PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2010 canceled; Going Rogue

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Travis Nunn
04-05-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm still debating.................still debating.......................................... .....

mjs
04-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Doggone it, here I was wondering what I was going to do with June. Just made a reservation at the Birchwood for June 24, 25, 26. See everyone there!

Mike Sherck

daleeman
04-07-2010, 08:22 AM
How about a newbie to the group? I have not been in that area for years but remember it with joy. I live down here in Dayton Ohio and went in and registered online if you wll will have me? Or Me and my wife Sue? Sue is a great bird watcher, author and guide. We were looking for something to do about that time when I came across the threads.

A short bio of me is, I'm old, well not that old, but studied the zone system under Arnold Gassen at Ohio University in my hippy days in the 70’s. Sue and I have been married about a year and a half; she is a gem and a keeper!

So if you are all up for a newbie to explore the area and tickle some silver halide let me know. I imagine I could join ya about the 23rd or 24th to the 27th. Any and all you can share on the location and area will help jog my memory it may have been back in my Zone Study days when I was last there.

Lee Gephart
daleeman@yahoo.com

Marc Akemann
04-07-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm still debating.................still debating.......................................... .....

We look forward to seeing you, Travis. There. Debate over. ;)

Marc

Marc Akemann
04-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Doggone it, here I was wondering what I was going to do with June. Just made a reservation at the Birchwood for June 24, 25, 26. See everyone there!
Mike Sherck

How about a newbie to the group?.......... So if you are all up for a newbie to explore the area and tickle some silver halide let me know. I imagine I could join ya about the 23rd or 24th to the 27th.
Lee Gephart
daleeman@yahoo.com

The more the merrier! :)

Marc

Toffle
04-07-2010, 11:54 AM
How about a newbie to the group?

So if you are all up for a newbie to explore the area and tickle some silver halide let me know. I imagine I could join ya about the 23rd or 24th to the 27th. Any and all you can share on the location and area will help jog my memory it may have been back in my Zone Study days when I was last there.

Lee Gephart
daleeman@yahoo.com

Word of warning... just don't get in a car with Marc or Mark. You will see parts of Michigan that defy the laws of normal physical dimensions. :D

You and Sue are certainly welcome. I am really looking forward to this year's evolving event.
Cheers,

jmxphoto
04-07-2010, 01:47 PM
How about a newbie to the group? I have not been in that area for years but remember it with joy. I live down here in Dayton Ohio and went in and registered online if you wll will have me? Or Me and my wife Sue? Sue is a great bird watcher, author and guide. We were looking for something to do about that time when I came across the threads.

Definitely come on up! We were all newbies at one point :) This non-traditional event is evolving rather nicely. There are 11 registered for contact info swapping so far and at least three who've expressed interest in going but haven't registered. (http://jmxphoto.com/blog/?page_id=168) I'm also planning on calling a couple people who might not know what all is (or isn't) going on. This link of good photo ops in the area might help you out. That and I'd whole heartedly recommend a GPS.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101652133133875509042.000460e2867821ec7d8fe&ll=46.103709,-85.133057&spn=1.710059,3.394775&t=h&z=8

Marc Akemann
04-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Word of warning... just don't get in a car with Marc or Mark. You will see parts of Michigan that defy the laws of normal physical dimensions. :D.......

Ha! Can't argue with that, Tom. But where's your sense of adventure? Was it you that calmly said, "Drive faster, Mark. I think I hear banjos playin'."? :) In any case, I'm taking the Wrangler this year.....and a map, and a GPS unit, a compass, cell phone, bread crumbs, shovel, winch, flare gun aaaannnd, oh, some camera gear.

Marc

Andrew Moxom
04-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Don't forget some OBERON!!!! That's the most important!

Ha! Can't argue with that, Tom. But where's your sense of adventure? Was it you that calmly said, "Drive faster, Mark. I think I hear banjos playin'."? :) In any case, I'm taking the Wrangler this year.....and a map, and a GPS unit, a compass, cell phone, bread crumbs, shovel, winch, flare gun aaaannnd, oh, some camera gear.

Marc

Marc Akemann
04-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Don't forget some OBERON!!!! That's the most important!

Holy crap, you're right, Andy! How could I forget that?!?

Marc

mjs
04-08-2010, 10:49 AM
I may have to beg off: someone noticed some time on my calendar and scheduled me for some unpleasant work-related activities. I'm negotiating to change things back to where they were before, but hampered somewhat by lack of a good, solid baseball bat. I'm pretty sure there's a length of 2x4 around here somewhere, or perhaps a steel pipe, so all's not yet lost. :)

Mike

wildbill
04-08-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm one of those people who has expressed interest but has not registered. For the sake of "rogueness", I am not registering at this time. I will be home (cross village) for a couple weeks around that time. For anyone looking for a cheap place to stay in cross village, one of my folks' guest houses is available since the original Photostock guests canceled. Send me a message if you're interested.

jmxphoto
04-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Not a problem, if you registered and can't go or want off the list, just msg me. It's pretty easy to delete an entry. (Yay technology!) It's ok if you don't want to register also, you just won't be on, or get the contact sheet. You may see us around anyways, especially if you know the fave photographer hangouts, and you know the HQ will be at the Birchwood.

Marc, with that list I thought you were missing chainsaw! :-) I'm hopin to do some exploring on the dirt roads around Moosejaw Rd near Camp Pellston. I've been back there before and while 4wd isn't required, it's certainly comforting. :) But yeah, beer too!

Marc Akemann
04-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Marc, with that list I thought you were missing chainsaw! :-) I'm hopin to do some exploring on the dirt roads around Moosejaw Rd near Camp Pellston. I've been back there before and while 4wd isn't required, it's certainly comforting. :) But yeah, beer too!

Oberon & and chainsaw. I better not. ;)

If memory serves me right, Wormwood Lane is the road Tom was referring to earlier. Traversing that road, made of sand, is a nightmare during a downpour in a low-riding minivan. Nothing to photograph there anyway. Plenty elsewhere in the area, though.

I just remembered, I still have a roll or two of 120 TechPan I still have not processed from Photostock 2009. I'll get to it soon.

Marc

Toffle
04-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Oberon & and chainsaw. I better not. ;)

If memory serves me right, Wormwood Lane is the road Tom was referring to earlier. Traversing that road, made of sand, is a nightmare during a downpour in a low-riding minivan. Nothing to photograph there anyway. Plenty elsewhere in the area, though.

I just remembered, I still have a roll or two of 120 TechPan I still have not processed from Photostock 2009. I'll get to it soon.

Marc
Hm... I'm sure I've got a roll of something in my shoebox that has to be from Photostock 2009... I've been processing mostly sheet film the last few months, and it's hard to get back in the swing of tank processing.

Photostock 2010 Rogue sound like a fun gathering. I hope to have some nice prints done by then. (I need to install a sink in my new darkroom to make the room functional)

Cheers,

jmxphoto
04-09-2010, 08:42 AM
I got this shot processed in the fall, it's from Photostock 2007 I believe. That roll got a little lost!
http://www.apug.org/gallery1/files/1/9/2/6/4/lake-oneil-750.jpg

Back on the dirt roads off Moosejaw there's some more forests like on Van Road only older/bigger.

I have to build a new darkroom to get some prints going. When my youngest son outgrew the baby tub and we had to start using the regular tub; my wife said no more chems in the bathroom. So there went my darkroom! I have everything I need for a proper darkroom except walls :-/ Hopefully before Rogue-stock!

Andrew Moxom
04-21-2010, 01:23 PM
I have canceled my trip to the Birchwood also so will not likely be going rogue unless I can talk my wife into staying a Vinny's moms cabin.

jmxphoto
04-25-2010, 09:44 PM
I have canceled my trip to the Birchwood also so will not likely be going rogue unless I can talk my wife into staying a Vinny's moms cabin.

We'll miss you if you can't make it!

Dan Henderson
05-31-2010, 06:07 AM
James: How many people do you have signed up? I am beginning to think about when I want to come up.
Dan

jmxphoto
06-06-2010, 10:34 PM
We have 13 people signed up myself included. Most people plan on being there the second weekend, some are unsure, and a few the first weekend.