PDA

View Full Version : Interpretive print exchange

Pages : 1 [2]

David A. Goldfarb
07-22-2004, 08:22 PM
I can do either. Maybe whichever is more lacking for participants.

kwmullet
07-22-2004, 09:14 PM
y'know... when I first saw this thread a day or two ago, the picture "interpretive print exchange" conjured in my head was a bunch of APUGers in tights, dancing around Martha Graham-ishly, passing prints back and forth. I guess I need my head CLA'd, eh? (:

-KwM-

Aggie
07-22-2004, 10:02 PM
I want to see Eric and Mark in their tutu's

mark
07-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Aggie. I do not think they make them large enough for me. And it would be damned offensive if they did :) .

This got going real quick I may need some help setting up the mailing list but I will ask as things get closer. I can handle the contact stuff. 4x5 to 8x10. Any larger and we will need a heads up. I will set my e-mail up if it is not already and you can e-mail me the same information as for Eric. I will try to work with the same deadline as Eric. It will give me a reason to go out and shoot, and process more negs.

Aggie
07-22-2004, 11:47 PM
Because of the cost of the film and general mailing, I think it would help if people involved in these projects, kicked in few (insert your currency) dollars to help defray the cost. I would be wiling to buy a box of 8x10 film and send it to Mark. I can also buy what ever format film Eric would need. That way more of the negatives can be sent around quicker.

Mark I can also sew you a new Tutu. I even know the perfect site to take your portrait in it. It is called little window rock, just south of Page. My style of spot, about 100 feet from the dirt road.

mark
07-23-2004, 08:32 PM
I wish I shot 8x10 but alas only 4x5 and 5x7 plus the smaller formats.

I like the idea of sending more than one set of negs out so this gets going faster? I do not think this would be a problem.

I am afraid that my wife just might not understand if another woman sent me a tutu. For the sake of marital peace I will have to pass on the Tutu.

So far only one person has sent me info.

c6h6o3
08-18-2004, 01:04 PM
So far only one person has sent me info.

Did this ever get off the ground? I'd like to participate if it's still viable.

David A. Goldfarb
08-18-2004, 02:12 PM
I got a pm from Mark not long ago that the negs were on the way, but I'm not sure what the current status is.

mark
08-18-2004, 03:14 PM
Assuming I do not have a meeting after work again tomorrow they will be in the mail then.

believe me I feel bad about not getting stuff done sooner.

Sorry

c6h6o3
08-18-2004, 04:39 PM
I got a pm from Mark not long ago that the negs were on the way, but I'm not sure what the current status is.

I have a negative I'll contribute. I'll print anything anyone sends me that's 8 x 10 or smaller, but I think it would behoove us to keep the number of negatives to a minimum. Each person should submit one really good negative and leave it at that. Whoever precedes me, please send me a PM and I'll give you my address.

David A. Goldfarb
08-18-2004, 04:58 PM
No problem with the delay, Mark, but maybe it's time for an update. Who is in the group(s?), and what's the format at this point? Is the plan for one person to create a set of identical negs for the whole group, and we'll print enough prints for the whole group? Or are we going traveling portfolio style with negs and prints moving around in a circle from person to person, and then do we do one neg per round, or what?

mark
08-18-2004, 05:31 PM
No problem with the delay, Mark, but maybe it's time for an update. Who is in the group(s?), and what's the format at this point? Is the plan for one person to create a set of identical negs for the whole group, and we'll print enough prints for the whole group? Or are we going traveling portfolio style with negs and prints moving around in a circle from person to person, and then do we do one neg per round, or what?

My group
Me David Goldfarb
Silverpixles

yep that is it folks.

I have not heard what Eric is doing with his list.

Due to the fact that the processing gods are hating me right now I cannot get two negs of the same scene without one being damaged. I am sending two different negs out. When you get finished printing one you will send it to the next person. Their address will be on the Sleeve. They inturn will send the neg they got to you. I know this is not what was discussed. If this is a problem say so.

If one of you wants to go next just say so. Otherwise I got silverpixles name on the list as number two in the list so he can go. then you.

The original idea was to send two negs out of the same scene, one to the other two members of the list. SInce the group is small one will suffice I guess. I obviously did not do this so the rules are pretty loose. You print a copy for each member of the group. When everything is done and the negatives are back in their home file we send the prints to people. We wait so that no one, like me, is swayed in their interpretation. I have no scanner so would not be able to individually post my own prints for the world, but others could so the community can see the differences.

Please remember that I am a novice and the negs are not the best in the world. If you find them a hassel or unprintable please say so. I need help, and advice anyway I can get it.

Lets see how these negs go, as a trial run, before deciding if we should all send negs at the same time to the other members, or keep it as one person sending the negs at a time.

When you get my negs there will be a little note on the sleeve to handle with care and to keep out of reach of children. This is not to you folks. You know how to handle negatives. It is just something I do.

I hope this answers all of your questions.

David A. Goldfarb
08-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Thanks, Mark. Sounds like a plan. I'm looking forward to it!