PDA

View Full Version : Fuji camera for Fuji FP-100 B film?

darkosaric
04-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Fuji camera for Fuji Instant B&W Film FP-100 B: does it exist?

Or you must use old polaroid cameras for this film?

thanks,

wildbill
04-23-2010, 06:17 PM
yes but good luck finding one. There are pics out there. google

darkosaric
04-23-2010, 06:26 PM
yes but good luck finding one. There are pics out there. google

So it is same as "don't exist" :(

I searched on ebay... nothing. I don't understand fuji: why they make only color films for instax and instax mini (it is more dificult to make B&W)?

All I want are nice B&W instant photos: today I tried px-100 - I was very sad when I saw results. I will try px 600 next, they say it is better.

photomem
04-23-2010, 06:32 PM
I use an old polaroid. ( Actually several of them :)) )I think they mainly make the film for their instant film backs for Medium and Large format cameras. I have seen references to cameras made for this film, but I have never actually seen one for sale.

photomem
04-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Your question made me curious.. so I looked it up. According to the data sheet, FP films are for the Fuji Passport "FP" cameras such as the FP-14. It is a beast with four lenses and shutters to take.. you guessed it.. Passport Photos!

Otherwise, its just for camera backs and old Polaroids.

tiberiustibz
04-23-2010, 09:11 PM
I use the polaroid 350. All of them are fairly good for the print size for $20 a piece but they're pretty damn slow at F8.

2F/2F
04-23-2010, 09:24 PM
You can use the packs in any 4x5 camera with a Graflok back, such as a Speed or Crown Graphic, if you get the Polaroid 405 holder (or Fuji's version of it). IMO, the best way to shoot nice quality Polaroid is to do this, or get a Mamiya Press Universal with the Polaroid back.

Either way you go (Speed/Crown or Universal), you will not spend more than a few hundred bucks, and will be able to shoot both silver film and full-sized (3-1/4x4-1/4) instant prints in the same camera.

I personally favor the Mamiya, as it has a coupled rangefinder that works with seven focal lengths, 50mm - 250mm. The Speed's or Crown's RF can only be adjusted for one lens at a time. A Super Graphic (or a Linhof, for that matter, though they are way more spendy) would match this advantage, however.

Don't be a chump and spend beaucoup bucks on a Polaroid 600SE! The Universal can do everything that camera can do, plus about 10 times more, at a mere fraction of the cost!

darkosaric
04-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Thank you all for replays. I think that I will follow 2F/2F advice :)

patois
04-29-2010, 09:44 PM
What about the Fuji Fp-1 fotorama? It looks pretty cool.

darkosaric
04-30-2010, 05:15 PM
What about the Fuji Fp-1 fotorama? It looks pretty cool.

It looks excellent, but nothing on ebay - >I think it is hard to find this beauty ...

Phineas
05-19-2010, 03:19 AM
Not on ebay..Did you search in amazon??? It is just like ebay. you can find wide varieties there.

darkosaric
05-19-2010, 05:53 AM
Not on ebay..Did you search in amazon??? It is just like ebay. you can find wide varieties there.

Nothing on amazon also.

In the meantime (while searching and waiting for nicer camera) I got Polaroid Land 215 camera. It is pretty cool, I got lithium 3V batteries, duct it with tape and it works :). And I must say that Fuji peal off is big fun and great quality, much sharper than instant Polaroid px100 and any other instant films that I tried ... next mission: I will buy triple dip from impossible shop :)

http://shop.the-impossible-project.com/shop/film/type100/fi_100_3_triple_pge

tomalophicon
05-22-2010, 05:15 AM
There is a new fuji instant camera out now. I saw one in the shops.

SrdjanMatejic
06-09-2010, 01:53 PM
You could go out and try to find a Polaroid Model 180/185 or 190/195, these cameras have faster lenses than the 250/350.
There are some on eBay right now, but i think the prices could be a bit more... reasonable?

I'm happy with the 250 (got 3 of them),

vdonovan
06-09-2010, 01:57 PM
There is a new fuji instant camera out now. I saw one in the shops.

That's the Fuji Instax. It does not take the Fuji Instant peel apart film, but instead uses Fuji's integral film, sort of like the old Polaroid 600.

The Instax is a fun camera too, especially the mini.

IloveTLRs
06-22-2010, 06:40 PM
It looks excellent, but nothing on ebay - >I think it is hard to find this beauty ...

I have a Fuji FP-1. It's quite a big camera so I don't use it much. It's nice though.

I rarely see them, perhaps there weren't that many made in the first place?

darkosaric
06-23-2010, 04:32 PM
I have a Fuji FP-1. It's quite a big camera so I don't use it much. It's nice though.

I rarely see them, perhaps there weren't that many made in the first place?

Lucky you :). I think all those cameras that use type 100 film are relatively big, even folding Polaroid cameras. But you should use this beauty - it is same to sit and not be used :). I would guess they are not made in big amount for sure.