PDA

View Full Version : It's Camera 7...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

cdholden
10-31-2010, 07:46 AM
Chris I remember WKRP in Cincinnati very well and loved the show.. However I didn't see that episode, mores the shame! So I guess that means I too must be old.. but I'm definitely not from the US!

Erik and Fred I was particularly fond of Flowery Twats myself!

It's nice to see that WKRP was exported for the rest of the world to enjoy. Though, I never got into Faulty Towers. It was too weird for me. I just chalked it up to British humor being dry, but then I realized that I liked Monty Python. It was then that I just let go of trying to explain it.

Steve Smith
10-31-2010, 01:14 PM
I took my second shot today so the camera will be on its way to Mr Black Dog Jake tomorrow.

There are 18 shots left and only four people remaining in the list so take at least two shots each..... perhaps even three!

Steve.

Removed Account2
10-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Methinks Sile has definite plans for those two remaining shots, or just wanna keep them as reserve in case any of those 4 remaining shooters gets a bad case of something....

Onwards!

cdholden
10-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Methinks Sile has definite plans for those two remaining shots...

Onwards!

Yes. Two photos of Camera 6, documenting her successful infiltration of the One Trick Pony Express!

Síle
10-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Yes. Two photos of Camera 6, documenting her successful infiltration of the One Trick Pony Express!

Omg...I'm off to Wikileaks to see who's been telling my secrets!!!

Um and yes please feel free to take two pics those of you still remaining.. The last shot on the roll is reserved for the bottle of wine that I intend drinking as soon as these babies land on my doorstep!

Steve well done turning it around so fast after all the confusion.
John you and your Huge Manatee evoked the loudest groan I've had in a long time.. and no smart comments from the peanut gallery tyvm!

As Erik so wisely said... Onwards!!

cdholden
11-01-2010, 12:10 AM
That reminds me of an episode of WKRP, when Les arranges a helicopter full of turkeys be dropped over Cincinnati as a Thanksgiving promotion by the radio station. "But I thought they could fly!"

After I began typing, I realize that this is probably more amusing to me than others reading this thread. This was a show in the late 1970s to early 80s, about radio station and it's staff. Unless you're old and from the US, and remember watching the show, you probably won't get this reference.

Relive a great moment in time:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/322/wkrp-in-cincinnati-turkeys-away

Steve Smith
11-01-2010, 02:59 AM
Steve well done turning it around so fast after all the confusion.

Don't speak too soon. One of those American/Canadians could be trying to detain me on the way down to the Post Office today.

Steve.

Síle
11-01-2010, 03:41 AM
Don't speak too soon. One of those American/Canadians could be trying to detain me on the way down to the Post Office today.

Steve.

Not any more......... :ninja:

Removed Account2
11-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Relive a great moment in time:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/322/wkrp-in-cincinnati-turkeys-away

Message : "Sorry currently our video library cannot be streamed outside USA"

I KNEW there was something those Yanks was keeping to themselves! :blink:

Steve Smith
11-01-2010, 08:40 AM
It's on its way to Derbyshire in the hands of some of the country's finest post delivering professionals. Which team is winning at the moment? (assuming it was a race... which it obviously isn't!).

Not any more......... :ninja:

I wasn't detained by any Americans or Canadians so whatever you did worked.

Steve.

cdholden
11-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Which team is winning at the moment? (assuming it was a race... which it obviously isn't!).

Steve.

You are. When the North American camera was shipped to me, sender was provided an old address, not my current one. We've talked to PO staff and my old leasing company, but I still need to speak with the current tenant at that address (apartment).
I'm going to try again today, but I've not been able to speak with them yet.
At this point, I'm hoping toro_mike receives it in CO, marked "return to sender" or "addressee no longer at this address".
Chris

Removed Account2
11-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Elvis " Return to sender, address not known, I got a letter from the Pooost-Man, marked address not known, Return to sender, ho-hum-tum-tum-tum-toh!"

I recon this is serious business in a BIG place! Hopefully the new tennant didn't spot the valuable asset, open the pack and use the remaining shots..... never realizing the valuable ART in his hands when he got his snapshots back!

We know how this feels, symphaty offered here!

Erik

Síle
11-01-2010, 10:59 AM
I wasn't detained by any Americans or Canadians so whatever you did worked.

Steve.

Damn I'm good... :cool:

k_jupiter
11-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Damn I'm good... :cool:

Uh huh.

tim soon to be in Aachen Germany

Síle
11-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Uh huh.

Oh you know it...

tim soon to be in Aachen Germany

I'm beginning to get dizzy at this stage.. Just how many times will you have crossed the Atlantic before these babies come home?

k_jupiter
11-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Oh you know it...

I'm beginning to get dizzy at this stage.. Just how many times will you have crossed the Atlantic before these babies come home?

some number between 3 and infinity. Just wait, next year is the year of Cambridge England.

Black Dog
11-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Oops..forgot to say I've moved, but luckily I'm going there tomorrow!

Removed Account2
11-03-2010, 04:53 PM
OOOO here we go again! I bet the Royal mail already sniffed out you have moved and returned to sender!

Steve Smith
11-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Oops..forgot to say I've moved

That makes three of us then!

but luckily I'm going there tomorrow!

It should be waiting for you when you get there.

Steve.

Steve Smith
11-03-2010, 04:56 PM
OOOO here we go again! I bet the Royal mail already sniffed out you have moved and returned to sender!

No.... that would be me. It's already had two goes at finding me!

Actually, I didn't put my address on the back so I doubt it.

Steve.