PDA

View Full Version : Mom's Photo

Pages : 1 [2]

Worker 11811
05-12-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm going to print one up for her so she can have it. Then this negative will go into my image bank.

Later this summer, I plan to get out my image bank and take a look at them again. I want to take, maybe the top ten images from the bank and experiment with them, either toning them or making cyanotypes, etc.

I often find that it helps to put an image away for a while and not look at it before you spend too much time trying to work up a print. Make a proof print or something if you feel so motivated but don't spend a lot of time on it. Then, when you look at it with a fresh eye, you often see something that you didn't before.

Several pictures in my files were made that way... After putting them away for a while.

Worker 11811
06-04-2010, 08:17 AM
It's probably the only time she's ever used a camera that wasn't Point-and-Shoot automatic. She shot one frame then quickly handed the camera back.

But I have a plan... he said with a sneaky grin... ;)

I have two cameras. A Pentax ME-Super and a Pentax Super Program.
We'll be having many traditional family picnics during the summer and we'll be sitting around the picnic table enjoying the summer weather. I figure I'll load the Super Program up with a roll of color print film, lock it into full-auto program mode and leave it on the picnic table where Mom can get at it. Curiosity will take over from there. :D

M.A.Longmore
06-17-2010, 02:36 PM
She should run a summer photo workshop.

Eric Rose
06-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi Mom!!

saganco
12-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Your mom is lucky to have a talented kiddo like you helping!! She'll probably get the "photo bug" as bad as you soon! Hope you had a nice Christmas.

mike c
12-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Buy her a subscribtion to Apug,bet she will be doing 4x5 stuff with in the year.

Mike