PDA

View Full Version : It's Camera 7...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

flatulent1
09-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Sheila, please. Not before my first cup of coffee...

lmn
09-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Brian, what's the proper pronunciation?

No self portraits...please!

M.A.Longmore
09-02-2010, 10:39 AM
:)

Leg, Le'gay, Leggy, I've heard darn near everything that can be done with my name. I totally consent to any use of humor people can get out of it.

[ps. my wife's maiden name was 'Gray'. The modern/hyphenated name, Gray-Legge, would have been been terrible yet awesome]

That's so damn funny !
I can imagine how your name gets scrambled.

My name is Longmore.
I've been called Lawn Mower, Longacre, Longhorn, Longfellow, Long Island ...
It's constantly mutating. Eventually someone will call me Smith, or Wesson ?

Enjoy The Weekend, And The Final Few Minutes Of Summer

Ron

Síle
09-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Sheila, please. Not before my first cup of coffee...

Sorry Fred... I'd already had two at that stage.. I do forget about this time zone business :P

Lisa trust me... there'll be NO self portraits!

Brian I am sorry.. it was too early.. too few coffees and too easy ;) I promise I'll behave now :D

sidearm613
09-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Hi Folksies. I'm up for camera 7. But, I will be in Israel for the next year, so perhaps I should be put at the end of the USA list. Then the camera will almost be around my location when I get back to the states in May. :) In other news, I've got an old Pentax point and shoot that seems like a pretty good candidate for the traveling camera. It's old and has a value of almost nothing, but it works.... Sile or K jupiter... tell me if you are interested in making use of this. Its just sitting around on my shelf... and it craves film.

Removed Account2
09-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Hupps Sidearm! (you might need one of those down there....)

You're already launching camera 8? Let it be written in stone that I wanna be in on that! From what I read about camera 6 we might even finish 8 before 6.......

And I also have a few simple cameras sitting here, redy to be donated - might be I launch a local in-country camera for the skandihoovians, just to get them out of hiding and hibernation. I'm thinking late 1980's point-and-shoot 35mm's, no exposure control, no zoom but with an on-board flash, I think that simplicity is a challenge in its own right. Who mentioned Holgas, the camera world is full to the brim with worse! (or should tha be *better*???)

flatulent1
09-02-2010, 09:23 PM
I have a pile of sacrificial P&S cams scattered about, but lately I've been thinking about offering up something different, like a Seagull (nobody'd want to keep one of those), or a battered (but not deep fried) Canon AE-1, or perhaps an AT-1, with 50mm lens. The cool thing about that is anyone who has Canon FD gear can substitute a lens of their choice. The danger there is they may send on the wrong lens, or none at all... The Yahoo Minolta group did it that way though. Then of course we could always circulate a MF back, though only users of that particular system would get to participate.

cdholden
09-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Fred,
In addition to a handful of FD lenses, I've got an MC-N adapter. It's the one that allows you to put Nikon glass on the FD bodies.
Not many of those were made. Funny thing is... I have no Nikon lenses!
Chris

Removed Account2
09-03-2010, 05:15 AM
Fred since I sold my AE1 in a fit of stupor some years back (it was imacculate, like new) and haven't yet found another (have many other FD cameras and lenses though) this might be a Very Stoopid Idea! (yes send the AE1 and it transfigures mysteriously into an AV1 with a handpainted E on the frontside!)

:-)

guitstik
09-03-2010, 05:35 AM
I have an Argus Focus Free 35mm with f5.6 lens and a Minolta Freedom AF 35R both P&S that I could donate to the cause.

Steve Smith
09-03-2010, 05:44 AM
Perhaps we could all put a camera into the system and rotate them round to the next participant at regular intervals until we received our own cameras back again. It should only take a few years!

Steve.

flatulent1
09-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Can you imagine the chaos of a dozen cameras flying around the world simultaneously, making 30 stops... Abbott and Costello meets the Keystone Kops and the Three Stooges. And everybody reporting back on one thread. It'd be pandemonium.

Let's do it!

Síle
09-04-2010, 06:52 AM
Can you imagine the chaos of a dozen cameras flying around the world simultaneously, making 30 stops... Abbott and Costello meets the Keystone Kops and the Three Stooges. And everybody reporting back on one thread. It'd be pandemonium.

Let's do it!

It must be the pseudo masochist in me but dammit I love the idea!

flatulent1
09-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Great, Síle's in charge, everyone!

lmn
09-04-2010, 11:27 AM
And what if all the cameras were homemade pinhole cameras???

Removed Account2
09-04-2010, 12:05 PM
How would you make a homemade film transport system?

Síle
09-04-2010, 12:46 PM

NOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............

M.A.Longmore
09-04-2010, 01:27 PM

The Best Man For The Job, Is Always A Wo-Man !

I have a few cheapies in the closet that haven't
seen daylight since 1995, I've been thinking about
starting a Long Island Camera. So that Long Islanders
can develop a connection of some sort ...
If any Long Islanders are reading this thread, and interested,
PM me so that I can get the camera started when I get back
from vacation in two weeks.

Ron

k_jupiter
09-06-2010, 03:39 AM
Camera sept d'arriver.

I'll take the photo tonight (I have it planned) and have the box in the mail tomorrow I hope. Now do we only take one shot? Sile????

tim in Aachen Germany

Removed Account2
09-06-2010, 05:06 AM
Think we have the upper hand on them so far! :p

THE US AND CANADA
1. The Banana - Manitoba, Canada
2. Matt_King - BC, Canada
3. lmn - WA, USA
4. John_Nikon_F - WA, USA
5. Brian Legge - WA, USA
6. Flatulent1 - WA, USA
7. Toro_mike - Colorado, USA