PDA

View Full Version : Zeiss 250/3 film holders

rbeasterly
05-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Hi, I just bought an Ica "Ideal" , my 1st plate cam ,and it has only one film holder and a film pack with four tabs left in the Kodak pack. From what I gather , no rollfilm adaptors are available, and the holder # 726/3E @6.5x9 is a Zeiss. So, are there any other brands that will fit and what is a fair price for a set of 4 more ; what size do I cut sheet film for these babies ; Is there any way of making use of the film pack holder ? Thnx. Robert

AgX
05-17-2010, 03:05 AM
Ilford Photo still has got their FP4 in stock in that size.

edp
05-17-2010, 03:12 AM
Is there any way of making use of the film pack holder ?

Not for holding film packs, unless you have a time machine. I've seen some adapted to hold a ground glass (in the ones I have seen, the 'glass' has been plastic).

no rollfilm adaptors are available

Will the ubiquitous Rada film holders not fit? They are available with various different flanges.

apkujeong
05-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Ideal style (pop off) Rada rollbacks are available, I have one in 9x12 format. They are also rare, most of the Rada rollbacks out there are for the more common slide in style (as found on Maximar etc).

ICA 726/3 backs will also fit. Generally 6x9 plate holders are cheap, you'll just need to scour ebay for them and be patient, unless some kind soul on apug has a few to spare. Film sheaths might be more difficult in 6x9, but you could use a bit of glass or perspex cut to size to hold the film in place. As you only have one plate holder at present, you could convert the film pack holder to hold a sheet film.

Ian Grant
05-17-2010, 07:49 AM
There are roll film holders available apart from the Rada there's also the Rollex - I have 2 in 9x12, and I've seen them on Ebay to for 6.5x9 cameras. I have some adverts for the Zeiss cameras back in Turkey and by the mid 1930's it was quite common for that format camera to be sold with a roll film back by some dealers. I'll check on my return.

Later post War Rollex backs are made by Linhof and are a different fit.

Ian

rbeasterly
05-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Wow! This beautiful camera has put me in a time machine,yes. The quality responses are giving me enthusiasm to start burning some film. I have 10 other cameras from the '30 & '40's ,and this one is "the Classic" and the most challenging to get up and running. Any thoughts on making up a film pack from 120 with some black paper folded in into an envelope with 2 sided tape( or a smear of silicone) along the inside bottom edge to hold the unused film down? So far the risk/reward on this e-pay camera has me feeling blessed. I can't invent anything for my digital. Thanks again; Robert

apkujeong
05-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Converting a film pack holder into a rollback sounds a bit tricky to me, though perhaps not impossible (and you've not got much to lose, generally nobody wants the film pack adaptors). The simplest 120 arrangement I've seen is on an Ensign box camera with a red window, maybe you could copy something like that?

Ian Grant
05-22-2010, 03:28 AM
Wow! This beautiful camera has put me in a time machine,yes. The quality responses are giving me enthusiasm to start burning some film. I have 10 other cameras from the '30 & '40's ,and this one is "the Classic" and the most challenging to get up and running. Any thoughts on making up a film pack from 120 with some black paper folded in into an envelope with 2 sided tape( or a smear of silicone) along the inside bottom edge to hold the unused film down? So far the risk/reward on this e-pay camera has me feeling blessed. I can't invent anything for my digital. Thanks again; Robert

Why make up a film pack from 120 film when 120 roll film holders are easy to find and easier to use ?

Ian

rbeasterly
05-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Hi Ian, Yes the 6x9 roll film holders are easier to find than the 6.5x9 which fit this camera and 4 of 83others made by Ica.(Scott's Photographica Ica models)If you know of one @ 6.5x9 it would make things a lot easier for sure. Right now I'm looking into some FP4 125 sheet film @ 4x5 to cut down to size ,as it is flater and thicker. I will load these into more 726/3 film holders when they show up and try a film pack. My next camera will be a 4x5 mono rail in a box! Thanx and it's overcast here in the B.C. gulf islands & Shooting

Ian Grant
05-22-2010, 03:30 PM
What does the ICA plate holder look like ? I can keep my eyes open for a roll film back.

Ian

rbeasterly
05-24-2010, 09:09 PM
hi, pack has thin rails that light seal :12.3 cm x 7.6cm//rail to rail, pop in type
The zeiss holder #250/3 is of different nomenclature ,but supposed to snap in. Can I drop the neg. into the 120 film tank after the reels come out,or do I need a special holder?

Andy38
05-27-2010, 03:46 PM
It's the same holder on Ica Ideal 111 ; I have two 6,5x9 roll film holders but they don't fit and I haven't found one...

A 6,5X9 sheet doesn't fit a Paterson reel; I use a special holder.
This reel is slightly oval; unfortunately, I can't put it in my Paterson tank...

anon12345
05-27-2010, 04:19 PM
I have new holders for the Ica Ideal 111. They are pop-in plate holders for 6.5x9cm. Is that what we're needing?

Edit: The sleeves on the holders I have read "726/3"

Andy38
05-28-2010, 02:57 AM
I have new holders for the Ica Ideal 111. They are pop-in plate holders for 6.5x9cm. Is that what we're needing?

Edit: The sleeves on the holders I have read "726/3"

It's also written "726/3" on plate holders for mine Ideal 111; and : "Ica AKT GES DRESDEN 76", with a star in the middle.

rbeasterly
05-28-2010, 06:09 PM
It's also written "726/3" on plate holders for mine Ideal 111; and : "Ica AKT GES DRESDEN 76", with a star in the middle.

That is the same choice, as I wanted to hear! Much easier than finding or making a roll film adapter, a la Franken-rollex/rada-stein (?) Sorry, Yes that is right on , so e-mail me on arrangements you would like to make for a couple of holders,,,! Thanks ,Robert (PS: if any film packs are around ..,,I 'd try)

anon12345
05-28-2010, 08:05 PM
That is the same choice, as I wanted to hear! Much easier than finding or making a roll film adapter, a la Franken-rollex/rada-stein (?) Sorry, Yes that is right on , so e-mail me on arrangements you would like to make for a couple of holders,,,! Thanks ,Robert (PS: if any film packs are around ..,,I 'd try)

PM sent

rbeasterly
05-31-2010, 05:49 PM
It's also written "726/3" on plate holders for mine Ideal 111; and : "Ica AKT GES DRESDEN 76", with a star in the middle. Hello, Yes I am looking for some film holders , not dry plate holders, as far as I know as I am a novice to non roll film cameras.(The fact is I really think my life here is all about where you live in Lyon. I paint in the "style of the Masters" and grow 400 grape vines for wine making. Pinot noir and Cab. Sauv. under plastic tents in the Spring.) Back to the holders, how can I make arrangements with you to aquire a couple of holders,(?) as I don't have any access to them here on Hornby Island B.C. I have a pay pal account or could transfer funds bank to bank. Anyways thank you for your time and will be looking to hear from you , I'm still learning how to navigate this site. >> robert e.

Andy38
06-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Robert,
I have sent you a PM.

rbeasterly
06-04-2010, 12:22 AM
PM sent
Hi Dann

Yes , I would like two plates plus the modified one also.(+ shipping). Next ? is, how do we make the arrangements? a picture would be in order ,if it's not too much trouble. my e-mail site would be the best reply.
Thanks ,
Robert