PDA

View Full Version : Round-2 "Group" Print Exchange

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

bmac
09-10-2004, 03:06 PM
No worries, I'm printing mine this weekend.

Ole
09-13-2004, 07:46 AM
Prints going out tomoorow - would have been today if not for the torrential rain.

Unmounted 18x24cm contact prints on 8x10" Retrophotographic POP, between shets of archival paper/cardboard. Prints centered on backing with photo corners - sorry, I don't have a mounting press!

David A. Goldfarb
09-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Mine are in today's mail.

I've also decided to send unmounted prints. If one participates in a few different kinds of print exchanges, mounted prints get to be a storage problem (which is yet another reason that curators and archivists aren't fond of drymounting).

Leon
09-13-2004, 09:04 AM
I'm afraid that my group pics are going to be a little late - hopefully on time for (very) early October. I did have them printed, but then toned them and successfully discovered my very poor washing technique! (I bleached away the highlights, then redeveloped them to find large patches had reacted with the fixer still present and fixed the highlight away for good - deep joy!). So re-printing wil happen soon.!

sorry guys

Jeremy
09-14-2004, 10:57 PM
I am working to have mine done this weekend. The prints may be unmatted as I don't have many uncut mats left and my cutting skills are sorely out of practice.

John McCallum
09-14-2004, 11:02 PM
Ditto - to both. Anyone sending to me; pls don't matt if it is any cheaper that way (unless you prefer to!).

Aggie
09-14-2004, 11:24 PM
It's the mounting that has held mine up. Guess I will send them out un mounted. Those sending to me can send them unmounted also.

Alex Hawley
09-15-2004, 10:04 PM
It's the mounting that has held mine up. Guess I will send them out un mounted. Those sending to me can send them unmounted also.
Well shoot Aggie. I just got done mounting mine with four-ply this time. Hopefully they will go in the mail this weekend.

Aggie
09-16-2004, 12:51 AM
OK Alex I will get yours dry mounted but it will take until this weekend before i can go to the rental darkroom to use their dry mount press.

Jeremy
09-25-2004, 12:53 AM
I've spent the last 4 days trying to print some palladiums for my group, but every time I had this weird speckled job going on. After trying to figure out what it is, I believe it to be a bad batch of paper. Since I won't be able to make it out to Dallas to buy more in the next week I will probably be printing cyanotypes instead of the palladiums and you should see them right at the beginning of October.

bmac
09-25-2004, 01:46 AM
2/3 of my prints are out the door, 127 yours will go out tomorrow. So far I have Ken Millers.

rogueish
09-25-2004, 02:44 PM
I will probably be printing cyanotypes

COOL ! :D

Jim Moore
09-26-2004, 12:23 AM
I was hopeing to have mine sent out last week, but after printing the batch I didn't like them.

I was going to try to send out some 8x10 AZO Contact prints, but I haven't quite got the process down yet. And if I don't like it it's not going out the door :p

I'll try to get 'em sent out by the end of the week.

Thanks!

Jim

P.S. I received Alex's print the other day. Beautiful........ Thanks Alex!

Aggie
09-26-2004, 12:33 AM
Friday when I was going through some new old boxes i unearthed, I found some old prints i had that are meant to be hand colored. If my group doesn't mind, I have them ready to paint, and will have them out after drying by next weekend. Alex, I will send you the mat board for it, but you will have to cut it and not dry mount it. These are going to need to be over matted with the corners.

Jim Moore
09-26-2004, 12:48 AM
Friday when I was going through some new old boxes i unearthed, I found some old prints i had that are meant to be hand colored. If my group doesn't mind, I have them ready to paint, and will have them out after drying by next weekend. Alex, I will send you the mat board for it, but you will have to cut it and not dry mount it. These are going to need to be over matted with the corners.

Aggie,

That sounds good to me.

Jim

Alex Hawley
09-26-2004, 09:02 AM

Aggie, if I understand correctly, yours will be hand-painted? WOW! Haven't seen that for a long time. Don't worry about sending me the mat board unless its necessary to protect the print.

mobtown_4x5
09-29-2004, 08:17 PM
OK, mine will be done this weekend, am I way late? I can't be the only one in my group who is behind, because I have not gotten any yet...

How is everyone else doing?

Jim Moore
09-29-2004, 08:59 PM
OK, mine will be done this weekend, am I way late? I can't be the only one in my group who is behind, because I have not gotten any yet...

How is everyone else doing?

You're not late. There really is no firm date. The last week of the month is just a suggestion.

I think everyone understands that sometimes things come up to cause some to run a little behind. ;)

Jim

John McCallum
09-29-2004, 09:00 PM
uh! you mean mine were hand delivered to the US for nothing? :p

Jim Moore
09-30-2004, 10:23 PM
I just finished developing some 8x10 negatives and they look really good.

If no one in my group has any objections I would like to give them a try on azo and if they turn out OK sent them out for the exchange.

But this would make them about a week or so "late".

Thanks!!

Jim