PDA

View Full Version : Round-2 "Group" Print Exchange

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

mobtown_4x5
09-30-2004, 11:48 PM
OK I feel better now!

Aggie
10-01-2004, 01:35 AM
I have no problem, mine have the third layer down, and they still need another plus the varnish. That all has to dry befor I put them in the mail.

John McCallum
10-01-2004, 02:20 AM
Boy oh boy oh boy ... :)
Just wondering, have mine turned up anywhere yet?

photomc
10-01-2004, 08:22 AM
The best part of this for me, is it is a lot like christmas..every time I get home and find a package that looks like a print, I know that there is a surprise inside. Does anyone else get excited about the prints?

Nige
10-01-2004, 08:34 AM
definitely! about the only mail I get other than bills!

Mine are almost ready to go... need to get some linen tape to hinge the overmatts, can't find the last roll bought for this purpose!

rogueish
10-01-2004, 10:47 AM
<sigh>
I guess this is what I get for sending mine in August. :(

Jim Moore
10-01-2004, 11:09 AM

Not yet John.

I look forward to it arriving ;)

Jim

Jim Moore
10-01-2004, 11:13 AM
The best part of this for me, is it is a lot like christmas..every time I get home and find a package that looks like a print, I know that there is a surprise inside. Does anyone else get excited about the prints?

Mike,

Yes I find myself getting excited when a package arrives.

I have yet to be disappointed when viewing one of the photographs I have received so far.

There a many, many talented people around here.

Jim

rogueish
10-01-2004, 11:25 AM
I got a notice to come pick up a package last week (living in a condo, my mail box is very small). All excited, I rush over to the Post Office. It was only my passport :rolleyes: <sigh> I had managed to "forget" that I was waiting, but now you(s) have spoiled that for me, time will now pass slowly again.
Quivering in anticipation... :p

Jeremy
10-01-2004, 12:49 PM
I have 3 of the 4 prints done (keeping the last one for myself :)), but I am waiting on my mats to get here.

Alex Hawley
10-01-2004, 06:50 PM
I was hopeing to have mine sent out last week, but after printing the batch I didn't like them.

I was going to try to send out some 8x10 AZO Contact prints, but I haven't quite got the process down yet. And if I don't like it it's not going out the door :p

I'll try to get 'em sent out by the end of the week.

Thanks!

Jim

P.S. I received Alex's print the other day. Beautiful........ Thanks Alex!

Take your time Jim. And thanks for the compliment.

Alex Hawley
10-01-2004, 06:51 PM

John, your piece of New Zealand arrived in Kansas today safe and sound. And its quite, quite beautiful!

Jim Moore
10-03-2004, 10:00 PM
John, your piece of New Zealand arrived in Kansas today safe and sound. And its quite, quite beautiful!

I have been out of town since Friday and John's print was waiting for me when I arrived home today.

And I agree with Alex, it is indeed quite beautiful!

Thanks John,

Jim

John McCallum
10-03-2004, 10:27 PM
Thanks fellas! Glad they made it half way round the world safely :).
I'd v much like to say thanks again to Alex. Received my first print in the print exchange recently, from him. Really lovely print, the detail is quite extraordinary. Best, John.

Aggie
10-03-2004, 10:36 PM
I'll post a scan of the prints you guys will be getting. Tomorrow I plan to varnish them so they will be more UV resistant. That should take a couple of days to dry. At least with the scan you can see what you will be getting.

Alex Hawley
10-03-2004, 11:14 PM
I'll post a scan of the prints you guys will be getting. Tomorrow I plan to varnish them so they will be more UV resistant. That should take a couple of days to dry. At least with the scan you can see what you will be getting.
Sounds good Aggie.

Jeremy
10-05-2004, 12:44 AM
All of the prints are done and Light Impressions says the mats should be here on ~Wednesday-Thursday. Somehow during the move my mats got warped or wet or something and I didn't realize it until last week, but they are too wacky for me to be matting anything with them. I'll probably use the scraps for something, but defintiely not my work--it needs all of the help it can get!

Jim Moore
10-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Well we should be wrapping up round 2 by now.

I have had some concern expressed by a couple of exchange members that they have sent out their prints but haven't received some in return.

The main problem is not that the prints haven't been received, it is that the member(s) have not responded to PM's sent to them.

I would like to ask everyone who has not sent their prints out to post a quick message on the status of their work.

I will start by saying that I still haven't got mine shipped out yet. I've had a couple of problems, working overtime, etc. that has prevented me from doing so.

But I did get 'em printed (again) last night and should have them matted/mounted and in the mail on my next day off.

As for "Round 3" of the print exchange..............

With the holidays fast approaching how does everyone feel about holding off 'till January to begin?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Jim

mobtown_4x5
10-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Mine will be out this weekend- I have not recieved anything :(

Nige
10-14-2004, 08:23 PM
I believe our group has fully exchanged. I was last to send and have 2/3 confiirmations that they've arrived. the other one can't be far from their doorstep :)

I'm happy to go with the flow regarding a pre-Xmas exchange. I'm going to produce my next set of prints in the next week or so and be READY! :)