08-31-2010, 09:01 PM
First fall sale before the mid-October "Big One."

http://www.phsc.ca/

David William White
09-13-2010, 08:31 PM
worth a bump

Les
09-13-2010, 08:54 PM
I cannot make the October show. When is the spring show usually held? Is there a date for it yet? Thanks. Les

CGW
09-14-2010, 11:45 AM
I cannot make the October show. When is the spring show usually held? Is there a date for it yet? Thanks. Les

Usually May. Check www.phsc.ca for updates. There should be another of these "little Big Ones" in January, too.

jamesgignac
09-14-2010, 12:19 PM
CRY!

I went to the fall show two years ago and loved it - my girlfriend bought her first TLR there and it was a beautiful moment. Now that I'm on the other side of the planet it's probably not going to happen - maybe next year. Consider this another bump :)

CGW
09-14-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm a bit wistful about the PHSC fairs since I wonder how much longer they'll last. Both the number of tables and merch quality have been slipping. Each year, I say to myself "Same old mummies pitching the same old schlock." Still, I go back to at least two annually, more from habit than out of need for anything. "The Film Guy" had even older stock as supplies of truly short-dated film shrink. But then I find offbeat stuff like a trove of frightening '40s mugshots or some NOS bit of Mamiya or Nikon gear that make the trip worthwhile.

David William White
09-14-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm greatful they persist, and the fairs still seem well-attended -- all things considered. I always come away with a bargain on paper or some darkroom doodad. Still kicking myself that I passed on a nice, new wood LF tripod someone had a few of...maybe this time.