PDA

View Full Version : WTB or will take donation of old style double edge razor

Pages : 1 [2]

pentaxuser
08-17-2010, 03:09 PM
He told the child that he cut himself shaving with a straight razor. The child had no idea what he was talking about and asked again. So he told the child that the scar was from the head transplant he received a long time ago. The child went off, crying.

Just goes to show that they don't make razors or kids like they used to :D:

pentaxuser

Q.G.
08-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Straight, 'cut-throat' razors are terrible. They don't call them that for nothing. Really terrible.

The best shaving lubricant, by the way, is water.
The foam/soap only helps to keep it on your face.

michaelbsc
08-17-2010, 03:22 PM
...The best shaving lubricant, by the way, is water.
The foam/soap only helps to keep it on your face.

Nah, I have to stick by my original assertion. The best lubricant is Noxzema in a blue jar.

It doesn't foam like soap, so there's no lather. Rub it in thin, and shave away. Try it, you'll like it.

Eric Rose
08-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Come on guys and gals, someone must have an old handle they can send me!!

Q.G.
08-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Nah, I have to stick by my original assertion. The best lubricant is Noxzema in a blue jar.

It doesn't foam like soap, so there's no lather. Rub it in thin, and shave away. Try it, you'll like it.

It still is just a way to let water stick to your face better than it already does.
I'll just continue splashing my face. Works fine. ;)

Sorry, Eric. I have kept a straight razor (as an antique), but no longer have the thingy you are looking for.

bdilgard
08-17-2010, 05:33 PM
I have a Gillette open comb stype handle you are welcome to. Most of the plating is gone from mine but it looks kind of like http://countryjoescollectiblestuff.com/media/images/gld-gillette-new-1.jpg

BrianShaw
08-18-2010, 08:42 AM
The best lubricant is Noxzema in a blue jar.

My father-in-law agrees, and his face is generally as smooth as a baby's b'hind (or maybe even Eric Rose's b'hind... who knows).

Anscojohn
08-19-2010, 06:29 AM
Come on guys and gals, someone must have an old handle they can send me!!
I have a beard and an extra double edged handle. If you still need one (the handle, I mean), PM or Jaykhill@aol.com with your snail mail address. BTW, I agree the Noxema is great but Rainphot has it. The brush and cup are greatest==although I just use it all on my neck only when my wife insists.

KenS
08-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Sorry Eric,

Sometime in October 1968 I threw my last razor in the garbage.... and have not shaved since.

Ken

Eric Rose
08-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Funny thing happened years ago. I had a full beard for about 7 years. Most of the people I worked with had never seen me without it. Now comes along daughter number one and she decides that when she is riding on dads shoulders the beard is a great way to steer dad. That was that and the beard came off.

The following Monday I walked into work sans beard. I could tell people were looking at me in that weird way they do when they know something has changed but can't figure out what it is. Several asked me if I had gotten a hair cut. Well I guess they were half right lol. Anyway I let it go and it took them 3 days to figure out what was different.

Just goes to show how people really don't pay attention to how you look but rather concentrate on your eyes and body language.

I have a buddy that grew his beard probably round the same time Ken did and refuses to shave it off because his identity is so wrapped up in it. Or at least he thinks it is. I'm not suggesting you are as insecure as he is, don't get me wrong.

photoncatcher
08-19-2010, 10:42 AM
I find it easier not to shave. I've had a beard since I was 17, and the only time it was gone was my time in the USAF.

Paul VanAudenhove
08-19-2010, 07:06 PM
I have a Gillette open comb stype handle you are welcome to. Most of the plating is gone from mine but it looks kind of like http://countryjoescollectiblestuff.com/media/images/gld-gillette-new-1.jpg

That looks like the razor my grandfather used - that I still have and use!

Changeling1
08-19-2010, 07:41 PM
yes I know it's not photo related, but I have the blades for the old style double edge razor but I can't find my handle. If you have one and don't want it anymore I will take it.

Eric

Sorry, but I loaned mine to O.J. Simpson and only God knows what he did with it. :whistling:

Eric Rose
08-19-2010, 08:37 PM
I'll have to get my sweetie to take a shot of me shaving with my "new" razors once they get here and post it to the thread.

2F/2F
08-20-2010, 12:54 AM
I find it easier not to shave. I've had a beard since I was 17, and the only time it was gone was my time in the USAF.

I am with you on that...except replace Air Force with Navy.

http://www.apug.org/forums/image.php?u=26118&dateline=1264115351&type=profile
(My A.P.U.G. pic, taken at the inauguration of the current President of the U.S.A.)