PDA

View Full Version : It's Camera 7...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Removed Account2
10-14-2010, 04:43 AM
Eeeeeh CH, you been travelling in Europe lately?

:-P

k_jupiter
10-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks for that Erik.. it's a lot of bother to have gone to, I know, so I really appreciate it.

As for the US infiltration of my computer.. I have to admit I've always been somewhat suspicious of Tim (in San Jose)'s loyalties.. He was shooting from the other hip this time round from Aachen in Germany.. and then flying over Ireland to get back the the San Jose in the US of A..

Methinks he may just have done some computer hacking while over Irish waters...

Those Americans.. you just can't turn your back on them for one minute!

The tricky part was making the new address label I had printed up look just like the labels you sent over in the package Sile.

But American injinuity triumphed. Nobody else noticed it was hand printed. In crayon. In orange.

tim in san jose

Removed Account2
10-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Ah time to repent!

And time to step forward and tell us all what REALLY went down with camera 6? I've been reading up in the archives, I bet those #%%&&##" 'mericans had their hand in that too!

I'll have my eyes checked, it was ME that didn't notice the orange address label......

EP

PS I better have my head checked too!

M.A.Longmore
10-14-2010, 12:39 PM
We should have a Do-Over with Camera 8.
Same Members Same Route, this is no fun
with the camera being lost. Sign me up !

Ron

k_jupiter
10-14-2010, 01:19 PM
We should have a Do-Over with Camera 8.
Same Members Same Route, this is no fun
with the camera being lost. Sign me up !

Ron

While it seems not, it is hard to insert 'Tim in Aachen' into any type of schedule.

Plans to be back there but no definitive plans, ya know?

tim in san jose

Removed Account2
10-14-2010, 02:15 PM
I think that is too early, the jury is still out on wether the camera is actually LOST or just delayed in the big postal system, lets wait until I get an answer from the researchers in the mial unit.

I'll keep ya all posted.

But of course I want to sign up for Camera 8 immediately!!

Erik in Norway

cdholden
10-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Eeeeeh CH, you been travelling in Europe lately?

:-P

No, but with all the recent work I've been doing in downtown Nashville, I've exceeded my quota on tourist experiences.

Removed Account2
10-14-2010, 05:07 PM
He he I betcha you'd find a lot of crazy norskies in Nashville, country music is BIG over here!
Local stereotype used to be a young fellow in an old banged-out swedish car (volvo) living in the car, playing C&W 24/7, fat as a zeppeliner from too many burgers and coke - in short excellent picture material!

cdholden
10-15-2010, 05:08 AM
Do they sing the English version of the songs or are they just that style of music, but with Norwegian lyrics?
Do you have a direct translation for "redneck"?
If not, I think you need one. Make them feel at home. We don't need any more over here!
Chris

Removed Account2
10-15-2010, 06:33 AM
Both ways norskie lyrics and scanlish version.... one dude have even apperared on Garnd 'Ole Opry. He is a standup guy BTW, Bjørgo Haaland, but getting old.

We DO call them rednecks, no need to translate a perfectly superb expression! And truth be told, some of my best friends are! Most of these guys are resourceful and helpsome, can fix themselves supper by way of fishingrod or hunting rifle any day or season, and will make your car move, no matter what! I have no disdain fro redneck either side of the Big Pond. Some of them are funny though! On the other hand I betchyou they think WE are also, wasting time on sumkin' so totally useless as picturetaking stuff!

Have a nice weekend Chris.

cmo
10-15-2010, 06:41 AM
Do they sing the English version of the songs or are they just that style of music, but with Norwegian lyrics?
Do you have a direct translation for "redneck"?
If not, I think you need one. Make them feel at home. We don't need any more over here!
Chris

I think the rednecks are sneaking into Europe... this is a german cookie brand:

http://img.dooyoo.de/DE_DE/orig/0/3/4/7/9/347974.jpg

Removed Account2
10-15-2010, 06:51 AM
The rednecks CAME from Europe! Norskies, Swedes, Finns, Irishers for sure, maybe not so many from Germany, but the Dutch! Don't forget the Dutch!
:-)

lmn
10-15-2010, 08:43 AM
as in "truck"? Clever.

Sign me up for 8!

cdholden
10-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Both ways norskie lyrics and scanlish version.... one dude have even apperared on Garnd 'Ole Opry. He is a standup guy BTW, Bjørgo Haaland, but getting old.

We DO call them rednecks, no need to translate a perfectly superb expression! And truth be told, some of my best friends are! Most of these guys are resourceful and helpsome, can fix themselves supper by way of fishingrod or hunting rifle any day or season, and will make your car move, no matter what! I have no disdain fro redneck either side of the Big Pond. Some of them are funny though! On the other hand I betchyou they think WE are also, wasting time on sumkin' so totally useless as picturetaking stuff!

Have a nice weekend Chris.

Technically, the Grand Ol' Opry is no longer at the Ryman Auditorium downtown (where it should be, IMHO). It's now at Opryland Hotel, within Opry Mills Mall. I live about 20 minutes east of it.
Many things in my upbringing, included many you listed, would tag me as a redneck. Fortunately, I broke from the stereotype:
I live in a nice townhouse, not some down-trodden shack, or worse, a mobile home without wheels.
I have no siblings, therefore I am unable to sleep with my sister.
We have 3 trucks, all with wheels, and are all in good running order... street legal too. None of them have a gun rack in the back window.
My education is significantly better than those I grew up with.
I don't live anywhere close to where I was raised.

Things are looking up for me. While I carry all the good traits of survival and ingenuity, I still get the priviledge of making fun of rednecks!
Enjoy your weekend. I'll be working through mine. Blah.

Removed Account2
10-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Hey just funnin' Chris, but did you also loose the outhouse during your escalation&travel in life?

I enjoyed a discussion at another site some years back, where good friends shared memories of freezing cold winter mornings and the necessary trip to the outhouse.......... most hillarious was what was their rescue when the Sears catalog ran out of pages......

Like here along the barren coasts of the polar ocean, we share laughs over the old ways, and all the ubelieveble things the old people simply had to endure..... we also love them for their optimism, ingenuity and always building brick by brick a better life for their folks. Today almost noone is prepared to belive its even possible for a family to survive on a steady diet of salted herring and potatoes, only varaiation being the 'taters being boiled hot the first day and cold the day after....

Cheer up lads, life is good to us, film, developer and nice old camers will be there, at least during our lifetime....

cdholden
10-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Though I'm not so sure if *MY* film and developer will be there. All the more reason to invest in a collodion setup!

Indeed, it's good to find that people on opposite sides of the world, and in different cultures, can laugh about the same things... like primitive housing that when you need to crap, you have to first put on boots and grab the flashlight.

Here's one you can share with your Norskie Nash Vegas wannabes:

What do tornadoes and divorces in Tennessee have in common?
It doesn't matter. Either way, someone is losing a trailer.

Síle
10-17-2010, 09:12 AM
What do tornadoes and divorces in Tennessee have in common?
It doesn't matter. Either way, someone is losing a trailer.

Oh dear.. I Love it.. Though I probably shouldn't!

Have we any news from the Norwegian Sherlocks.. or indeed the Isle of Wight Holmes? Anything.. a sign or breath of life.. a faint flicker or glimmer of hope in the distance?

Please??

Pretty please??

:cry:

Removed Account2
10-17-2010, 09:17 AM
At the post office they warned me that there might not be news in "a forthnight" because these wheels grind slowly, they need to retrace every step this letter was supposed to make, and try to find out whether it remains somewhere along the trail.... And I have a HUNCH these guys don't use e-mail when they exchange information!

But I was promised - nearly guaranteed - that I will get an answer.

You'll be the first to know.

lmn
10-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Erik, I'm jealous of the commitment of your postal system!

Removed Account2
10-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Good and bad side to every picture.
The mail here is like the original Royal mail, they still have sole rights to deliver mail and certain parcels.

Thats why DHL and Fedex and the like gets abherrently expensive here - to protect the Mail.

Some call this state the last soviet republic, thats wrong, we're a kingdom for starters, and have a democratic government.

But we are independent and do things our way. In the past I've had to walk away from ebay deals because of these postal peculiarities, especially yankees have a hard time understanding this, while they have an ideologic approach to postal interchanges; they want nothing to do with USPS and their internationbal equivalents, so without any way of sending or receieving nothing happened. Oh well, the world is filled to the brim with old cameras, no need to do business with loggerheads....

Anyways the mail will find the camera, if at all possible, they take these things and our loss even more serious than we!