View Full Version : A/NZ Print Exchange Round #2 - Sign-up

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16

Chris Nielsen
11-23-2010, 08:04 PM
+1 to that - I'd be interested in seeing some of these Ilfochromes

Poisson Du Jour
11-23-2010, 09:31 PM
http://tinyurl.com/silent-street
( South wall gallery of representative landscape/scenic chromes (http://users.ncable.net.au/~higgins1/_APUG/gallery/SSPHY_STH.jpg) )
http://flickr.com/silentstreet (scanned-ex film and also majority digis).
Only a very small number there (those that I have reproduced and sold the most of).
Haven't got any pinhole images on the site; that is a task I want to do soon, plus put up another 230 or so trannies shot on Velvia 50/100F. Hmm. When Shane has his back turned and his front door unlocked I'll nick his Epson V700,LOL :p ! Until then it's just sitting on my shopping list! :)

Poisson Du Jour
11-23-2010, 09:44 PM
+1 to that - I'd be interested in seeing some of these Ilfochromes

Plenty of New Zealand beauties stashed away! Two take pride of place on my south wall gallery (Matai Falls/Catlins and Morning at Lake Mathieson with Southern Alps). See, I don't forget to tempt my Kiwi friends! :laugh:

timk
11-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Still here guys, and still missing 2 sets of prints, we'll have to be patient, we had same thing last time (it took a month after the cutoff date to get the exchange out, that seems to be the norm).

Kevin Caulfield
11-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Name and shame! ;)

hoffy
11-30-2010, 04:40 AM
Its a month tomorrow...... (just sayin!)

Alex Bishop-Thorpe
11-30-2010, 05:25 PM
I messaged Tim to ask if I could send along another batch of prints to make up for the other ones I'd already sent in that I wasnt happy with. I could do as Stephen did in the last round, and print up another edition of a different image for the other group too? To help speed things up. Not the ideal answer, but we're getting into Chrismas territory here, and Australia Post generally goes a little insane.

Ian David
11-30-2010, 06:34 PM
I could do as Stephen did in the last round, and print up another edition of a different image for the other group too? To help speed things up. Not the ideal answer, but we're getting into Chrismas territory here, and Australia Post generally goes a little insane.

Two of us have already offered to do this, but radio silence...

I know this is all for fun, but there does come a point where people who maybe rearranged their schedules or burned the midnight oil in order to meet the exchange deadline are probably entitled to start feeling a little bit pi$$ed off. Likewise people who chose not to participate, despite really wanting to be part of it, because they thought they could not commit to the deadline.

Can the couple of people who are now very late perhaps be bothered offering at least an apology? What's the hold up?

Ian

munz6869
11-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Yes - I was feeling horribly guilty being three days late sending my prints in (I had splendid excuses), but I think next time we need a more firm cutoff, otherwise the panic isn't worth it! Also, I really wanna see 'em!!

Marc!

Wyno
11-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Maybe could do a list of who he has received prints from. Hopefully mine arrived. I sent them nearly a month ago.
Mike

Kevin Caulfield
12-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Last time the person who failed to meet the commitment didn't bother with an apology or anything. Tim, have the late two indicated that they are still in, or should we accept the kind offers of extra prints?

Alex Bishop-Thorpe
12-01-2010, 05:21 AM
I think that if you havent received a PM to the contrary you can safely assume your prints have been received.

Maybe a different format could work? Not to diminish all the hard work that Tim has been putting in to this, but the Alternative Process exchange works a lot more directly. Once you have the groups sorted out you PM everyone else in your group with your address and then they do the same. You mail the prints directly to eachother.
Obviously some people may not feel comfortable giving out their postal address directly to others, but the postcard exchange has worked on that principle for years now. Also postage would be costlier, as you're mailing out 10 individual envelopes instead of just the one to Tim. But it would also mean that those that play by the rules get their prints, and those that dont are obvious - if they have a legitimate reason for being delayed it's more understandable than if they're holding up the whole operation.
Just a suggestion - the system we have in place is the ideal, the most organised, simple and cost effective, but when a no-show or two can hold things up to this extent it's a bit painful.

SteveR
12-01-2010, 05:51 AM
...but I think next time we need a more firm cutoff...

Well, wasn't that all discussed at the beginning of this round, in the hopes of avoiding last rounds hold up... looks like it worked a treat:whistling:

Honestly though, when I think about it, if something had come up in life and I was holding up a dozen or so big burly blokes (that we all are), I'd probably be to embarrassed even to pop in and admit it... so while I'm anxiously waiting here, hopping from foot to foot holding my crotch like a 5yo busting for the loo, I find it hard to get too pee'd off, because I bet these two blokes are feeling pretty damn crappy themselves.

ps, I didn't receive a pm either :p

Chris Nielsen
12-02-2010, 06:11 AM
How about, tell the reprobates not to bother and Tim gets to keep some extra prints?

tomalophicon
12-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Come on boys, let's give em a bit of time. The world ain't gonna end. We don't know their circumstances. Anything can happen in people's lives so let's give the benefit of the doubt.

timk
12-06-2010, 12:39 AM
Ok guys, I received what I think was the last set of prints today, so give me a couple of days to sort through them all and will try and get it out by Wed or Thu. Sorry I can't get them out sooner, been a busy couple of weeks at work for me.

TK

SteveR
12-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Ok guys, I received what I think was the last set of prints today, so give me a couple of days to sort through them all and will try and get it out by Wed or Thu. Sorry I can't get them out sooner, been a busy couple of weeks at work for me.

TK

WooHoo! Thanks Tim, can't wait.

Oxleyroad
12-06-2010, 05:14 AM
Same here. Looking forward to it. I hope my prints got enough of a final wash as one of my test prints from the same batch is showing real signs of insufficient washing. Anyway thanks Tim.

Kevin Caulfield
12-06-2010, 05:49 AM
I think in future that anybody who can't stand by their commitment shouldn't contribute. Respect other people's time, please.

hoffy
12-06-2010, 05:53 AM
Good Stuff Tim. Thanks for your efforts and looking forward to seeing whats in my pile!