PDA

View Full Version : It's Camera 7...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

MattKing
09-28-2010, 01:54 PM
I could go through every post to see if we decided upon a theme...... but instead I will ask.

Is there a theme?

Steve.

Steve:

The "Rest of the World" are each going to put the camera on a tripod and shoot 30 day time exposures ;).

No theme for us in North America.

Always eager to help :)

Síle
09-29-2010, 05:03 AM
Steve:

The "Rest of the World" are each going to put the camera on a tripod and shoot 30 day time exposures ;).

No theme for us in North America.

Always eager to help :)

I'm overwhelmed by your generosity of thought and willingness to help out Matt.. however in your rush to aid Steve you got one little detail wrong...

The "Rest of the World" should be 30second time exposures not day... but I can see how easy it is to type day by mistake :D

Steve Smith
09-29-2010, 05:20 AM
I believe each member of 'Team America' has to take a photograph of a lunar eclipse on a Thursday.

Steve.

Black Dog
09-29-2010, 05:28 AM
..under a gibbous moon..

lmn
09-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Actually, Team America's theme is Hurry!

toro_mike
09-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Actually, Team America's theme is Hurry!

Yeah, hurry up and wait! :munch:

MattKing
09-29-2010, 03:10 PM
The "USA & Canada" camera has arrived in Delta.

I'll report out soon :).

cdholden
09-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Great thing, this was fun I wanna be part of #8 and 9 also...

Erik

Is there a #8 and #9 in the works yet?
If not, I'll volunteer. I've got a pair of 6x9 folders I can load up with some film. Maybe sending both simultaneously like this one: one to the eastern hemisphere, the other to the western hemisphere.
Any thoughts/comments?
Chris
p.s. I would like to see #6 and at least one of the #7's make it home to roost before any more start traveling.

Removed Account2
09-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Hey Chris!
If I'm part of the western hemisphere here in Norway: count me in on that folder!!

There will be only 8 seats on that flight and I WAnt one!!

PROMISE A FAST AND EXPEDIENT TURN-AROUND LIKE ON #7, BUT CANNOT GUARANTEE 1H 55 MINIUTES EVERY TIME!

Erik

flatulent1
09-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Good heavens, count me in on one of those folders!

cmo
09-30-2010, 02:14 AM
Here is the man of business for folders coming to Germany.

Will we use roll film, sheet film or glass plates? :blink:

Removed Account2
09-30-2010, 04:02 AM
Good heavens, count me in on one of those folders!

I was first Fred, first dibs!!!
:-)

Síle
09-30-2010, 04:14 AM
I was first Fred, first dibs!!!

Pick me.. Pick me... Pick me!!

cdholden
09-30-2010, 06:04 AM
cmo,
It would be roll film, 120 to be precise.
I've got several rolls of Rollei Pan (ISO 25), for those that like it slow. I usually shoot FP4 (ISO 125), so I've got plenty of both on hand.

Erik,
As for hemispheres, I think you are mistaken (or I am!). I was under the impresson that the western hemisphere was the Americas and half of Antarctica, while the eastern hemisphere was the rest of the world, or "The Old World".
The folders are close to identical, lens being the only difference as I recall. Both are Pentacon Erconas with a 105mm Tessar. Basically, it's a Zeiss Ikonta, but under Russian distribution after their invasion of Germany. The cameras even have Zeiss marked on them, so you can see it's the same tooling and parts used.

and yes... there are only 8 tickets on each flight. I'll wait til camera #6 and one of the #7s makes it back to the mothership before starting up another thread. Since we're waiting for #6 to finish its travels, it might be safe to say there could be several new emulsions to choose from by the time I kick this thing off!

lmn
09-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Me too on the folders!!!!! Please!!!

Removed Account2
09-30-2010, 10:59 AM
Ah! difference in culture!

In europe, at least in my part of europe, "western hemisphere" roughly was the same as the original, old NATO.

That excluded what Ronald reagan termed as the e*** empire, and the latin americas & rest of the world, but strange enough included the canadians!

In that context we where the good kids in class, did as was told for 50 years.

As long as there is a ticket for me, I'm happy whatever hemisphere you put me in, these days, thanx to the internet we finally can live in the global village and talk about the Camera hemisphere.

:-))

Since I have none of those Erconas (but a couple of post-war Nettars) I would love to lay my hands on one of them, even for a few hours, methinks they made eminent cameras in the eastern part og germany, at least until the partei-politicians meddled into the production and decided they should make cameras for "the masses". So pleaseeeee find a seat for me!

cmo
09-30-2010, 11:20 AM
It looks like Camera 8 is almost on the way while 7 is still traveling... :-)

Síle
09-30-2010, 11:27 AM
It looks like Camera 8 is almost on the way while 7 is still traveling... :-)

I feel a cold sweat breaking out....

k_jupiter
09-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Be afraid Sile, be very afraid.

tim in san jose

MattKing
10-01-2010, 12:24 AM
An update from the Pacific Northwest.

I received our camera 7 and actually took two photos - a sort of yin and yang - the same subject but at different times, in different light, and from different sides. I won't spoil the surprise, but will say that it is extremely unlikely that I inadvertently duplicated the subject of the photo taken by thebanana.

Next, I liberated from my stash an unused and neglected padded lens pouch which seemed ideal for protecting the camera in it's travels. That, in combination with the bubble wrap and plastic bag that the camera came in fit just nicely in one of those brilliant concoctions advertised so heavily by the US postal service - a Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box.

Then (wait for it!) ... I exported the camera to a foreign country!!

Actually, my wife and I drove down to the Seattle area for the day. On the way, we stopped in at the post office in the town where Lisa lives and submitted the camera to the tender care of the US Postal Service. The staff there think that our travelling camera idea is great fun, and predicted that for the very reasonable fee of $5.65 (including tracking) we can be reasonably confident that Lisa will have camera 7 in her hands tomorrow, October 1st.

As I understand it, the box can be re-used, so I would recommend that to the rest of you in our group. If it gets worn, the Post Office will give you another such box, for free.

Hope everyone is having as much fun as I am :).