PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Littleton Shoot/Get-together

Pages : [1] 2

toro_mike
07-23-2010, 11:16 AM
A couple of us are beginning planning a Littleton Shoot (downtown Littleton and the surrounding area) and a pub cool-down over the next couple of weeks. Anybody interested, please join!

So, let's hear when you all are available. I know mathomas is out of pocket this weekend (7/24-7/25) and I am unavailable next weekend - camping (7/31-8/1), so either a weekday next week or the following week or weekend (8/7-8/8).

Mike

BradS
07-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Wow....I read "Littleton" and "Shoot"...and my heart just kinda froze for a moment. You might want to re-think your wording a bit.

toro_mike
07-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Wow....I read "Littleton" and "Shoot"...and my heart just kinda froze for a moment. You might want to re-think your wording a bit.

Well, it happened at Columbine, which yes, is in Littleton, but that's never how it is referenced. I live very close, lived through the insanity and it isn't an issue for me. So, let's not worry about that.

Mike

mrwestphal
07-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Hey Mike, Count me in anytime except Aug. 13-20th. other than that I can make arrangements for any time Especially if there will be a "pub cool down!!!" week end or week days are all fine for me also.
Will this be a film only people event and we can stone any digi's that show up!??! oops! I digress,,,,,, I guess pics are pics (gag).
Looking forward to meeting/making some more new friends!

EdColorado
07-24-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm on call and don't have a schedule but if I'm able I'll come down from Loveland. I've never wandered Littleton but as Douglas said, if there's a pub involved I'm in!

toro_mike
07-24-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm on call and don't have a schedule but if I'm able I'll come down from Loveland. I've never wandered Littleton but as Douglas said, if there's a pub involved I'm in!

Okay, how's a weekday, such as Wednesday evening (either July 28 or August 4) for everybody? Mike (mathomas), do you have a favorite pub down there?

Mike

Michael Kadillak
07-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Sounds great. Count me in. Just let me know the where and when and I will be there.

Michael Kadillak
Aurora

mathomas
07-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Firstly, thanks Mike (toro_mike) for starting up this thread.

I can make weekday get-togethers as long as I know they're coming, so I'm in for Wednesday, if others are. I'm also available for the August 4 date, so far as I know.

Warning: downtown Littleton might die in the evening. Haven't been at night in a while. I usually shoot there in the morning on days off.

Regarding gear: I'm personally not a fan of rules. I'm just going to be sure that at least one of the cameras I bring takes film. :)

Regarding pubs: I'm pretty ignorant of the quality of the pubs, but I know there are at least three of them.

Here's a slideshow of some photos I've taken (on film) in downtown Littleton:

http://www.flickr.com/search/show/?q=downtown+littleton+film&w=76198982%40N00

toro_mike
07-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Love the shots Mike, very well done!

I'm in for this Wednesday night as well - say around 6:30PM? We could meet at the Littleton Lightrail station south of Littleton Blvd at S Prince St and W Alamo Ave or the parking lot north of Littleton Blvd near Ned Kelly's Irish Pub on S Rio Grande St.

Looking forward to this a lot! I say bring whatever gear you want! I'll bring film camera(s) personally :)

Mike

mrwestphal
07-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Ok,,,,,,,,,Uhm, that was quick! I certainly can make arrangements if this works for everyone else.

mathomas
07-25-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm in. Should be fun. Maybe we can make Ned Kelly's the end-of-shooting landing spot, and thus can meet in/near the RTD parking lot behind it (the 2nd one you mentioned). I'll try to park as close to Littleton Blvd as possible.

tony lockerbie
07-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Just an incidental, Littleton CO. is a sister city for my home town of Bega. A bit far for me to go, have a good time anyway!

Tony

toro_mike
07-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Just an incidental, Littleton CO. is a sister city for my home town of Bega. A bit far for me to go, have a good time anyway!

Tony

Really? That's very interesting, I'll have to look that up. Maybe you could get some folks out and do a shoot as well soon? Might be interesting to share shots.

Mike

toro_mike
07-25-2010, 11:26 PM
History of the sister cities... (http://www.begalittleton.org/id11.html) Ah Google, take a look at that link if you want to know more. Very interesting. Thanks for mentioning this :)

mrwestphal
07-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Hey Mike, sorry to say I will not be able to make it Wednesday and I am not happy about it but my wife reminded me that we already have plans. PLEASE! can we sometime in the near future try another get together or even a mini get-together for pics & beer? I am a brewery hound so we can plan something like a warehouse shoot and brewery hop downtown? or whatever anybody else might think of??

EdColorado
07-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Are we talking Wed. the 28th? If so then I'm a maybe...which is about as sure as things get with my "schedule".

mathomas
07-27-2010, 09:36 PM
I've been thinking of Wed the 28th in my posts. I have a new (used) camera that needs to be shot, so I'll be down there regardless. Hope you can make it Ed, and sorry you can't Douglas. I have a feeling there may be more than one of these, so I wouldn't worry too much about missing.

Just to make sure we're on tomorrow, let's have a roll call...

toro_mike
07-28-2010, 11:33 AM
I've been thinking of Wed the 28th in my posts. I have a new (used) camera that needs to be shot, so I'll be down there regardless. Hope you can make it Ed, and sorry you can't Douglas. I have a feeling there may be more than one of these, so I wouldn't worry too much about missing.

Just to make sure we're on tomorrow, let's have a roll call...

Yes, we are talking about the 28th (today)! I will be there as well and am looking forward to it!

So, the details:
When: 6:30PM - ???
Where: We will meet at the parking lot north of Littleton Blvd near Ned Kelly's Irish Pub on S Rio Grande St. See the Google map Here (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Ned+Kelly's+Irish+Pub,+Littleton,+CO&sll=39.613902,-105.014472&sspn=0.00144,0.002401&ie=UTF8&hq=Ned+Kelly's+Irish+Pub,&hnear=Littleton,+Arapahoe,+Colorado&ll=39.613995,-105.01481&spn=0.001389,0.002401&t=h&z=19). We'll park as close to Littleton Blvd as possible.

Doug, sorry you can't make it. We will do it again, so no worries!
Ed, hope to see you there! If not, shoot for next time!
Mike - Look forward to meeting you!

Mike

Cheryl Jacobs
07-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Just saw this post. I was actually figuring on being in that area already, since I use Karma Bar as my satellite office. ;) I'll try to swing by.

Incidentally, my project "The Regulars" was shot at at Olde Towne Tavern right there at Littleton Blvd and Prince St.

- CJ

toro_mike
07-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Just saw this post. I was actually figuring on being in that area already, since I use Karma Bar as my satellite office. ;) I'll try to swing by.

Incidentally, my project "The Regulars" was shot at at Olde Towne Tavern right there at Littleton Blvd and Prince St.

- CJ

I remember that series well... Excellent, well done!

The more the merrier :)

Mike