PDA

View Full Version : It's Camera 7...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42

cmo
01-12-2011, 04:36 AM
Build in a requirement that the person who has the camera doesn't forward it to the next person until they have confirmed the latter's address.

...and if they take more than a few days to reply, send it on to the next person.

If we do it like this I am in. :cool:

BTW, any news about the missing cameras? Did the mail companies reply to inquiries?

mooseontheloose
01-12-2011, 04:46 AM
If we do it like this I am in. :cool:

BTW, any news about the missing cameras? Did the mail companies reply to inquiries?

Me too!

Síle
01-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Build in a requirement that the person who has the camera doesn't forward it to the next person until they have confirmed the latter's address.

...and if they take more than a few days to reply, send it on to the next person.

If we do it like this I am in.

Me too!

Me three...

I totally agree with all of the above.. But also feel its worth mentioning there are times when you genuinely get distracted or too busy to take a photo and even with the best intentions in the world - if you cannot take that shot within a one week period - you should mail it to the next person to keep the cameras moving. No explanations or apologies needed.. it's fairer on the rest of the group that way.

Now am I doing a Europe and rest of the World ~vs~ The USA and Canada again? Or are we doing one camera one world?

flatulent1
01-12-2011, 09:08 AM
One camera, please. This project rather lost its charm for me when the two regions were divided.

Black Dog
01-12-2011, 10:08 AM
I checked up with my old housemates/colleagues and the camera never even reached Derbyshire....

toro_mike
01-12-2011, 11:13 AM

No, the USPS really doesn't give a %$%#.

Though they did send me a nice impersonal form letter stating that they handle XXX billion items per day and things are bound to get lost, never to be found, from time to time and I should be very proud of the job they do most of the time. :sleeping: It was quite uplifting!

Mike

cmo
01-12-2011, 12:45 PM
One camera, please. This project rather lost its charm for me when the two regions were divided.

One is enough. I felt like this all the time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46btEgKmCTo

cdholden
01-13-2011, 10:18 AM
I swear I need my head examined (for many reasons.. but that's besides the point).. I hereby declare cameras 7˝(a) and 7˝(b) officially opened.

Can I have a hands up from those in this thread who wish to carry on? The rules will be slightly different from the previous round in so much as cameras won't be sent anywhere until PM's have been exchanged and recorded delivery is going to be compulsory..

Whaddya think?

I'm in!

cdholden
01-13-2011, 10:28 AM
No, the USPS really doesn't give a %$%#.

Though they did send me a nice impersonal form letter stating that they handle XXX billion items per day and things are bound to get lost, never to be found, from time to time and I should be very proud of the job they do most of the time. :sleeping: It was quite uplifting!

Mike

Wow. That's a mighty big pair of balls he has.

Dear Mike,
My bad. I f#&ked up! You know what I'm sayin'? We're pretty busy here with lunch breaks, smoke breaks, pee breaks, filing our nails, gossiping on our cell phones, and chatting up customers so we can watch the other assholes standing in line get impatient. Buy another stamp and we'll see if we get it right next time. Thanks for playing.

Hugs and kisses,
Your Uncle Sam

toro_mike
01-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Wow. That's a mighty big pair of balls he has.

Dear Mike,
My bad. I f#&ked up! You know what I'm sayin'? We're pretty busy here with lunch breaks, smoke breaks, pee breaks, filing our nails, gossiping on our cell phones, and chatting up customers so we can watch the other assholes standing in line get impatient. Buy another stamp and we'll see if we get it right next time. Thanks for playing.

Hugs and kisses,
Your Uncle Sam

Yup, that's certainly is a valid interpretation of the letter. Now the trillion dollar question is... Will the US government let the USPS fail???? :munch:

Mike

k_jupiter
01-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Yup, that's certainly is a valid interpretation of the letter. Now the trillion dollar question is... Will the US government let the USPS fail???? :munch:

Mike

Can something that's failed fail again?

tim in san jose (recipient of innumerable "occupant" junk mail selections. THEY never get lost).

flatulent1
01-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Yes Tim, things can always get worse. This is the US Government, after all...

thebanana
01-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Against my better judgement and at the risk of elevating my blood pressure, I'm in again ;)

Black Dog
01-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Likewise!:D

John_Nikon_F
01-15-2011, 04:37 AM
Yeah, let's just have one camera. And, name it Camera 7. No 7.5 or 8 business.

canonman
01-15-2011, 07:31 AM
I would like to join! Is there a chance? (Germany) - Frank

k_jupiter
01-15-2011, 08:38 AM
Yeah, let's just have one camera. And, name it Camera 7. No 7.5 or 8 business.

Ummm... no. There are two Camera 7s out there in the world. One could show up again. Both could show up again. We will leave it to Sile to name the camera, it's her project, but it will not be Camera 7. I vote for "Trevor".

tim in san jose

thebanana
01-15-2011, 02:32 PM
The right answer is 42. Always.

flatulent1
01-15-2011, 03:18 PM
The right answer is 42. Always.

Wrong. The right answer is "Thank you ma'am, may I have another?"

lmn
01-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Actually, I hear the right answer is now "B" instead of "C".