PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2010 canceled; Going Rogue

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

jmxphoto
04-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Unfortunately this year's Photostock was canceled (http://www.photostock2010.com/) due to inclimate economic weather and familial obligations. The Great Lakes photographic community extends is understanding and best wishes to Bill Schwab and his family as well as our thanks for helping build such an excellent film community in the region.

Still for many of us the thirst for fellowship with this community of film photographers is unquenched. In years past Photostock started as a bunch of guys, and a few brave women, hanging out for week with a loose outline of what we wanted to do. Well, it's throwback time! For all those undeterred by the cancellation of the official event, I extend this thread to meet, plan and coordinate activities in the Harborsprings, Cross Village area from June 18th until the 27th.

If you're going please let us know here. I'll see if I can't get a sane way of exchanging contact information up and running this week and perhaps put together a quick page on the area for anyone who may want to go but is less familiar with the area.

Let's keep this thing going!

-EDIT-
I set up a quick info and registration page on my blog (http://jmxphoto.com/blog/?page_id=160) if you'd like to sign up, some of the info will be shared with other attendees so we can all meet up, hang out, form expeditions, and so on.

Mark Fisher
04-01-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm still interested. I'll probably come the first Sunday (or late Saturday) through Wednesday or so.

wildbill
04-01-2010, 10:51 AM
I'll be there. Contact Jim, I think he was booked at my folks guest house.

Marc Akemann
04-01-2010, 10:54 AM
My plans haven't changed. I'll be there. -Marc

Toffle
04-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Mine either... I will be a citizen of the rogue state.

Andrew Moxom
04-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Certainly worth consideration..... Let me talk it through with the wife.

Gim
04-01-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm planning on being there, one way or another.

Jim

eclarke
04-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Already made tentative plans which happen to be in the U.P......easy to swing by...Evan Clarke

wildbill
04-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Certainly worth consideration..... Let me talk it through with the wife.

tell her 'bout all the guns! Ever fired a .458 winchester magnum?

David Brown
04-01-2010, 01:37 PM
In years past Photostock started as a bunch of (folks), hanging out for week with a loose outline of what we wanted to do. Well, it's throwback time!

This is actually more appealing to me than what the event had evolved into.

Colin Corneau
04-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Can't speak for my pal thebanana but we were talking if coming anyway. We can bring (Canadian) beer

jmxphoto
04-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Wow, this got more of a response and faster than I thought it would! Well, to match everyone's enthusiasm I hopped on the ball and setup a quick info and registration page (http://jmxphoto.com/blog/?page_id=160) on my blog so we can get this ball rolling! More info and links and whatnot will be forthcoming.

Marc Akemann
04-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Can't speak for my pal thebanana but we were talking if coming anyway. We can bring (Canadian) beer

Come on down! You don't have to transport beer, though. That's a long way. We have beer here. Have you ever tried a Bell's Oberon?

I was originally planning on bringing some prints. Anyone else?

Marc

Tony Egan
04-02-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm embarrassed I can't make it so I guess I'll just go rouge instead.
I'm heading to the UK in late June so I'll be a little bit closer. Have fun.

bill schwab
04-02-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm really happy to hear there are those still heading up for some fun and (hopefully) sun! Good for you for not letting my difficult, but well thought out decision ruin the party.

Also, I'm still looking at doing the wet plate on the weekend of the 27th, but will be announcing that separately. In any event, I'll be around and will look forward to meeting up and drinking a few Oberons with the folks that press on with their plans.

Toffle
04-02-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm really happy to hear there are those still heading up for some fun and (hopefully) sun! Good for you for not letting my difficult, but well thought out decision ruin the party.

Also, I'm still looking at doing the wet plate on the weekend of the 27th, but will be announcing that separately. In any event, I'll be around and will look forward to meeting up and drinking a few Oberons with the folks that press on with their plans.

That's great, Bill... I am looking forward to lifting a glass with you again this year.

Andrew Moxom
04-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Does this mean the wet plate workshop is still on maybe??

Colin Corneau
04-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Count me in with Mr. Moxom!

And, if I'm going to transport a Ty Guillory half-plate camera, my 8x10 Korona and whatever else...a 12 or so of the good stuff is not much more!

Would also like to bring a bunch of prints...great idea.

bill schwab
04-02-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm studying the logistics Andy. I'm looking at doing it on the weekend and adding and extra day and evening (for chemistry mixing) on the Thursday. I figure it will be a more well rounded class this way as opposed to the abbreviated "Photostock" version. If we mix on the Thursday and "excite" the silver bath overnight, people will get the chance to use all chemicals they have mixed themselves. Usually we kind of rush through the mixing process and it is one of the most important aspects.

As I said, I'll make an announcement very soon.

Dan Henderson
04-02-2010, 11:09 AM
I am very grateful to James for picking up the ball and running with this. And congratulating myself for not having canceled my registration at the Birchwood.

How many others of you will have your significant other accompanying you? I think I remember that Thomas and his girlfriend were attending. I am considering inviting my main (well, to be honest my only) girl along.

Dan