PDA

View Full Version : BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE ROUND 11 (BPX11) - STATUS AND UPDATES

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

ghostcount
08-18-2010, 04:12 PM
You're most welcomed Gareth. I was hoping to capture more detail in the shadows, the information are in the negative but thin. I'm still a noob when it comes to dark room work.

Shimoda - I was fortunate enough to recieve a Pt/Pd from photobum the first time I participated and it made me feel terrible also for what I sent. Since then, I took up a Pt/Pd workshop and I will be printing with it for the next round.

BPX is all in good fun, motivates you to be a better printer and you get to see what other people are doing.

5stringdeath
08-18-2010, 04:52 PM
I just rcvd a beautiful print from Gareth and now I feel like s..t.
This was my first Blind print ex and I had no idea about the level of prints being involved. I would like to apologise to the reciever of my postcard and if I'm allowed to participate again I will make a much better job of it.

Thanks again Gareth for the beatiful clown. And I loved the feel of the paper.

r

Mats

For restitution you can make every participant a print, hehe ;-)

Christopher Walrath
08-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the updates, guys.

I will send my prints out tomorrow. Here is the list of those who have both sent and received and are thus resolved in this exchange.

Paul Cocklin
Kvistgaard
UKJohn
rst
swittmann
ghostcount
photobum
5stringdeath
kauffman v36
labcoat
shimoda
Jarvman
christopher walrath

The following list has not alerted me that a print has been sent by them. If you are on this list and have sent your print(s) then please let me know so I can update my list.

markrewald
Heiko Stock
gurkenprinz
Chris Lange
sage
MattKing
djhopscotch
gr82bart
Black Dog
bill williams

The following list conatins names of those who have not told me that they have received a print at this time. If you are on this list and have indeed received a print then please let me know so I can update my list.

markrewald
lorirfrommontana
paul c5x4
RTMoynihan
JNaetke
Chris Lange
anikin
David William White (out of town until Sept)
ccross
MattKing
Thomas Moraitis
Fleath
Kevin Kehler
Laurent
gr82bart
Black Dog
bill williams

Only ten not sent yet, not that bad for this exchange. Please try and wrap it up folks. Thanks again everyone for an awesome exchange.

Mats_A
08-19-2010, 01:10 AM
For restitution you can make every participant a print, hehe ;-)

Sigh! I'll get on with it right away. Hmm... a valid reason to stay a week in the darkroom. Not bad. Thanks for the tip.

r

Mats

photobum
08-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Holy Cow, Thanks Ghostcount for the kind words once again. I am very happy to hear that my Pt/Pd print has helped inspire you to take up this form of image making.

For a bit of history I was taking the master printing class with George Tice at the Maine Workshops a number of years ago. One day he did a Pt. demo. I was blown away. I had with me my favorite 8x10 negative. I asked if I could print it. George said sure, try 12 drops of this and 15 drops of that, then looking up at the clear summer sky said expose for six minutes. Well 20 minutes later I had the best print of that negative I ever saw.

It's not for everything but some images just cry out for Pt/Pd printing. It's just a certain look.

Jim Rhoades

sage
08-20-2010, 12:53 AM
Oh, I got mine, and its pretty awesome. :) I'm going to try to send mine if not tomarrow then friday.

Alex Bishop-Thorpe
08-20-2010, 12:54 AM
I'd almost forgotten about the blind print exchange, I'm in the postcard exchange right now too, and I keep getting gobs of postcards filling up my PO Box. I haven't received a print for this exchange yet though.

Christopher Walrath
08-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Oh, I got mine, and its pretty awesome. :) I'm going to try to send mine if not tomarrow then friday.

I have you marked as received already, Greg. You're not on the 'Not Received' list.

sage
08-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Yeah, and by friday I meant monday because I'm stupid and don't realize what day it is.

Christopher Walrath
08-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Quite alright. I often mean that I got my prints out this week and they're still sitting at the store to go out on Monday. You are not alone.

Laurent
08-24-2010, 02:48 AM
I'm back from a week-end at my in-laws, and worried all the weekend about the weather that could have drowned my mailbox. (In fact I worried more about Murphy's law that would say in this case that "if the mailbox can b flooded, it WILL be flooded AND there will be the print from BPE11 in it !")

The weather was as bad as expected *, but, good news, my mailbox was OK and I found Kevin Kehler's Graffiti whale in it !! I really love the print, as well as the subject and the story that goes with it. Kevin, thank yoiu very much for this print !! (Note that I also appreciated your farmhouse door from the Postcard Exchange !)

Chris, I can now be withdrawn of the infamous list of those who haven't received yet !

Cheers
Laurent

* : but I still managed to shoot two 120 films !!

Black Dog
08-24-2010, 06:42 AM
I've sent mine.

Christopher Walrath
08-24-2010, 08:22 AM
The not received list is not infamous by any stretch, Laurent. I have had a few tell me they received when reminded when they had not told me beforehand.

Laurent
08-24-2010, 02:29 PM
The not received list is not infamous by any stretch, Laurent.
Do you mean that, when you threatened me of spankings (see http://www.apug.org/forums/forum182/66884-blind-print-exchange-round-9-status-updates-32.html#post924426), this was a joke ??? :whistling:

Kevin Kehler
08-25-2010, 10:52 AM
I have received my print from Mr. Kauffman.

Glad you liked the print Laurent, something different.

sage
08-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Im on my way to the post office shortly, so you can take me off the non sent list. :) yay!

paul_c5x4
08-27-2010, 07:35 AM
Well, I finally got my prints sent today!!! I actually sent 3 because I couldn't decide which ones to send! We are going to be moving soon so I probably won't be able to participate in the next exchange :-(

Two weeks later, they arrive in England.. A snow covered riverbank that brings back memories of the winter we've had over here.
A still life of a bunch of flowers with the vase nicely disappearing out of focus.
Finally, a road bridge with what I assume is the mountains of Montana in the background.

Thanks Lori - It was worth the wait.

Christopher Walrath
08-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Do you mean that, when you threatened me of spankings this was a joke ???

Now, now now, Laurent. I thought you would never tell. ;p

Well, looks like things are shaping up. A few more knocked off the list.

We have 19 that have fulfilled their obligation and have received their prints as well.

Currently, those not having sent include: markrewald, Heiko Stock, gurkenprinz, Chris Lange, Matt King, djhopscotch and gr82bart. Again, let me know if you have sent your print and should be removed from this list. And as the new round will begin in a few days, please wait until you have sent your print(s) before signing on to that round.

Those who have not received prints thus far include: markrewald, lorirfrommontana, RTMoynihan, JNaetke, Chris Lange, anikin, David William White, ccross, Matt King, Thomas Moraitis, Fleath, gr82bart and Black Dog.

This lists dwindle. I really hope you guys can help me out and get this concluded. I still have stragglers from round 10. But that's another story.

djhopscotch
08-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Finally got off my butt and put my print in the post, hope the new owners likes it.

Christopher Walrath
08-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Check. Thanks.