PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2010 canceled; Going Rogue

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Gim
06-07-2010, 08:08 AM
I will be there 6/22 to 6/27 and staying in Cross Village. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Jim

Jeff Bannow
06-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Just registered - Eva & I and our friends Daniel & Silke will be in the area th 25th-27th. Hope to see you all up there!

jmxphoto
06-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Ok, I'm going to close registration this weekend so I can gather and disseminate the information before everyone heads to northern Michigan. A rough head count puts us around 20 people (including guests and spouses) give or take. This should be fun, I'm very much looking forward to it!

I'm also excited because I'm having a darkroom built next week in my basement. I haven't had a darkroom to work in since my son outgrew his baby tub forcing me to stop using my bathroom as a darkroom. It's been about a year! I don't know if I'll be able to have any new work ready for our informal gathering but I still have old prints I can bring.

Dan Henderson
06-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Ok, I'm going to close registration this weekend so I can gather and disseminate the information before everyone heads to northern Michigan. A rough head count puts us around 20 people (including guests and spouses) give or take. This should be fun, I'm very much looking forward to it!

I'm also excited because I'm having a darkroom built next week in my basement. I haven't had a darkroom to work in since my son outgrew his baby tub forcing me to stop using my bathroom as a darkroom. It's been about a year! I don't know if I'll be able to have any new work ready for our informal gathering but I still have old prints I can bring.

James: Do you feel comfortable telling those registered who the others are? I may want to contact a couple of people ahead of time if I know they are coming. If you are not, I understand.
Thanks,
Dan

jmxphoto
06-14-2010, 08:15 PM
James: Do you feel comfortable telling those registered who the others are? I may want to contact a couple of people ahead of time if I know they are coming. If you are not, I understand.
Thanks,
Dan

Just sent it out! ;-)

Dan Henderson
06-15-2010, 06:21 AM
Just sent it out! ;-)

Thanks again for picking up the organizational reins, James.

Dan

jmxphoto
06-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Thanks again for picking up the organizational reins, James.

Dan

No problem! Really I feel like I'm just putting a pop tent on a foundation built by Bill Schwab. I just added a plugin to my blog, spent an evening customizing it, and making a couple pages about it. Without the previous years' considerable efforts made by Bill there wouldn't be die-hards to do this for! :-D In fact, my hope is that by facilitating this year's community gathering it'll help to make a Photostock 2011 more viable. That and I really look forward to a film photography retreat with a bunch of great folks!

Jeff Bannow
06-22-2010, 08:14 AM
Any plans for an official dinner or some such? Maybe Saturday night? Print swap too?

jmxphoto
06-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Hey, would people be up for portfolio displaying around 3pm-ish on Saturday followed by a print swap at 4ish and dinner at Leggs Inn at 5?

edit: Oh yeah, the portfolio viewing and print swap would go down at the B-wood Inn :-)

Jeff Bannow
06-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Sounds good to us.

jmxphoto
06-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Well, let's call it planned, even if it's just me and Jeff, Eva, and their friends! I've gotten a couple more "definitely maybe" emails, on the better news side Andy C from Australia should be joining us as well.

I've also had inquiries as to what's going on. I thought I'd offer up that I really want to shoot more of the Van Rd woods and some other similar man made forests I know are around there. I'm thinkin of doing this Sat. morning. Friday afternoon and evening are open and I could do something quick Sunday morning. I'd also be up for going to Mackinaw City (not Island, though I know it's cool I just don't feel like going this trip) and photographing the Mighty Mac and/or the lighthouse.

Toffle
06-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey, would people be up for portfolio displaying around 3pm-ish on Saturday followed by a print swap at 4ish and dinner at Leggs Inn at 5?

edit: Oh yeah, the portfolio viewing and print swap would go down at the B-wood Inn :-)

If I can get some quality time in the darkroom before Friday, I might have some prints to share. I've changed my setup, and have done more tweaking than printing of late. I'm certainly up for any loosely organized shoots that anyone suggests. I am probably coming over-equipped, but I need some practice with my larger gear in the field. One thing that interests me is to have a drop off spot somewhere along the tunnel of trees so I can take advantage of that scenery. The road there is so narrow, and last year I couldn't find a convenient place to park near the good views.

Getting really excited. I can't wait to see everybody again.
Cheers

Toffle
06-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Checklist:
Cameras... Check
Film(and holders and changing bag)... Check
Tripod (and mounts)... Check
Cable release... Check
Map... Check
Lenses... Oops! Guess what I almost left sitting on a table in my darkroom. :rolleyes:

Really looking forward to the weekend. Hope to see a lot of folks out. (and a lot of Oberon)
Cheers,

Oxleyroad
06-24-2010, 07:33 PM
I can confirm that I will be there. I will be driving up from Novi Saturday morning as I have just confirmed I don't have to work OT this weekend. Should arrive about mid to late morning depending on if I get out of bed early enough or not.

I am looking forward to it.

Jeff Bannow
06-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Great to see everyone again! Looking forward to next year.

jmxphoto
06-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Big thanks to everyone who made it up. It was great seeing old friends and making new ones. It was lots of fun. I'm already looking forward and thinking about what can be done next year!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4118/4743151888_367b922e98.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmxphoto/4743151888/)

Jerry Basierbe
06-28-2010, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=jmxphoto;1020476]thinking about what can be done next year!

Seems to me that's up to Bill since it's really his gig.

J

Dinesh
06-28-2010, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=jmxphoto;1020476]thinking about what can be done next year!

J

+1

Toffle
06-28-2010, 07:48 PM
[quote=jmxphoto;1020476]thinking about what can be done next year!

J

...and all who were present this last weekend are 100% in agreement. I believe all that was done was carried out with utmost respect of the tradition Bill has established, and will hopefully continue next year.

Gim
06-28-2010, 08:14 PM
...and all who were present this last weekend are 100% in agreement. I believe all that was done was carried out with utmost respect of the tradition Bill has established, and will hopefully continue next year.

If we are choosing up sides....Tom +1

Jim