PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 21 Signup

Pages : [1] 2 3

rst
08-31-2010, 12:49 AM
Hey Postcarders,

I am not able to get to the computer tomorrow, so let me start the next round of the Postcard Exchange a day before schedule. This is round 21 and if I count correctly, it is the 10th round that I organize on my own. So this is a kind of an anniversary for me.

So here is the schedule for this round:

September: signup
October and November: print and send
December: breather

I do not want to write the rest new every round, so let me copy this from the last rounds description - please read it:

As in the previous rounds, please sign up by sending a PM to me containing your name, address (including the country - this is an international exchange) and the number of cards you are able to send or say maximum for the maximum possible number of cards.

As in the previous rounds, if you have been in the exchange earlier and if your address is the same, you can sing up just with giving the number of cards here in the thread. No PM needed in this case.

As in the previous rounds I will post lists of participants in this thread every once in a while. If you signed in (or if you think so) please come back to this thread and check if your name is on the list. If the name should be on the list but is not, then let me know. Once the address lists are sent out early in October I can not do any changes.

Please read on:

As in the previous rounds, not all participants have been able to send out the cards. For whatever reasons, if you have not fulfilled your last rounds commitment, send your cards before you sign in for this round. Just be fair.

And as in the previous rounds, I am looking forward to this round.

Now for those new to the postcard exchange, here is how it all works out.

First: It is fun!

Second: When sign up is over, I will prepare address lists which I will PM to the participants. You will have to send a card to every address on that list and you should receive back a card from everyone on that list. So if you sign up for e.g. 20 cards you will have to send 20 cards and you should receive 20 cards back.

Third: Did I mention that it is fun?

Cheers
Ruediger

Pete H
08-31-2010, 01:05 AM
Happy Anniversary, Ruediger!
Also many thanks for organising the exchange. It's the best thing in APUG :)

Please sign me up for the max, same address.

Cheers
Pete

drpsilver
08-31-2010, 01:05 AM
30 Aug 2010

Ruediger:

Thanks for all the effort you put into making these exchanges so enjoyable, fun, addictive, ...

I am in for the max. Same contact information as Round 20.

Regards,
Darwin

Laurent
08-31-2010, 01:39 AM
Happy anniversary Ruediger !!!

I'm in for the max , PM follows.

Let the fun begin !!!
Laurent

ozphoto
08-31-2010, 01:40 AM
Hi Ruediger,

Congratulations and thanks for all the hard work you put in - the PCX is a highlight that takes away the drudgery of continual commercial work that is at times, not so inspiring. :pinch:

As I'm on a quick visit to AU, so I can print my batch up before heading back home.

I'm in for 25 again (same address as last round) - looking forward to receiving more glimpses of inspiration from around the globe! :happy:

kraker
08-31-2010, 01:44 AM
Rüdiger, congratulations on organising your 10th exchange! You're doing a fine job.
Addictive indeed, which is why... I'm in again for 25 cards, same details.

mooseontheloose
08-31-2010, 05:24 AM
I started participating in the PCE with round 13 while I was still living in France and I am excited to still be a part of it now, two countries later!

I wish I could sign up for the max but unfortunately I can only do 30 this round. Same address as last time.

Mick Fagan
08-31-2010, 07:08 AM
Rüdiger, I'm in again for the maximum.

Details as per last time.

Mick.

Mike Wilde
08-31-2010, 08:24 AM
Thanks for continuing in your coordinator role, Rüdiger.

Count me in for 30 in R21. Same address as R19, etc.

I'm not presently like Rachelle. I have been in the same place for the last 8 years. I have lived in 9 places since leaving my parents home some 25 years ago, however.

mooseontheloose
08-31-2010, 09:51 AM
Mike -- the longest I've stayed in one place is two years (since 1996), and I've done 17 complete moves in the past 14 years, 5 of those international (!). It'll be nice when I can finally find a place to settle down...living without a darkroom is hard for me, as is the inability to hang prints on the walls. The thing I like about the exchanges is the postcard addresses remind me of where I was during a particular round, or when I was in transition between places, as happened during a couple of rounds. And it's nice knowing that no matter where you are in the world, there are other people out there too with the same passion who want to share it with you.

anikin
08-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Oh, these exchanges are so much fun! Anyway, I've just installed a new (to me) dry-to-dry print processor and I'm just itching to
run it at full speed. I have not tried it yet, but hopefully is works.
Sign me up for MAX. Address is the same.

markrewald
08-31-2010, 01:57 PM
Rüdiger, I'm in again for the maximum.

Thanks!!! Same details as last time. PM on its way.

Oxleyroad
08-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Sign me up for 30 this time, same address as last time. I will gradually ramp up to the max. Really enjoyed my first PCX in round 20, and hope to be able to participate for many more.

Thanks Rüdiger for your efforts in organising all of these PCXs.

djhopscotch
09-01-2010, 11:28 AM
I'll go 25 again. Pm Sent

Alex Bishop-Thorpe
09-02-2010, 03:41 AM
Count me in for 75, or the max, whichever comes first - Same address as round 20. I'll be printing these all up in advance some time in the next few weeks...
Who knew postcards were addictive huh.

Eric Mac
09-02-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm in for the max. I'll try to be on time too this go around.

Eric

BoxBrownie
09-03-2010, 11:04 AM
25 for me this time please. Same address.
Steve B

Rob Skeoch
09-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Thanks for putting this together.
I'm in for the max.

-Rob Skeoch

mike c
09-04-2010, 02:14 PM
I,d like to sign up for 25,same address.

Mike

rst
09-04-2010, 04:38 PM
OK, here we are - the first 20 participants:

anikin (MAX)
BoxBrownie (25)
djhopscotch (25)
drpsilver (MAX)
Eric Mac (MAX)
Fleath (75)
JJB (25)
kraker (25)