PDA

View Full Version : Saw a Hansa Canon yesterday ...

IloveTLRs
06-27-2010, 08:50 AM
... it working condition, with a Nikon lens and original Canon lens cap. The dealer wanted 850,000 yen, or $9,530 for it (I was $9,529 short ...)

By working I mean the dealer tripped the shutter a few times, and while it sounded a little dry, it worked. I didn't see the inside, nor did I touch it since I had no intention of buying it.

It's a pretty camera, and the pop-up viewfinder is quite nifty.

I saw the same camera that is pictured at the top of this page (http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/buy/canon/canonrf.htm)

Ian Grant
06-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Here's an advert from the book I was reading earlier today. Interesting because the advert was a Japanese distributor although I've adverts for wooden cameras etc from one or two other Japanese distributors in other pre-WWII BJP Almanacs

Ian

Jeff Kubach
06-27-2010, 12:50 PM
That is neat as hell! I woundn't mind haven one but too pricey for me also.

Jeff

Wade D
06-28-2010, 05:28 AM
I don't have a Hansa Canon but I do have a Hansa enlarger. It's worth a whopping $15!

Mustafa Umut Sarac
07-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Buy a Leica for 400 dollars and it outperforms canon whatever they price it.

IloveTLRs
07-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Perhaps, but we're talking about collecting not performance.

Speaking of price though, it's interesting that aside from the Hansa Canon I saw that day, old Canon cameras are dirt cheap. Strange and a little sad for a company that played a very important role in Japanese photographic history.