PDA

View Full Version : Round-2 "Group" Print Exchange

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

John McCallum
10-14-2004, 07:42 PM
I'd be happy with another before Christmas with others that wish to as well.

Alex Hawley
10-14-2004, 07:47 PM
With the holidays fast approaching how does everyone feel about holding off 'till January to begin?

January would be fine with me. Its pretty busy from now until the New Year.

Jeremy
10-14-2004, 08:04 PM
I am going to be printing a lot in the next week regardless, so printing an extra 3 isn't a big deal. I would like another before Christmas, but whatever everyone wants is fine.

Sent out 2/3 of my prints today and the other will be sent out next Monday (have to get some more cardboard to pack it in).

Nige
10-14-2004, 08:15 PM
seems like there is a bit of pre-Xmas interest, so maybe start another thread for people to register their interest. Those that don't want to partipate can jump back in for "GE4"

roteague
10-14-2004, 08:16 PM
As for "Round 3" of the print exchange..............

With the holidays fast approaching how does everyone feel about holding off 'till January to begin?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim,

How about going over the process for those of us who are new to APUG. I have a few "artists proofs" that I would be willing to share.

Jim Moore
10-14-2004, 10:51 PM
I have started a new thread with details on Round 3.

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9538

Thanks!

Jim

10-15-2004, 04:22 AM
I'm guilty of being late sending mine out - they're printed, and just need to go in the post. I should do them today...

I seem to be in the lazy group, as I haven't received anything yet! Can't complain though, as I'm as bad as the rest.

Ian

KenM
10-15-2004, 05:32 AM
I'm guilty of being late sending mine out - they're printed, and just need to go in the post. I should do them today...

I seem to be in the lazy group, as I haven't received anything yet! Can't complain though, as I'm as bad as the rest.

Ian

Mine was sent a *long* time ago - bmac got his a fair while back. However, since you're overseas, I had to boat yours over, as other methods of shipping were very expensive. Sorry 'bout that. But rest assured it's on its way. I was told it would take about 6 weeks, so you should be receiving it in the next couple of weeks.

10-15-2004, 09:17 AM
aaahh the irony of it. About 15 mins after I posted that message the post arrived with a VERY large cardboard envelope containing your (KenM) print.

I had every confidence it would turn up, and (as always) it was worth the wait.

thanks

Ian

bmac
10-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Mine have all been sent out, I have received Ken's. Sounds like the boat to the UK is taking the long way :)

KenM
10-15-2004, 05:09 PM
:D Glad you like it.

aaahh the irony of it. About 15 mins after I posted that message the post arrived with a VERY large cardboard envelope containing your (KenM) print.

I had every confidence it would turn up, and (as always) it was worth the wait.

thanks

Ian

Jim Moore
10-21-2004, 11:21 PM
I have finally finished mounting/matting my prints for the exchange.

My wife is going to bring home some large cardboard boxes from work tomorrow so that I can use it for packaging.

I will get them ready to mail this weekend and they WILL be in the mail first thing Monday morning.

Sorry to my group for the delay. I promise that I will not be this late again :p

Jim

Jeremy
10-21-2004, 11:50 PM
I have shipped out my print to rougeish and one to Leon, but L Gebhardt's is still sitting on the table. I've PMed him to let him know it would go out ASAP but due to illness I have been to neither school nor work all week long. Just wanted to publicly apologize for his print going out late. I hope to make it to the post office at the beginning of next week to get his print to him.

rogueish
10-22-2004, 05:54 AM
Sorry to hear your not feeling too good. Get well soon!

Leon
10-22-2004, 06:55 AM
I finally got it together enough to post my prints today so L Gebhardt, Roqueish and Jeremy Moore - your prints are winging their way across the atlantic as we speak. I hope you like them .. erm Iain and Jeremy, you may recognise the packaging ... :rolleyes:

Jeremy
10-22-2004, 08:53 AM
erm Iain and Jeremy, you may recognise the packaging ... :rolleyes:

Haha! I did the same thing with the packaging that Iain sent me and then I copied it to mail out yours. It seemed to work great.

rogueish
10-22-2004, 09:34 AM
After reading about Aggies bomb proof packaging and a few hints and tips from fellow APUGers, I packaged for the damage and shipped for the highlites...(at least I can get something right)

Rescued the cardboard from work, glad to see it's still being recycled.

L Gebhardt
10-22-2004, 09:38 AM
I have shipped out my print to rougeish and one to Leon, but L Gebhardt's is still sitting on the table. I've PMed him to let him know it would go out ASAP but due to illness I have been to neither school nor work all week long. Just wanted to publicly apologize for his print going out late. I hope to make it to the post office at the beginning of next week to get his print to him.

Jeremy, no need to apologize to me. I owe the group one though, as I still haven't printed mine yet. Well I printed them, but then left them in the toner too long and they are ruined, so I need to get back in the darkroom this weekend.

Jim Chinn
10-22-2004, 09:47 AM
I aplogize to everyone for not getting my prints out yet. My camera business and family stuff has sapped all my time. But now I can get some stuff mounted and sent out by Monday.

rogueish
10-22-2004, 09:58 AM
Jeremy, no need to apologize to me. I owe the group one though, as I still haven't printed mine yet. Well I printed them, but then left them in the toner too long and they are ruined, so I need to get back in the darkroom this weekend.
Opps!
I forgot and left one in the fixer once for a few hours. when I lifted it out, it fell to pieces and looked really really pale :o