PDA

View Full Version : WTB or will take donation of old style double edge razor

Pages : [1] 2

Eric Rose
08-15-2010, 03:35 PM
yes I know it's not photo related, but I have the blades for the old style double edge razor but I can't find my handle. If you have one and don't want it anymore I will take it.

Eric

Irrev.Rev.
08-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Eric,

I believe you can still purchase at "Vermont Country Store."
John

BrianShaw
08-15-2010, 06:35 PM
I need a new one too. I'm still cutting my face with the same one I've used since I first shaved the fuzz off of my face.

Here's someplace I've looked at:

http://www.classicshaving.com/Safety_Razors.html

bdial
08-15-2010, 06:40 PM
If Vermont C. Store doesn't work, a booth at an antique shop near me has some, not sure of the pricing, but reasonable I think. They ae various Gillettes and probably some others. I'm happy to describe what's there, and send one off to you.

I have one of the Merkur adjustable ones Brian linked to, it's great.

Jersey Vic
08-15-2010, 07:04 PM
More accolades for the Merkur...

Jersey Vic
08-15-2010, 07:06 PM
crap..now i'm going to need one of those awesome stands.

mgb74
08-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Ahhh, back when men were men and women had cuts all over their legs. I still have my Gillette, though not for sale.

fotch
08-16-2010, 01:33 AM
Hmmm, I wonder what I did with the ones I had.

Curt
08-16-2010, 01:37 AM
Sorry I don't have one but if you find one you will need one of these.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5073282_use-styptic-pencil.html

Rick A
08-16-2010, 06:20 AM
I stopped using a safety razor years ago, but I refuse to give up my mug and brush. Nothing beats a nice warm lather and the way the brush feels against the skin.

MattKing
08-16-2010, 12:38 PM
{Quoted from Curt: Sorry I don't have one but if you find one you will need one of these.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5073282_use-styptic-pencil.html}

I always like "how-to" articles that begin with something like:

"Make sure that the bleeding is not too extensive."

Bob Carnie
08-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Eric

Please do not post another cheeks in the water picture, If your trying to shave the hair off your ass , please warn us , I almost lost my lunch the last time you posted the cottage cheeze.

Eric Rose
08-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Eric

Please do not post another cheeks in the water picture, If your trying to shave the hair off your ass , please warn us , I almost lost my lunch the last time you posted the cottage cheeze.

Bob you will be happy to know that my butt is downy smooth. No shaving required.

Bob Carnie
08-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Too much information.

Bob you will be happy to know that my butt is downy smooth. No shaving required.

BrianShaw
08-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Too much information.

WAY too much!

michaelbsc
08-16-2010, 02:42 PM
I stopped using a safety razor years ago, but I refuse to give up my mug and brush. Nothing beats a nice warm lather and the way the brush feels against the skin.

I have my mug and brush, but I'll tell you the truth that the absolute best shaving lubricant in the world is (drum roll here) plain old Noxema in the blue jar. (The generic equivalent store brands loose out in this one. I've tired them all.)

pentaxuser
08-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Sorry I don't have one but if you find one you will need one of these.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5073282_use-styptic-pencil.html

In the heyday of safety razors in the U.K. no-one could afford a styptic pencil so we used pieces of old newsprint to soak up the blood. There was no pensions crisis then. Most of the males had died of blood poisoning long before pension age. In the looming pensions crisis, Prime Minister, D Cameron, is passing a law making the use of the very old cut-throat razors compulsory( a quicker death than blood poisoning from safety razors) and banning all electric ones on the grounds of global warming.

There will be a lot of old ladies in the U.K. looking for young Thai grooms. Every action has a consequence

pentaxuser

BrianShaw
08-16-2010, 07:51 PM
... Prime Minister, D Cameron, is passing a law making the use of the very old cut-throat razors compulsory...

Ha ha, you made me think about an old friend who I haven't seen for years. This old chap has a scar that completely encircles his neck. It is something he never talks about. Once I heard a child ask him about it. He told the child that he cut himself shaving with a straight razor. The child had no idea what he was talking about and asked again. So he told the child that the scar was from the head transplant he received a long time ago. The child went off, crying.

2F/2F
08-16-2010, 08:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83i8G6o0quc

TheFlyingCamera
08-16-2010, 09:43 PM
I have a Durham Duplex with several boxes full of razor blades. I only break the thing out when I'm going to some kind of social function or feel like being really special, because there is a finite supply of blades for it and I'd like it to last my lifetime. The razor and the blades came from my grandfather's drugstore. Some day I will get a true straight razor to shave with, but for now I content myself with the Durham Duplex.