PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Littleton Shoot/Get-together

Pages : 1 [2]

toro_mike
07-29-2010, 04:57 PM
It was a great meet-up with just two of us walking all over downtown Littleton talking cameras, film and darkroom (and lots of other stuff). Thanks to Mike for helping organize this and we will do it again. I'll start a new thread with an August date (thinking around Saturday the 14th of August). I'll get my film done tonight (hopefully) and post pictures soon.

mathomas
07-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Yeah, it was fun. My dogs were tired after walking around for 2 hours! It was my first time shooting the Fuji 690. I took my three rolls 120 film to Englewood Camera since I don't have a 120 tank, and I'll have scans on Saturday (hopefully worth posting).

Thanks for organizing, Mike, and I look forward to the next one. Someone interested in the shoots should pick a venue.

later...

tony lockerbie
07-30-2010, 12:41 AM
Really? That's very interesting, I'll have to look that up. Maybe you could get some folks out and do a shoot as well soon? Might be interesting to share shots.

Mike

Great idea, but I'm the only Apugger within 200 miles:(

toro_mike
07-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Ah, sorry to hear it Tony! Seems to be normal these days - it's hard to find other analog shooters as we are in the minority these days. Your photos here on APUG are fantastic! I especially love "Pathway under the Ti trees," but it is hard to pick a favorite!

Mike

EdColorado
07-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Glad you guys had a good time and I'm sorry I wouldn't make it. I was thinking of hauling out an RB67 to try some walk around street shooting but work called and I was off. In a strange twist I actually know I will be out of town on Aug 14 but I'll keep my eyes open and hopefully a meet will be scheduled soon that I can actually make.

mrwestphal
08-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Also glad to hear you 2 had a good time, wish I could have made it too. As with Ed, I am also not available Aug. 13th to the 20th so I will also keep my eyes open for another get-together. and don't worry Ed, if we do ever make it I can bring my RB too so we can both look like,,,,,,,,,, well you can fill in the blank!

toro_mike
08-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Also glad to hear you 2 had a good time, wish I could have made it too. As with Ed, I am also not available Aug. 13th to the 20th so I will also keep my eyes open for another get-together. and don't worry Ed, if we do ever make it I can bring my RB too so we can both look like,,,,,,,,,, well you can fill in the blank!

No worries guys! August just fell out from under me as well, so let's shoot for something in September. I'll just throw out September 4th.

Mike

mathomas
08-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Hey y'all. Too bad there are so many out of the running in August. I'm still available if there are any others that are.

I was thinking we need a snappy acronym for these get togethers (and the collective itself). So I came up with a sappy/snappy acronym:

LENS : Littleton/Englewood Neighborhood Shoot(ers)

I've tagged my first set of photos as LENS1. It tickles me -- it's OK if it doesn't tickle anyone else :).

Anyway, here's a slideshow of some selected frames from LENS1:

http://www.flickr.com/search/show/?q=LENS1&m=tags&w=76198982%40N00&z=m

mrwestphal
08-04-2010, 07:40 AM
Hey Mike, real nice job on the pics! But, Where do any of us Auroran's fit into that name??;)

mathomas
08-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Uhh ... DANS? (denver area neighborhood shooters)?

:redface:

EdColorado
08-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Mike, what camera were you using? I see in one of Mike's pictures that it looks like a 6x4.5, maybe a Mamiya? I'm considering adding a 6x4.5 to my cabinet and am looking at the Pentax, Mamiya, and Bronica. Any input would be appreciated!

toro_mike
08-04-2010, 01:39 PM
DANS is perfect :)

toro_mike
08-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Mike, what camera were you using? I see in one of Mike's pictures that it looks like a 6x4.5, maybe a Mamiya? I'm considering adding a 6x4.5 to my cabinet and am looking at the Pentax, Mamiya, and Bronica. Any input would be appreciated!

Hi Ed,
It is a Pentax 645NII (most current of the Pentax 645 series) with the stock 75mm. It is a fantastic camera that is a pleasure to use. I don't know how it is with Mamiya and Bronica, but one negative for the Pentax is you can't change backs mid-roll without a darkroom or a lot of work. Some may not like that fact. It does not bother me :) What I absolutely love is that it imprints the camera settings on the negatives. Being terrible with remembering pens and notebooks, it is zen for me (the 645N does as well, though to a lesser degree)!

If you have any specific questions PM me!