PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2010 canceled; Going Rogue

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

jmxphoto
04-02-2010, 11:10 AM
I was originally planning on bringing some prints. Anyone else?

Marc

The one event I was hoping to organize was a print exchange, perhaps Friday evening, then of course a group photo after. But yes, bring prints! I'll bring some Two Hearted Ale too. :-)

Toffle
04-02-2010, 11:11 AM
I am very grateful to James for picking up the ball and running with this. And congratulating myself for not having canceled my registration at the Birchwood.

How many others of you will have your significant other accompanying you? I think I remember that Thomas and his girlfriend were attending. I am considering inviting my main (well, to be honest my only) girl along.

Dan

Dora will be coming along for the trip. She missed out on all the fun last year. We are only there for the weekend, though.

eclarke
04-02-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm really happy to hear there are those still heading up for some fun and (hopefully) sun! Good for you for not letting my difficult, but well thought out decision ruin the party.

Also, I'm still looking at doing the wet plate on the weekend of the 27th, but will be announcing that separately. In any event, I'll be around and will look forward to meeting up and drinking a few Oberons with the folks that press on with their plans.

HeeHe, you can't hide:D..Evan Clarke

bill schwab
04-02-2010, 11:57 AM
..congratulating myself for not having canceled my registration at the Birchwood.I know the folks at the Birchwood will congratulate you as well Dan!

Andrew Moxom
04-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Vinny, not a .458 win mag, but I have shot a .416 Rigby, .458 lott, .450 marlin and a 45-70 handgun!

tell her 'bout all the guns! Ever fired a .458 winchester magnum?

jmxphoto
04-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Vinny, not a .458 win mag, but I have shot a .416 Rigby, .458 lott, .450 marlin and a 45-70 handgun!

Jeez, all I have that'd hold a candle to that would be a 7.62x54R or a 30-06, though the Remmington 870 packs quite a punch with 4" high brass magnum slugs.

smieglitz
04-02-2010, 05:41 PM
I just signed on. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Joe

Marc Akemann
04-02-2010, 05:51 PM
How many others of you will have your significant other accompanying you? I think I remember that Thomas and his girlfriend were attending. I am considering inviting my main (well, to be honest my only) girl along.
Dan

My wife, Coleen, will be attending, too.

-Marc

Toffle
04-02-2010, 06:52 PM
He he... I just had this image of a clutch of "photo widows" knocking back martinis in the big room at Birchwood and emasculating us while we get giddy over Lake O'neill. :D

ricksplace
04-03-2010, 06:43 AM
tell her 'bout all the guns! Ever fired a .458 winchester magnum?

Yup. I own one.

Edit: Wow, lots of shooters here. I also have a 416 Remington and a 375 H&H. Built all three of them myself.

ricksplace
04-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Jeez, all I have that'd hold a candle to that would be a 7.62x54R or a 30-06, though the Remmington 870 packs quite a punch with 4" high brass magnum slugs.

I have shot a Defender in 3 1/2" magnum with 00 Buck. I'd rather shoot my .458, it kicks less.

Mayfair710
04-03-2010, 12:32 PM
sooo it seems as if lots of folks are still going to gather and hangout but i am wondering what dates most will be there. i have a reservation only for the 25th and 26th. i am not going to cancel them at this point but i don't wanna be there on that weekend if everyone else is planning on a different weekend. will anyone still be left there on the 25th, 26th and 27th? and is birchwood going to be the communal gathering place?

Toffle
04-03-2010, 12:42 PM
sooo it seems as if lots of folks are still going to gather and hangout but i am wondering what dates most will be there. i have a reservation only for the 25th and 26th. i am not going to cancel them at this point but i don't wanna be there on that weekend if everyone else is planning on a different weekend. will anyone still be left there on the 25th, 26th and 27th? and is birchwood going to be the communal gathering place?

It's starting to look like Birchwood will be the hub of things. (though for my wife, it will be the shopping district of Harbor Springs... :D ) James might have a better handle on things, but it appears that most of the Rogues will be around between the 25th-27th. I'm looking forward to seeing you again. Bring some of your wonderful prints.

Cheers,

Thomas Bertilsson
04-03-2010, 01:19 PM
I think Heidi and I will not attend after all. We are traveling to Sweden in August; I haven't been back there since 2004 to visit family and friends, so we decided to extend that vacation instead.

I am canceling my reservation at the Birchwood. It would have been so nice to see everybody again, and I'm glad that you all get to meet up again, but it is what it is.

Have fun, y'all. Hopefully next year we can all get together again.

- Thomas

jmxphoto
04-04-2010, 12:27 AM

Well, of the 4 people that registered thus far, 3 included the 25-27th and one said "not sure." I will only be going up the weekend of the 25-27th. 3 of the 5 (myself included) are staying at the Birchwood. I'm not sure about Bill, he said he'd be doing the wetplate workshop, at the Birchwood, on the weekend, but I'm not sure which weekend that is. That's what I got so far, not huge, but a start! Some have said they're going but haven't registered (*cough*cough* ^.^) But I think we'll have a good, albeit smaller gathering.

Mark Fisher
04-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Sorry....missed the registration. I'm planning to be there whenever the most people are there. I planned for earlier (the Pt and Gem workshop) weekend, but I'm going to MI that week anyway and I can be flexible on the date.

Marc Akemann
04-04-2010, 03:17 PM

Coleen and I will be up in the area on Wed. 6/23 through Sun. 6/27, Marianne. The Birchwood seems to be the best place for being our CGP. But we're flexible for whatever happens.

Marc

Mayfair710
04-04-2010, 07:23 PM
ok...i am going to hang onto my room for the 25th and 26th and head back home sometime on the 27th. i will bring some prints and some cameras and enjoy a couple of nites away...

thebanana
04-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Colin and I are still planning to make the trek. Will likely arrive sometime on the 20th and stay for a few days. Will look in to rooms or other lodging in the area.

bsdunek
04-05-2010, 07:30 PM
I plan on being there 25-27. Hope to meet many of you and shoot some good photos.