PDA

View Full Version : For Sale - Nikon 35mm scanner, Coolscan V ED - $750 shipped, OBO/Trade

2F/2F
06-14-2010, 04:02 PM
I just found out that this scanner I have had sitting on my desk is actually worth quite a bit of money on E-Bay. It was a gift from a very well off friend who upgraded to a different scanner about three years ago, and I have used the thing to scan approximately ten negatives since then, and for nothing serious. Since it is really nothing but an expensive paperweight to me, I figure I should get rid of it.

It is a Coolscan V ED, which is a 14 bit 35mm scanner. It has the original software and instruction manual, the connector cable, the power cable, the auto-feed filmstrip insert, and the mounted transparency insert.

I have had it out on my desk the entire time, but it has been inside a closed plastic bag, so it is dust free.

There is a single frame insert available for this model that I prefer, as it is more like a traditional negative carrier, but unfortunately I do not have it. You could probably get one on E-Bay fr not too much money.

When I checked E-Bay a few weeks ago, all completed auctions were for over $750.

I am asking $750 shipped, and will donate $30 of that to A.P.U.G. (4%).

I will also consider offers, and will trade for all sorts of photography equipment and/or supplies.

I live in Los Angeles, CA, and local pickup or viewing is welcome.

Thanks.

john derousseau
06-15-2010, 12:32 AM
I am interested in your scanner. I used to have the Nikon 4000 scanner but was sold. i have a whole bunch of nice slides to scan and only feel the nikon can do them justice. I live in Bishop, Ca near Mammoth ski resort so Im about 300 miles from LA. i have some very nice used Nikon photo equipment and see your interested in trading for some. What kind of photo equipment are you interested in? . i have made most of my best landscapes shot with this pro lens. i am very interested in buying or trading for your scanner so please contact me and we can work out a deal!

Patrick Kane and the Blackhawks rule

John DeRousseau
760-872-8072
derousseau11@gmail.com

2F/2F
06-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Any real interest in the scanner?

Can this be sold in the main for sale forum, or does it have to be in the misc. section?

john derousseau
06-16-2010, 08:37 AM
If this scanner is still for sale please contact me. I am in need of this scanner and Im sure we can make a deal. i have cash if you want or equipment or both.

John Derousseau
760-872-8072
derousseau11@gmail.com

john derousseau
06-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Any real interest in the scanner?

Can this be sold in the main for sale forum, or does it have to be in the misc. section?

If you want $750 and Nikon equipment lets make a deal.

2F/2F
06-19-2010, 02:00 AM
John, give it a rest. Multiple posts, PMs, an e-mail, etc., all from a brand spanking new member whose only three posts are in this thread. I don't know exactly what your scam is, but I am not going for it, ok? Do not reply. Just go away.

Anybody else interested for $700?

apconan
06-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Were your interactions with him actually sketchy? I thought it was odd he was posting so much, too, but considering that he wants to meet up, it seems unlikely that it'd be a scam.
Anyways, good luck with the sale.

2F/2F
06-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Sold locally via Craigslist for $700 cash, no haggling. Thanks anyhow for the ad space. This post can be deleted, closed, whatever.