PDA

View Full Version : AARGHH!! what IDIOTS! AMATEURS and so on...

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Tom Kershaw
05-03-2010, 06:21 AM
Slavomir,

As Norway is outside the European Union, are the euro prices on your site completely exclusive of tax?

Tom

Slavomir Polivka
05-03-2010, 06:30 AM
Yes. Our prices are exclusive of taxes. Tax could be added at the customs of your country. Depends of amout materials ordered.

Tom Kershaw
05-03-2010, 06:39 AM
Thanks for making that clear. As you're online, have you heard anything more about the fomatone emulsion on a white base paper that was mentioned sometime last year?

Tom

Slavomir Polivka
05-03-2010, 07:01 AM
Is´nt it Fomatone MG 532 II? Closes to white fomatone we´ve got?

Tom Kershaw
05-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Slavomir,

I think this was supposed to be a gloss surface. I'll try and find the reference:

http://www.timrudman.com/newsletters/view/april-2009-newsletter

'The good news:
Foma show no signs of reducing their range of excellent papers, which lith well. On the contrary, in addition to the recently introduced foma 123, with a surface similar to Agfa MCC they are shortly bringing out Fomatome 133, the Fomatone warm tone emulsion with the MCC-like surface. Freestyle should have this in stock in the next month or so.'

Tom

gandolfi
05-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Slavomir,

I think this was supposed to be a gloss surface. I'll try and find the reference:

http://www.timrudman.com/newsletters/view/april-2009-newsletter

'The good news:
Foma show no signs of reducing their range of excellent papers, which lith well. On the contrary, in addition to the recently introduced foma 123, with a surface similar to Agfa MCC they are shortly bringing out Fomatome 133, the Fomatone warm tone emulsion with the MCC-like surface. Freestyle should have this in stock in the next month or so.'

Tom

I was just in Prague a couple of weeks ago - visited the FOMA store.
He told me about this paper, and that it is on its way.
He had examples of it, but not paper in the store yet.

however, the fotoSkoda (the big store) had it on the shelves...

So it is there!

Tom Kershaw
05-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Emil,

This news is very interesting as I would use a lot more Fomatone MG if available in the new surface and colour. I should note that Tim Rudman published the comment on April 30, 2009. i.e. just over a year ago. Wasn't Foma supposed to have bought up some old Agfa stock to coat their Fomabrom Variant emulsion on, e.g. 111 type?

Is fotoSkoda a factory store?

Tom

JPD
05-03-2010, 12:21 PM
This use of "sensible" seems common in Europe. If you look in a Langenscheidt dictionary it is easy to see how the confusion arises.

This sentence in common swedish: Vad är du för en? Jag känner inte igen dig translated word for word would in english become: What are you for one? I feel not again you. :)

Känner can mean feel and know. Känna igen = feel again = recognize = get the feeling (again) about knowing (about) something/someone.

Sensitive = känslig in swedish, and the word have the same root as känna. It's also related to sensible. :)

gandolfi
05-05-2010, 02:28 PM
I have unfortunately not heard from the factory yet... but I just sent another mail, and attached a couple of images, so they (and you) can see the problem your selves...:(

Marco B
05-05-2010, 02:35 PM
I have unfortunately not heard from the factory yet... but I just sent another mail, and attached a couple of images, so they (and you) can see the problem your selves...:(

Wohow... :o that is not just a "little" bit transparent, but a whole lot... Now if they had inadvertently chosen red lids, the problem might have been a bit less acute... ;)

Still, good to hear you managed to safe most of the emulsion.

nsurit
05-05-2010, 02:53 PM
It is nice to see such a long conversation on this list no one saying anything about Polish jokes. Opps, guess I just did. Glad the product didn't come from College Station, TX. Bill Barber

RobertV
05-05-2010, 03:05 PM
dana.hojna@foma.cz

She is responsible for all photographic materials (and distributors) for Europe.
So I can only recommend to keep in touch with her.

Best regards,

Robert

lxdude
05-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Maybe there was supposed to be an opaque insert inside the lid? You know, a disk of heavy paper or similar that is often inside lids?

It's usually there to act as a seal, but would also block light.

gandolfi
05-05-2010, 04:02 PM
dana.hojna@foma.cz

She is responsible for all photographic materials (and distributors) for Europe.
So I can only recommend to keep in touch with her.

Best regards,

Robert

this is who I have mailed to - twice..

Waiting for a reply.

2F/2F
05-05-2010, 04:03 PM
WOW

Athiril
05-06-2010, 10:24 AM
A likely scenario sounds like - Whether repackaged or not, it would have been done in darkness, once packaged gone onto the next chain of people who may not know that is a problem?

Good to know its salvageable.

gandolfi
05-13-2010, 02:42 PM
I now have had contact with the FOMA factory (dana Hojna), and they are very political correct (read careful) in their writing, but as far as I can understand it, the mistake has happened at the factory - first time ever, this happened..

They express their condolances on my trouble, but they give no direct answer what to do now..

Except to take direct contact to the polish supplier..

Whether I get my money back, or I can get some fresh emulsion, or... time will tell, and I'll let you know.

emil

Marco B
05-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Well, at least they were honest enough to admit their fault. And how were you doing with the emulsion so far? You wrote you managed to safe most of it by removing the top layer, or has that shown to be a non-viable option in the end?

Some form of refund, in the form of a few new ones at least equal to the amount you had to throw away, might be in order...

stormur
05-13-2010, 03:32 PM
hi John - yes, I'll certainly do that.
I honestly doesn't know whether this happened in the Foma store OR in the polish one. I can't believe FOMA would do something this stupid, but on the other hand, the containers are "sealed" (the lid is fixed to the rest as a coke lid on a bottle), and I can't see a small photo shop do that...

I am very sorry for your trouble, but : if you write name of my country ,please write it PROPER : Polish. From big letter , like Danish, not danish.

In Poland we say : "cheap meat is for dogs", if you buy cheap ( Foma ) , what you expect ? Kodak quality ?

gandolfi
05-13-2010, 03:41 PM
I am very sorry for your trouble, but : if you write name of my country ,please write it PROPER : Polish. From big letter , like Danish, not danish.

In Poland we say : "cheap meat is for dogs", if you buy cheap ( Foma ) , what you expect ? Kodak quality ?

well - I guess I am danish then...

Actually I hold FOMA products very high!

With regards to papers and especially liquid emulsion (I don't even know whether Kodak makes it(?)), I'll buy FOMA products ANY DAY!!

Cheaper? yes, a LOT!
bad quality?? not by a long shot...

EVERY factory can make a mistake (I once bought a pack of colour negatives 4x5 from FUJI, and after development, the content proved to be slides... Wrong content in the right package....)