PDA

View Full Version : Just launched my new site and blog - Holga!

olwick
04-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Hi,

I just launched my new site and blog - lots of Holga and Diana shots in the Art Images section.
http://www.olwickphotography.com

Check it out if so inclined. Comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Mark

wotalegend
04-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Some great images there, Mark. I particularly liked the Orca shots. Do you have, or have you tried, a Holga 120WPC? After resisting toy cameras, and particularly the Lomo thing, for some time I recently acquired a 120WPC (but not from Lomo) and so far have found it most un-Holga-like - no light leaks and no plastic lens :D I prefer the 6x12 format: it's probably the only 6x12 camera I will ever afford. It gets its next workout this Sunday (World Pinhole Day).

Cheers, Peter.

olwick
04-22-2010, 08:25 PM
I haven't tried the Holga WPC yet, although I'm intrigued by it. I'm heading to Namibia in November and would love to do some nice pano's with it.

Right now I use two Holga's (both 120N's), a Diana F+ and a Diana Mini,

Thanks for the nice comments!

Mark

dwdmguy
05-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Mark, very nice work. Keep it up.
I also RSS'ed your blog and look forward to more work.
Thanks
Tom

Darkroom317
05-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Very nice work. What did you use for the pictorial photographs with soft focus and large grain?

olwick
05-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the nice comments.

Most were shot with a Holga 120N - there are a couple of Diana shots in there too. B&W film was either Fuji Neopan 400 or Ilford HP5+. The Infrared images are with Efke IR820

rorye
05-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Beautiful stuff Mark, nicely done.

patrickjames
05-07-2010, 11:46 PM
I am a firm believer that nothing should get in the way of the images, and I am afraid your website loads so slowly and there are problems with it, so I only looked at a couple images and I was done. Your website might be your baby but it is no one else's. Make it easy for others to use and more people will appreciate the work. I would have been happy to look at everything you have, but I won't wait for it and neither will others. In other words, kill the flash. If the steak is good, it doesn't need to be covered in ketchup.

Terry Breedlove
05-08-2010, 12:53 AM
I love your work and your site loaded very fast and was very easy to surf through.

Rodex
05-08-2010, 03:58 AM
I am a firm believer that nothing should get in the way of the images, and I am afraid your website loads so slowly and there are problems with it, so I only looked at a couple images and I was done. Your website might be your baby but it is no one else's. Make it easy for others to use and more people will appreciate the work. I would have been happy to look at everything you have, but I won't wait for it and neither will others. In other words, kill the flash. If the steak is good, it doesn't need to be covered in ketchup.

The site loaded quickly and I had no problems with it.

Q.G.
05-08-2010, 04:43 AM

I agree 100%.
Why, oh why, must everything be done using Flash? It only gets in the way.

Remember that people will want to see your images, not marvel at the 'magic' of a Flash presentation.
As it is, far too much time is wasted waiting for and watching Flash do its silly stuff.

As a result, i have seen perhaps three (if that much) of your images before moving away from your site. A pitty.

olwick
05-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I understand the concern with Flash, in fact I talked about it in my first blog post. In testing (that's what I do for a living) it showed that it loaded very quickly in more than 98% of the test cases. I was comfortable with that. Having said that though, as soon as the tools for HTML5 become more available and mature, I'm sure I'll be migrating the site to that.

I do sincerely appreciate your thoughts on it.

Thanks again,

Mark

Terry Breedlove
06-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Gorgeous images and even though flash is a pain in the neck in this case every thing loaded great and all in all it was a pleasure to view your site.

Jeff Kubach
06-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Great shots!

Jeff

SoonerBJJ
06-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Lovely site and loaded just fine for me!

stavrosk
06-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Very beautiful photography!