Great Mike! I look forward to it!

Mike

mrwestphal
09-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Hey Mike, Do we have a time frame yet?

dr5chrome
09-06-2010, 09:23 AM
There are 2 possible meet places in Denver;
here @ my shop dr5chrome - 701 S 6th AV Denver 80204, www.dr5.com , call me directly - 303 534 2375
A better location is @ DENVER Pro Photo, which we are affiliated with, http://www.denverprophoto.com/layout.html
I can contact Travis to set this up. They are closed on Sunday but would happy to sponsor such a meet at the store. Discounts for such meets usually occur.
Anyone wishing to set this up @ DPP can contact Travis DeMoney directly, just tell him I referred you.

regards.

toro_mike
09-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Hey Mike, Do we have a time frame yet?

Nope. Anybody have any preferences? I'm around all day!

Derek Lofgreen
09-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Great idea of meeting at DPP David, I think that's a great place to meet. It is close to the gates rubber factory that some have stated interest in. I think it's perfect. What do you think Mike? Any no votes on that? If we can agree I don't mind calling Travis to set something up unless you want to Mike. How about a time? I think it would be cool so shoot from late after noon into sundown. Say 5pm-7ish? Maybe meet at DPP around 4 and head out around 5? what do you think?

D.

markrewald
09-07-2010, 12:00 PM
What day????

Derek Lofgreen
09-07-2010, 12:19 PM
I thought the meet up is Saturday, Sept 11th. Is that right?

D.

toro_mike
09-07-2010, 03:30 PM
I thought the meet up is Saturday, Sept 11th. Is that right?

D.

You are correct Derek! That is currently the date we are planning...

Great idea of meeting at DPP David, I think that's a great place to meet. It is close to the gates rubber factory that some have stated interest in. I think it's perfect. What do you think Mike? Any no votes on that? If we can agree I don't mind calling Travis to set something up unless you want to Mike. How about a time? I think it would be cool so shoot from late after noon into sundown. Say 5pm-7ish? Maybe meet at DPP around 4 and head out around 5? what do you think?

I think it sounds like a great idea to meet at DPP. Takes care of figuring out a meeting place, plus gives me a chance to check out DPP. Derek, I can't see anybody voting no, but you never know! Go ahead and set something up with Travis and let us know. Thanks so much for jumping in on this! We appreciate it!

Mike

EdColorado
09-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Well as usual, I'll be there if work doesn't interfere. I'm not much of a street photographer but I'm certainly willing to give it a try. Besides, there will I expect be some beer in there someplace...a pub, or some place else "photogenic" right? ;)

Derek Lofgreen
09-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Okay, I talked to Travis over at Denver Pro Photo. He is super supportive of the analog shooter and seemed pretty excited about us meeting up there. He said we can park our cars there and go shoot. It is a little short notice for him but if he has some time he can give us a tour of there sound stages and photo studios in the back of the building. I think that would be cool. There hours on Saturday are 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. So, we will have to meet up in that window of time for this meet up. I am going to suggest 2:00 pm to meet at DPP. That gives us an hour to get our selves together take a quick look at DPP if Travis has the time and then off to shoot for a couple of hours. If anyone wants to grab a beer after wards then there is that too. What do you all think?

Travis seemed really interested in putting something together for all the analog shooters in the Denver metro area at Denver Pro Photo. So I hope this will sort of grow into something cool for the local film shooters. Let's hope so. Thanks David, for the tip to call Travis.

D.

toro_mike
09-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Okay, I talked to Travis over at Denver Pro Photo....D.

Thanks Derek for looking into this... That's great news! Let's get comments from the group and go from there. For me, 2PM should work fine and I'm sure we can find a place for refreshments :munch:

dr5chrome
09-08-2010, 01:46 PM
..not a problem...
If you are doing this on 911 I will not be there unfortunately, as I take that day off [911]. I am usually there on Saturdays as a consultant, rarely am I not there.

Travis & James will take care of the group. If you want beer, there is Breckenridge Brewery on Kalamath just south of 6th Av. [about a 1/2 mi. from DPP].

regards,

dw

Okay, I talked to Travis over at Denver Pro Photo. He is super supportive of the analog shooter and seemed pretty excited about us meeting up there. He said we can park our cars there and go shoot. It is a little short notice for him but if he has some time he can give us a tour of there sound stages and photo studios in the back of the building. I think that would be cool. There hours on Saturday are 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. So, we will have to meet up in that window of time for this meet up. I am going to suggest 2:00 pm to meet at DPP. That gives us an hour to get our selves together take a quick look at DPP if Travis has the time and then off to shoot for a couple of hours. If anyone wants to grab a beer after wards then there is that too. What do you all think?

Travis seemed really interested in putting something together for all the analog shooters in the Denver metro area at Denver Pro Photo. So I hope this will sort of grow into something cool for the local film shooters. Let's hope so. Thanks David, for the tip to call Travis.

D.

mrwestphal
09-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Hey all, really looking forward to meeting all who show up! I vote for the earlier the better but should be able to make something work and Ed, there Will be a beer involved at some point so I am expecting you now!

toro_mike
09-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Okay, here's what we have so far:
Date: Saturday, September 11, 2010
Time: 2:00PM
235 South Cherokee Street
Denver, CO 80223-1836
(303) 698-1790

So, if anybody has any comments or wants for a time change, speak up! Otherwise, I look forward to meeting everybody who shows up!

Mike

mathomas
09-09-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm into meeting at the photo shop. I'd like to check it out, and it will give me a chance to buy some Ektar (and who knows what else) in case what I ordered hasn't arrived by then. Crossing my fingers for some haze or partly/mostly cloudy for the shooting.

Derek Lofgreen
09-09-2010, 04:13 PM
No worries David, we totally understand.

Okay, this looks like it will be fun. Yeah, DPP has lots of the Ektar for ya Mike. You might want to bring some extra cash because I always end up buying something else too. It's like a candy store.

See you all then,
D.

dr5chrome
09-09-2010, 08:51 PM
..ill be there on the next Saturday meet.

Have fun.

dw

No worries David, we totally understand.

Okay, this looks like it will be fun. Yeah, DPP has lots of the Ektar for ya Mike. You might want to bring some extra cash because I always end up buying something else too. It's like a candy store.

See you all then,
D.

mrwestphal
09-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Had a great time with all who made it today and look forward to the next meet! oh, And Ed, guess you were "kinda" right about the T90 discussion.

mathomas
09-12-2010, 02:17 PM
I had a great time, too! I only wish I could have stayed a bit longer and had (Toro) Mike buy me another beer :-). Looking forward to seeing the outputs from the shoot.

toro_mike
09-12-2010, 08:39 PM
I agree. Great group and a fun shoot. You got the beer next time Mike :)