PDA

View Full Version : APX 400

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

ADOX Fotoimpex
08-26-2011, 04:19 AM
The project is still going on but due to the sharp increase in production costs of silver halide materials and the realtively moderate consumer price increases of the past months producing silver halide materials has become somewhat difficult from an economic standpoint. This reduced our investment possibilities because whatever you borrow from the bank to invest into something has to be paied back in a certain timeframe. If calculative revenue sharply decreases because of a price increase in silver, base, energy and wages you either have to stretch the period of paying the money back (very difficult to expalin to a bank) or you have to cut your budget.
We had to do the last resulting in slower but ongoing research done at the side by only one engineer instead of two in fulltime.
For us it is also a matter of finishing the works in our ADOX Fotowerke (as mentioned in the 110 thread). If we have coated raw film but canīt finish it it doesnīt do us any good.

New informations are to be expected by late September, early Oktober.

Kind regards,

Mirko

Athiril
08-26-2011, 04:33 AM
Thanks for the update. Look forward to trying it one day (soon hopefully) :)

michaelbsc
08-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Mirko,

Thanks for the update.

As you can tell, we are all waiting like hungry men at a kitchen door.

I suspect your first batch will sell out fast.

In fact, many of us would have bought some of your experiments despite your warning that it wasn't up to par if we could have purchased it in the US.

Michael

zsas
02-15-2012, 10:49 PM
Hi Mirko - It has been six months since the last update, any news?

Richard Sintchak (rich815)
05-05-2012, 11:13 PM
It's so quiet....

mix818
05-08-2012, 08:10 AM
It's quiet indeed...

I sure hope Mirko didn't go bankrupt. I'm still anticipating where I can get this Adox400 film here in California.

Roger Cole
05-08-2012, 06:45 PM
It's quiet indeed...

I sure hope Mirko didn't go bankrupt. I'm still anticipating where I can get this Adox400 film here in California.

Certainly not bankrupt, he just announced new colored packaging of their papers and a new baryta paper for hand coating. But no word on the film of course.

I'd love to get new APX 400, but APX 100 would be even better. Make both in sheets and....

ADOX Fotoimpex
05-10-2012, 03:03 PM
The film has been brought to a stage where it is now ready for a testrun. This testrun is very expensive and if succesfull yields only sellable material worth half the costs of the run.
We are currently working on financing this. As it involves loosing at least half of the funds it has to be backed by actual revenue and canīt be borrowed. This slows things down. We are not talking thousands nor tens of thousands of Euros.....:(

If you want to help you could buy some MCP paper. We are currently overstocked in this product and selling it brings us both revenue and free cash ;-)

Kind regards,

Mirko

Mahler_one
05-10-2012, 08:48 PM
I already did....purchased and some already used Mirko...do I get an award? :}

Roger Cole
05-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Adox MCP is fine paper. Just printed on some last weekend and need more anyway so will buy some soon. :)

StigHagen
05-14-2012, 04:40 PM
The film has been brought to a stage where it is now ready for a testrun. This testrun is very expensive and if succesfull yields only sellable material worth half the costs of the run.
We are currently working on financing this. As it involves loosing at least half of the funds it has to be backed by actual revenue and canīt be borrowed. This slows things down. We are not talking thousands nor tens of thousands of Euros.....:(

If you want to help you could buy some MCP paper. We are currently overstocked in this product and selling it brings us both revenue and free cash ;-)

Kind regards,

Mirko

What about setting up a pre-ordering page to raise funds for the film? All formats included, also the ULF formats?

Ken Nadvornick
05-14-2012, 04:47 PM
What about setting up a pre-ordering page to raise funds for the film? All formats included, also the ULF formats?

Isn't that what they did for Lodima paper?

Ken

StigHagen
05-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Isn't that what they did for Lodima paper?

Ken

Yes! And I ordered :)

Mahler_one
05-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Ich auch!

Ektagraphic
06-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Just bought some MCP :) Hope this test run goes through!

Robert Ridyard
03-30-2014, 08:52 AM
Has Adox abandoned the project of introducing ADOX PAN 400?

pentaxuser
03-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Has Adox abandoned the project of introducing ADOX PAN 400?

When Mirko first posted in June 2010 the film seemed quite far advanced but it is now nearly 4 years on so I too wonder what has happened. It suggests that for whatever reason everything is on hold/ abandoned or there is a very protracted technical issue that is still being worked on and not yet solved.

It would be nice to know.

pentaxuser

michaelbsc
03-30-2014, 10:12 AM
My first guess is that money is the issue. The film market is shrinking faster than anyone, even the doomsayers, saw.

If you look at the required revenue vs expected return on a shrinking market it crushes the soul.

Would scores of us jump on it if it magically appeared? Sure. But we can't carry ADOX.

The loss of EFKE's microscopic production run capability was a bad blow.

Bundesphotograph
03-30-2014, 10:46 AM
From the old ADOX website:

"+++ PAN 400 is ready for production but due to the sudden changes at Fotokemika who manufactured the CHS line of films for us we had to prioritize and decided to invest in the remanufacturing of a 100 ASA material at first+++ "

That's why there is a no Adox Pan 400.But they gave us the ADOX CHS 100 II instead.
As long as Kodak floods the market with cheap TRI-X there will be no new 400 ASA film from any manufacturer.

Cheers
Wolfgang

Richard Sintchak (rich815)
03-30-2014, 11:09 AM
From the old ADOX website:

"+++ PAN 400 is ready for production but due to the sudden changes at Fotokemika who manufactured the CHS line of films for us we had to prioritize and decided to invest in the remanufacturing of a 100 ASA material at first+++ "

That's why there is a no Adox Pan 400.But they gave us the ADOX CHS 100 II instead.
As long as Kodak floods the market with cheap TRI-X there will be no new 400 ASA film from any manufacturer.

Cheers
Wolfgang

What's your definition of cheap Tri-X?