

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1897&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Ouch! I forgot about that one. Great shot.

But remember. Ailsa's original concept for the challenge is about motivating and challenging ourselves. To pick a topic and then apply ourselves to illustrating it within a time frame. I ain't competing against you guys, I'm just a shutterbug.

TPPhotog
09-30-2004, 05:24 AM
Hows about combining the idea's and using the theme "reflections of freedom through a window"? or is that too much sitting on a wall?

M. Walter Lyon
09-30-2004, 02:50 PM
I think that might limit the submissions just a tad...