PDA

View Full Version : NYC Group Order for Harman Direct Positive Paper

David A. Goldfarb
05-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Is there any interest in getting a group together to order some of the new Harman Direct Positive paper and save some shipping cost?

I checked the shipping charges to New York, and it costs about $35 to ship one box of 4x5", but it's $42 to ship ten boxes, so obviously it makes more sense to make a larger order and split the shipping costs, particularly for a new product that most people are just testing at this stage.

You can see the different surfaces and sizes via this page--

http://ilfordphoto.com/products/producttype.asp?n=5&t=Photographic+Papers

The paper comes in FB Glossy, RC Glossy, and RC Luster

Click on "Item List" under each paper type to see the sizes available.

I couldn't find a price list, and it seemed that the only way to get a price was to ask for an invoice, but a box of 25 sheets of 4x5" FB was quoted at $9 USD, which means that the cost of the DPP FB is comparable to the cost of Galerie in terms of cost per unit of paper area (a 25 pack of Galerie G2 8x10" is $38.50 from B&H), so you can probably estimate what the others will cost, or inquire at <Web-Admin@ilfordphoto.com> and get your own invoice for the size you want, if you need to know the exact price.

You can see the UK prices at http://www.harmanexpress.com/ , but these prices include VAT, so they are somewhat higher than the price that was quoted to me, and it is possible that due to exchange rates, the quoted price may change from day to day, though the two quotes I received about a week apart were the same.

So I suggest that the way this should work is this: state your interest in participating here in this thread, indicating what you want and how much, then I'll request an invoice for the full order. Participants can pay me by PayPal, m/o, or check, and I'll put in the order. When the paper arrives, we'll agree on some mutually convenient time and place to distribute it, or you can come to my place in Queens and pick it up. I'd rather not have to re-ship anything, and I don't think it would be economical to do so, since you would have to pay shipping from the UK in addition to US domestic shipping from New York, and at that point, you might as well just organize your own group order for your region. Let's set a deadline of May 31, 2010 to place your order.

Sanjay Sen
05-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Hi David,

Thanks for doing this. I am interested in a group order and have sent you a PM with details.

David A. Goldfarb
05-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks, Sanjay. Just so I have all the info in one place, I've got you down for 2 boxes of 8x10" Glossy RC.

David A. Goldfarb
05-31-2010, 08:18 PM
Anyone else in the NYC area up to join in on this or is it just me and Sanjay?