PDA

View Full Version : Inquiring about photography workshops in the Toronto, Ontario area. . .

Pages : [1] 2

tmauser
03-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Is anyone aware of any analog-friendly photography workshops in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) or, alternatively, an APUG group in the
GTA that hosts photography field trips in and around Toronto?
I've recently begun shooting medium format photography (using a Mamiya RZ67 MF camera + lenses) to augment my Nikon 35mm SLR photography. Any feedback would be appreciated!:)

Bob Carnie
03-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Try Gallery 44 ,,, 401 Richmond

Is anyone aware of any analog-friendly photography workshops in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) or, alternatively, an APUG group in the
GTA that hosts photography field trips in and around Toronto?
I've recently begun shooting medium format photography (using a Mamiya RZ67 MF camera + lenses) to augment my Nikon 35mm SLR photography. Any feedback would be appreciated!:)

naeroscatu
03-25-2010, 01:30 PM
APUG members in the GTA have organized photo shoots in and around Toronto (see this (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum244/69324-first-annual-toronto-hassey-outing.html) thread).
I'm all for going out meet new people, specially APUG-gers and exchange experience plus have fun. There is nothing planned but if you have an idea put it forward

David William White
04-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Now that it's warmer, we should organize something...kensington market...toronto islands (there's an old lighthouse)...Tommy Thompson park...harbourfront...just some ideas...

Uncle Bill
04-02-2010, 11:21 AM
I am on board for an analog friendly photo walk about.

naeroscatu
04-05-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm in too. Good locations David. Let us agree on a date. Are you guys for a Sat or Sun outing. I can manage most of the week-ends in Apr or May.

David William White
04-05-2010, 06:23 PM
How about this Sunday, April 11th? Who can make that?

Timothy
04-06-2010, 08:10 AM
I would be up for that - the 11th I mean.

naeroscatu
04-06-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm good for Sun Apr 11th too.

Mike Wilde
04-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Rats, I have been waiting for a TO group outing that I can make it to for months.

Unfortunately I am out of town this weekend. The nice part is that on Sunday I am dropping by Rochester to say hello to Ron Mowray (PE here) in person, and have a bit of a visit.

Toffle
04-06-2010, 04:10 PM
It's a bit of a hike, but I'd love to drive up for a weekend shoot in the GTA. Unfortunately, April is totally booked for me. If there is anything going on, I could join a shoot sometime in May. (or anytime in the summer through early fall, as far as that goes)

Cheers,

David William White
04-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Good to hear, Tom. I've got to shoot every day, so maybe I'll use this thread to announce where I'll be shooting on some Saturdays and Sundays through the summer. Would love it if people chime in and offer to meet up. If we get a few people on any particular weekend, we can always decide to switch the location if someone else has a better idea.

So for lack of anything better at this point, I'll say I'll be shooting down at Harbourfront on this Sunday. It's going to be warm and sunny and there might be some boats on the water. I'll be at the coffee shop by the 'wave deck' at noon if anyone wants to meet up then. I'm planning on shooting around the area until about 4pm or so. Some possibilities include jumping on the ferry or heading over to the Island Airport to see the new terminal.

Meetup coordinates are 43.639, -79.385 at 12 noon, April 11th at the coffee pub by the wave deck. I'll PM the usual suspects and hopefully they will reply here so we can figure out how many can make it. I'll be shooting 4x5, so it'll be leisurely. There's plenty of lot parking in the area.

The attachment shows the wave deck I took back in January.

Toffle
04-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Meetup coordinates are 43.639, -79.385 at 12 noon, April 11th at the coffee pub by the wave deck. I'll PM the usual suspects and hopefully they will reply here so we can figure out how many can make it. I'll be shooting 4x5, so it'll be leisurely. There's plenty of lot parking in the area.

The attachment shows the wave deck I took back in January.

Ya, I had a deck like that once. :D

Tell you what, if you are stuck for a place to shoot, I live just outside the Point Pelee gates, there is always something interesting to shoot in the park. Drop me a line.

David William White
04-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Yeah, good lesson on 'measure twice, cut once'.

I've always wanted to get down to Point Pelee. It would be great to have a guide.

David.

Vilk
04-06-2010, 10:00 PM
a busy people-city location, late afternoon, and i'm always in :cool: alas, the light between noon and 4 is pretty nasty these days...

harbourfront was very good last weekend; i'm looking forward to going back, but after 4. if anyone wants to continue until sunset, please drop a coin ;)

cheuwi
04-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Depending on the time... I would love to be there for this Sunday.
I can do mostly in the morning but need to be home by noon.

Timothy
04-07-2010, 09:03 AM
I agree that later afternoon would be more desirable. I will try to arrive around 15:00 to start doing some scouting.

David William White
04-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Great, I'll swing back to the wave deck for 3pm.

naeroscatu
04-08-2010, 12:10 AM
David,
I'd love to have a coffee before shooting so I'll meet you at 43.639, -79.385 at 12 noon, April 11th at the coffee pub by the wave deck. I hope there is parking close by.
I will take my Hassy and a new member of my camera family called "Start". That is the Russian version of Exakta.
Cheers

David William White
04-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Terrific, see you there.