PDA

View Full Version : The APUG photo challenge - anyone up to it?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

TPPhotog
11-20-2004, 07:37 AM
Hi Frank good to hear from you :) No need for apologies it's not compulsory entry LOL Look forward to seeing your latest captures ;)

FrankB
11-21-2004, 04:36 PM
This things only keep going if we get off our collective tail ends and keep them going. Two new posts in the Challenge gallery. Who's next?!

TPPhotog
11-25-2004, 08:15 AM
BUMP!! Roll up ... roll up ... as Frank says come on guys let keep this going, surely we all have reflections to post and re-submissions are welcomed.

glbeas
11-25-2004, 09:02 AM
I put one up from a shoot a while back.

TPPhotog
12-07-2004, 03:32 AM
With the a cut off date of December 10th approaching there's just enough time for those of you who have captured those last minute pictures to submit your work ;)

Also time to start thinking about the next challenge, with Christmas / Yule / New Year approaching maybe something seasonal? The floors open to offers so come on folks it would be a shame to let this one die.

Claire Senft
12-07-2004, 12:40 PM
How about "My favorite ornament" ?

matt miller
12-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Hpw about "My favorite ornament" ?

I thought we decided not to allow nudity? :D

FrankB
12-07-2004, 02:50 PM
How about "My favorite ornament" ?

Anyone who takes that theme and posts a picture of their significant other gets banned from the forum for more reasons than I have time to post! Sean, please support me on this one! :)

John McCallum
12-07-2004, 03:28 PM
:) I hear ya ... I hear ya. Slap ... ouch! ;)

TPPhotog
12-07-2004, 03:40 PM
:) I hear ya ... I hear ya. Slap ... ouch! ;)
John weapons are banned as well :p

FrankB
12-08-2004, 06:26 PM
Okay, Claire's proposal was "My Favourite Ornament". I suggest we broaden it slightly to "Yuletide Felicitations!" and run with it.

Alternative suggestions, post quickly please. Time's winged chariot, etc., etc.

TPPhotog
12-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Okay, Claire's proposal was "My Favourite Ornament". I suggest we broaden it slightly to "Yuletide Felicitations!" and run with it.

Alternative suggestions, post quickly please. Time's winged chariot, etc., etc.
Seconded ... although as I haven't even purchased my first Chrismas / Yule card yet this year I'm going to have to use my brain for this one :D

FrankB
12-10-2004, 08:36 AM
Oh no... I was praying it wouldn't come to that!

:D

zenrhino
12-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Where and how do we submit for the contest?

TPPhotog
12-13-2004, 06:14 AM
Where and how do we submit for the contest?Affraid it has but there's still a few days before we need to think about shopping :D

Where and how do we submit for the contest?Go into Galleries and Upload Picture, change the Choose a Category to APUG Galleries-> The APUG Challenge and continue as posting as to any other category. It's not a contest, just a fun challenge to see what ideas we can come up with :)

SuzanneR
01-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Is it time to think up a new challenge??? Anyone??

I want to see self protraits. Not just little digi avatars, but a real photograph. Something I've been meaning to tackle for awhile, anyone else game? Or I'll entertain other ideas, if we are all too self conscious!

andrewmoodie
01-04-2005, 11:47 AM
How about a self portrait that says something about where you live? That could mean your house, your street, your city, whatever. What do you think?

Flotsam
01-04-2005, 12:21 PM
How about a self portrait that says something about where you live? That could mean your house, your street, your city, whatever. What do you think?

That adds an additional element. We already know what a good-looking bunch of folks APUGers are :cool:.
It would be interesting both to see the different places around the world where we are living and perhaps even more so, how each of us would choose to visually incorporate ourselves into our environments. By Home and hearth? On the main street of your town or city? At your favorite local photo location? Sounds like real challenge.

TPPhotog
01-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Mmmm a scary challenge I hate being in front of the lens, OK a couple of single malts should get me in the mood. I finally found the energy with this flu I have to print the current challenge so will post it later tonight ;)

WarEaglemtn
01-04-2005, 11:25 PM
One that has worked for some goups I have talked to is this: a photo of a conical 'dixie cup'.
You can photograph anything you want, but it has to have a 'dixie cup' as part of or in the photograph as a recognizable object.
These are the generic, white cone shaped paper water cups you find in water dispensing machines. One to a million, but it has to be recognizable in the final image.