PDA

View Full Version : It's Camera 7...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

mooseontheloose
12-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Or why not consider Camera(s) 7 lost at sea, hope for them to return eventually, and rather than repeat this round, just start a new round (same people perhaps?) with camera 8?

cdholden
12-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Ask Chris !

Huh?

cdholden
12-09-2010, 08:08 AM
If this doesn't pan out I may just take up one legged spit roast Leprechaun fly fishing :w00t:

Tennessee fly fishing in the spring is wonderful. Send us your leprechauns. We'll show 'em how it's done. I've got 3, 4, 5 and 8 weight rods, plus reels for all. A slew of various flies and hooks are in my arsenal just waiting to get wet again!

The funny part is that APUG was my introduction to fly fishing. I traded 3 custom rods and 2 Orvis reels for a 4x5 Busch press camera. It's always good when both sides feel like they got the better end of the deal. :D

cdholden
12-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Huh?

Oh... I forgot.
I volunteered to do Camera 8 east/west hemispheres, but they're 6x9 folders. There won't be enough exposures on each roll for everyone on this round to retake their shot. I still haven't got the cameras out to test them either. I'm working doubles this and probably next week, in addition to trying to get ready for the holidays and family that will be visiting. I don't see me getting any free time until after Christmas.

So what's the general consensus? Do we want to rustle up a pair of 35mm cameras and re-do this (or call it #8, with a new list of people) or just move forward with 2 folding cameras? I'm in for either of these options. We'll need to confirm camera formats before generating lists due to differing number of exposures per roll (12/24/36 vs 8).

Mike, any word back on the US camera with your case number yet?

toro_mike
12-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Mike, any word back on the US camera with your case number yet?

Nothing yet. I will call again today to get an update. There seems to be no end to the incompetence of our beloved USPS! If I get in on one of these again (if I'm allowed, that is!), I will definitely spend (RANT - get extorted - it's BS that one must pay 20% above the cost of mailing to make sure these clowns do their job!! - END RANT) the extra dollars to make sure it gets where it's supposed to go. I'd suggest the same for everybody :outlaw:

I'll update the thread when I hear.

Mike

flatulent1
12-09-2010, 01:00 PM
I'll go along with whatever wiser people and Síle decide, and you can count me in on the next round. :)

Oh, and if there's any need for more Sureshots, I have plenty available for sacrifice.

lmn
12-11-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm in too, and would be happy to fund one the 27 shot instants we were shooting. The hair-trigger finger added such an element of surprise!

toro_mike
12-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Count me in! Please, though, everybody use tracking if we do this again! Can you guys do that in the rest of the world? I\'m sure it can disappear just as easily!

Síle
12-11-2010, 04:51 PM
I must be totally and utterly insane... but feckit... go on lets do it!

I think there's a lot of wisdom now in this group and somehow I believe if we can change a few of the instructions to include a PM to the next person on the list and perhaps recorded delivery.. we just may avoid this problem in the future.

Luckily this round was two single use cameras.. imagine this with two 35mm or worse still.. those folders?

As for what to use... I guess that's open to a vote....

flatulent1
12-11-2010, 05:18 PM
I suggest another change. Instead of including a list of names and addresses (some of which become obsolete) of all the participants, include a note in the package instructing the person holding the camera to PM you for particulars of the next participant. That way you're in control of where the camera's going. Also include your address in case it gets lost in the post.

thebanana
12-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Participants must swear an oath in blood that they will not hang on to the camera for more than 5 days. We all lead busy lives, but sticking it in your closet for 5 months is inexcusable. :cry:

flatulent1
12-11-2010, 11:41 PM
I had a thought. Doesn't have much to do with this, just thought I'd throw it out there...

Swap the first two letters in NICEST to get INCEST.

Things that make you go Hmmm...

Síle
12-12-2010, 06:49 AM
The following from Fred is a pretty damning sign that we have all spiralled into complete and utter madness..

I had a thought. Doesn't have much to do with this, just thought I'd throw it out there...

Swap the first two letters in NICEST to get INCEST.

Things that make you go Hmmm...

God I love this group!!

Participants must swear an oath in blood that they will not hang on to the camera for more than 5 days. We all lead busy lives, but sticking it in your closet for 5 months is inexcusable. :cry:

Signor Banana... I like how you think... perhaps the subject matter of the photo could be the aftermath of said blood oath?

Oh and Fred before you descended into complete and utter insanity you had a good point.. the recipient doesn't get the address until they PM upon receipt of the camera..

Removed Account2
12-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Sign me up!

MattKing
12-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Some might call me overly anally retentive, but ..

I made a point of confirming Lisa's address by pm before I sent the camera on to her. So I would recommend that that be made part of the expected routine.

After 20+ years of sending important documents and correspondence (in my day job), I never trust an address unless I've evidence it is correct and current.

Sometimes I get the most amazing looks from staff :).

Black Dog
12-12-2010, 05:07 PM
I've been in touch with my old colleagues to see if the camera had actually arrived in Hartington, and so far it hasn't.

cdholden
12-12-2010, 08:22 PM
I've contacted all possible parties here that could have laid hands on the North American camera. No luck here either.

toro_mike
12-12-2010, 10:52 PM
I've contacted all possible parties here that could have laid hands on the North American camera. No luck here either.

We'll call the PO again about the case on Monday, but I have very little hope that the folks in India, who apparently outsourced by the USPS, on the other line really do anything at all with these cases. :blink:

Mike

cdholden
12-13-2010, 02:28 PM
We'll call the PO again about the case on Monday, but I have very little hope that the folks in India, who apparently outsourced by the USPS, on the other line really do anything at all with these cases. :blink:

Mike

... especially if you spoke with a man who says his name is Peggy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8L2cI8brzQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lzz8KER520

flatulent1
12-13-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm thinking of sacrificing some of these (http://www.tofurkey.com/) things...

http://www.tofurkey.com/img/img_products/p_sausageital.jpg :sick: