PDA

View Full Version : New Color Film for your Polaroid SX-70 Camera Out Tomorrow! (July 29)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

fiducio
07-29-2010, 04:37 PM
24 More points for me :D

I was all out of TZ film anyways..

AgX
07-29-2010, 04:40 PM
By the way...

samples are now to be seen at the Impossible shop.

fiducio
07-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Reminds me of the old TZ film. Bluish cast. I wonder who's providing the emulsion..

pdexposures
07-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Bought 2 triple packs, they don't ship out till monday so I am still contemplating getting a third to save on shipping.

fiducio
07-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Bought 2 triple packs, they don't ship out till monday so I am still contemplating getting a third to save on shipping.

Do it, 2x $11 shipping, not fun.

michaelbsc
07-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Interesting, but no proof of his discovery. I might give it a try. Thanks for the link.

I tried Google with "bleach fuji negative" as the search terms. There's a *LOT* of kids trying this out. And much of it looks very interesting.

I think frankly that it's a process that can be refined to give a pretty decent quality negative. It's certainly not going to beat Ektar properly exposed and processed in C41, but it's just as certainly a good trick to keep in the bag.

pdexposures
08-05-2010, 12:43 AM
Do it, 2x $11 shipping, not fun.

Ended up throwing in two packs of PX100 since I haven't shot anything but old Polaroid film and wanted to give the monochrome a try.

And the more and more I see PX70 pictures the more I realize I'll be making another larger order here shortly.

Peter de Groot
08-05-2010, 09:18 AM
I ordered the 21 combo. Nice stuff. Minor point I already reported back to Impossible is the the film is housed in the polaroid 600 cartridges. So use a piece of paper to load it in your sx-70 camera.

Ektagraphic
08-05-2010, 08:37 PM
The film is really awesome! Looks similar to the TZ Artistic already so I can see it only getting better from here! :D Impossible is also saying that this film works out just as well in 600 cameras with the exposure dial set to overexpose the film. I guess it's pretty fool proof with exposure. I'm quite pleased. Plus the PX600 version 6 is quite nice!!!! I wouldn't mind if it didn't improve. It's great. I do wish though that the PX100 looked as good as the new Version 6 of PX600.....

Peter de Groot
08-06-2010, 02:19 AM
I like the film but colorwise it may improve quite a bit. It is a bit to pale for my taste. Especially in comparison with old polaroid 600. I know you should compare but still the difference is too big.
Two pics of the same subject. First is with the px100 film. second with old polaroid 600 film.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/19217765@N00/4865591752/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19217765@N00/4864973361/in/photostream/

I posted the links because for some reason I can't get the images to work wich are on flickr.

Peter de Groot
08-09-2010, 10:11 AM
What I said before is not true. Cartridges fit both type of camera's without the aid of paper.

I ordered the 21 combo. Nice stuff. Minor point I already reported back to Impossible is the the film is housed in the polaroid 600 cartridges. So use a piece of paper to load it in your sx-70 camera.

patois
08-12-2010, 04:29 PM
I just ordered a pack for my SX/70 Sonar (http://www.bessablog.com/my-sx70-sonar/) and I'm excited about it arriving.

spb854
08-13-2010, 02:03 AM
Me too !!!!!!!!!

Rinthe
08-13-2010, 04:23 PM
I got mine, this stuff is extremely sensitivity to light when developing.

darcyjohnperkins
08-31-2010, 05:18 AM
I should be getting mine this week! I ordered nearly $4000 worth of Polaroid film! That was a group buy though, so don't go having a heart attack ;)

fLOVE
09-16-2010, 01:23 AM
Yea, the new cartridges have modified tabs on the back which allow them to fit into either a 600 or SX-70 camera without issue. Each camera has a spring in it designed to stop either a pack with tabs, or a pack with no tabs, the modified ones get past both springs.

I am working for Impossible btw, so I can answer questions here as well.

Also just a comment on shooting PX70 in a 600 camera, I made a video discussing that here http://vimeo.com/14717504

The film generally likes a healthy exposure for best results, and don't forget to shield it, it's more light sensitive than current Silver Shade offerings

darkosaric
09-16-2010, 02:07 AM
don't forget to shield it, it's more light sensitive than current Silver Shade offerings

Hi,

is there any chance that in close future impossible will make improvements so that there will be no shielding necessary after exposure ?

regards,

xya
09-21-2010, 02:09 AM
got one package yesterday and tried it in my sx-70. the cartridge is well built, battery as well and the finishing of the photos is fine. but even well shielded it gives only a faint idea of a polaroid photo. it looks faded and blurry. it's even worse than expired polaroid originals. I'm very happy that I ordered only one pack. I see my purchase as contribution to the project and I will try the next flush again.

so I wish them good luck and let's hope for the best.

reinhard

tiberiustibz
09-22-2010, 08:08 PM
My first impressions: the film is borderline awful. It's low contrast, spotty, unsaturated. Now that that's out of the way, I just feel like saying that it's awesome. I have no idea why. I took the opportunity of the cheaper color film to make my order plus a pack of PX100, and I bought an SX70 sonar (then 24 hours later my friend hands me another one, go figure.) It works well outdoors in full sunlight, as long as you shade the film well, like with a dark piece of paper. I've actually gotten differentiable colors in full sun with high development temps, though when darker it gives what may closely be described as a barely colorful images. They do have a nice quality to them.

Bottom line: film is very light sensitive, not temperature sensitive but develops well when hot (up to 100 degrees some say,) is manipulatable. It looks weird and gross but for some reason I love shooting it. It's a love/hate film but they did create a new COLOR (!) film in 18 months, so kudos to them. I've heard the new film will be legitimate, as far as I can tell this was the "we've created something, start selling it" version.

Peter de Groot
09-23-2010, 01:42 AM
They have a new version of the color film. I like that one better what I have seen of it. It has more color and has a seventies vibe to it. Hopefully I have the change to pick one up on Sunday at the Photokina.
I mentioned this in another thread as well but they did develop an "integral" intstant film for the 20x24 polaroid. They have worker together with the artist from Prague. And they used 8x10 pods to delever the chemicals. Of course they had to start up the 8x10 machinery to do that.............