PDA

View Full Version : The APUG photo challenge - anyone up to it?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Glenn Mathison
10-31-2004, 03:07 AM
OK, so I have just tonight found this part of the site. That leaves me exactly 4 hours (Oz time) to the end of the comp. Freedom huh? 8PM, dark in Sydney now. Have to go put kids to bed, then talk to Wife. Leaves maybe 2 hours to think, shoot, dev, print, scan, submit. Should be a piece of cake!

Just in case I don't make it, when will the Nov details be posted? (newbie to the site ;-)

Flotsam
11-07-2004, 10:45 PM
So wadaya say? Anybody got a suggestion for the next challenge?

Nicole
11-07-2004, 10:50 PM
So wadaya say? Anybody got a suggestion for the next challenge?

How about 'The good old days' and see how everyone enterprits that?

Flotsam
11-07-2004, 10:52 PM
Hmmmm... interesting. Certainly a challenge.

I doubt if I can squeeze into the old bellbottoms, though.

John McCallum
11-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Hmmmm... interesting. Certainly a challenge.

I doubt if I can squeeze into the old bellbottoms, though.Now there's a picture. :p

Another option already mentioned ..... 'Reflections' :D .

TPPhotog
11-08-2004, 05:36 AM
Now there's a picture. :p

Another option already mentioned ..... 'Reflections' :D .So is that a reflection on reflections or are you reflecting on the reflection of how we would reflect on you in bellbottoms? Sorry I couldn't resist reflecting :D

Btw I'm happy with the theme of 'Reflections'

M. Walter Lyon
11-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Well, I feel horible that I could not come up with something for the freedom challenge. I just wanted to avoid the standard nationism substitution thing. Reflection is right up my alley though...that is the new one ...right?

Ed Sukach
11-08-2004, 02:06 PM
What about "Incongruity" -

FrankB
11-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Come on! We're already into November (and I badly need something to distract me from 'real life'!). The nominations are:

1) The Good Old Days
2) Reflections
3) Incongruity

Personally, I don't fancy 1 much (sorry Nicole, just my preference!) 2 sounds promising, and 3 sounds very interesting (and enough to make me break sweat! You know how to pick hard ones, Ed!)

What do you think, subject and closing date?

P.S. I shot one with 'Freedom' in mind but the aforementioned "real life" got in the way. Any chance of sticking in a late proof for an entrant?

TPPhotog
11-09-2004, 04:46 PM
P.S. I shot one with 'Freedom' in mind but the aforementioned "real life" got in the way. Any chance of sticking in a late proof for an entrant?It's ok with me Frank I still have to repost mine as a wet print scan instead of the neg scan I pulled which originally posted. Hope to get lots of printing done this week as I have the week off and just collected a shiny new box of Ilford MGIV Glossy FB, arrrrrr life can be gooooood at times !

I'll go with reflections if everyone agrees. The first one sounds so hard and the last one I can't even say :D

M. Walter Lyon
11-10-2004, 05:56 AM
Well maybe I am out of line here, but since I suggested reflections last month, lets call it reflections, with a cut off date of December 10th. What say the huddled masses? (someone had to call it)

TPPhotog
11-13-2004, 05:27 PM
Reflections I hope it stays as I'm just about to post my first idea to the gallery LOL :)

TPPhotog
11-18-2004, 06:15 AM
Is anyone coming in to play this month ..... it's very quiet in here ;)

rogueish
11-18-2004, 06:50 AM
I shot images for last month "freedom" (the words "For Freedom" behind a man-made waterfall tribute to those who fought), but I'm not talking to the Mrs' scanner again so no images from me. I will be going out (today in fact) to shoot images for this month's "reflections". Sorry won't be posting them either. You'll just have to take my word for it.
As to being quiet here, I hope this thread doesn't fade away and die. While I can't show my stuff, I do try for images in the themes decided.

TPPhotog
11-18-2004, 06:56 AM
Good luck with the shoot !! And of course we believe you after, all this is a challenge for fun not a competition :) Shame we can't see them though as I enjoy seeing your work.

I also hope this doesn't die off as it's fun every month deciding on subjects we may not consider otherwise.

rogueish
11-18-2004, 09:39 AM
Perhaps next month starting a "new" thread will revive it. And hate to jump the gun, but the subject of "Everyday things" is something I'd like to try. Something you use everyday, but NOT photography related. Could be a challenge for some of the Rodial addicts :p

dr bob
11-18-2004, 09:44 AM
May I post an image I posted previously? It was in my gallery before Sean made the "big change" and was lost. (Didn't someone say digital files last forever?)

TPPhotog
11-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Rogueish - sounds good to me, the new thread and the topic :)

Dr Bob - I have not objections so you have my vote, good to see what you have :D

TPPhotog
11-19-2004, 06:29 AM
BUMP !!!!! Come on folks just think instead of arguing about digital .... you could be out SHOOTING ANALOG !!!!! Now which is more fun ? :D

FrankB
11-20-2004, 07:34 AM
Apologies Tony, life has been a little... erm, complex lately, which is why I haven't been around more. Will try and post the Freedom shot and a Reflections shot tomorrow night.

ATB

Frank