PDA

View Full Version : A/NZ Print Exchange Round #2 - Sign-up

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Kevin Caulfield
10-04-2010, 01:43 AM
No worries, Ian. Better to realise beforehand and pull out rather than be a non-starter after making a commitment. Good luck with your exams and we hope you can join us next time.

hoffy
10-04-2010, 06:14 AM
Yea, Gods. I am really going to have to pull the proverbial. My month is pretty full. With any luck I can get into it this weekend.

Regardless, I am looking forward to it!

tomalophicon
10-04-2010, 07:20 AM
Excellent.
10 prints is a good number.
I have a negative now.

Ian David
10-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Maybe only 9 prints now, depending on which group Tim puts you in...

Ian David
10-04-2010, 05:12 PM
No worries, Ian. Better to realise beforehand and pull out rather than be a non-starter after making a commitment. Good luck with your exams and we hope you can join us next time.

Thanks Kevin. It may be that I would find the time in the next few weeks, but since I cannot guarantee it (since seeing my exam timetable which was released on the weekend) I think it is best if I sit this out.

I will be sad though if it turns out that this exchange drags on into the middle of November (like last time), in which case I could have participated...

Ian

SteveR
10-05-2010, 01:40 AM
I will be sad though if it turns out that this exchange drags on into the middle of November (like last time)

I think we're all hoping that doesn't happen again!

My partner came home last night, a bit sad and nervous to break some news to me. I was a little anxious (we're nearly 6 months pregnant, so any bad news is always potentially really bad news), then she hit me with it:

"I'm really sorry love, but my best friend '...' who I haven't seen in ages wants to come over on Friday night to catch up, watch some girlie movies and probably stay the night... I'm really sorry, we'll have to miss date-night..."

"Awww gee dear, that's terrible news, I'm awfully dissapointed, but I guess you girls do need to catch up, I'll manage to occupy myself somehow..." while inside, I'm thinking "YESSSSSSSSS!!! Free night in the darkroom, I'm off to Bunnings to get a bigger wash basin right NOW!".

With any luck, I may be ready to drop my lot off to Tim on our way through town on Saturday morning. Ahhh, my girls a keeper :P

tomalophicon
10-05-2010, 06:35 AM
I think we're all hoping that doesn't happen again!

My partner came home last night, a bit sad and nervous to break some news to me. I was a little anxious (we're nearly 6 months pregnant, so any bad news is always potentially really bad news), then she hit me with it:

"I'm really sorry love, but my best friend '...' who I haven't seen in ages wants to come over on Friday night to catch up, watch some girlie movies and probably stay the night... I'm really sorry, we'll have to miss date-night..."

"Awww gee dear, that's terrible news, I'm awfully dissapointed, but I guess you girls do need to catch up, I'll manage to occupy myself somehow..." while inside, I'm thinking "YESSSSSSSSS!!! Free night in the darkroom, I'm off to Bunnings to get a bigger wash basin right NOW!".

With any luck, I may be ready to drop my lot off to Tim on our way through town on Saturday morning. Ahhh, my girls a keeper :P

You legend!

Use that time wisely!!

andrewkirkby
10-07-2010, 08:14 AM
I got some film back from processing today. I have a few good images ready for printing.

:)

Ilfochrome ahoy.

Alex Bishop-Thorpe
10-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Hey, uhhhh, can I be in Andrew's group? :whistling:

timk
10-09-2010, 05:12 AM
okay. 9 prints each guys.

Groups are:

GROUP #1
1. timk
2. SMBooth
3. Wyno
4. munz6869
5. Kevin Caulfield
6. Nige
7. Seabird
8. Fleath
9. Chris Nielsen
10. tomalohpicon

GROUP #2
1. SteveR
2. Stephen Frizza
3. andrewkirkby
4. trotkiller
5. Mick Fagan
6. Tony Egan
7. Andrew K
8. w9cae
9. Oxleyroad
10. Michael W

Send your prints to:
Tim Kohlman
5/26 Leslie Road
Essendon Vic 3040
Australia

Include return postage, and make sure your envelope/packaging can take up to 8x10 (even if your prints are smaller it must fit the max size of the exchange)

timk
10-09-2010, 05:13 AM
End of the month is the cutoff...

hoffy
10-09-2010, 07:32 AM
okay. 9 prints each guys.

Groups are:

GROUP #1
1. timk
2. SMBooth
3. Wyno
4. munz6869
5. Kevin Caulfield
6. Nige
7. Seabird
8. Fleath
9. Chris Nielsen
10. tomalohpicon

GROUP #2
1. SteveR
2. Stephen Frizza
3. andrewkirkby
4. trotkiller
5. Mick Fagan
6. Tony Egan
7. Andrew K
8. w9cae
9. Oxleyroad
10. Michael W

Send your prints to:
Tim Kohlman
5/26 Leslie Road
Essendon Vic 3040
Australia

Include return postage, and make sure your envelope/packaging can take up to 8x10 (even if your prints are smaller it must fit the max size of the exchange)

Um, hate to be a wet blanket, but......What about me?

timk
10-09-2010, 08:09 PM
hoffy! sorry, I read your post saying you were going to have to "pull the ..." as that you wanted to pull out. Sorry guys, busy week for me must have had a blonde moment.

Ok, go in Group 1, guys Group 1 needs to make 10 prints (not 9)

GROUP #1
1. timk
2. SMBooth
3. Wyno
4. munz6869
5. Kevin Caulfield
6. Nige
7. Seabird
8. Fleath
9. Chris Nielsen
10. tomalohpicon
11. Hoffy

GROUP #2
1. SteveR
2. Stephen Frizza
3. andrewkirkby
4. trotkiller
5. Mick Fagan
6. Tony Egan
7. Andrew K
8. w9cae
9. Oxleyroad
10. Michael W

hoffy
10-10-2010, 03:13 AM
Thanks Tim! I printed last night. Not sure if I am 100% happy with it in the cold reality of Day (I finished at 2:30 this morning). The neg I printed wasn't my first choice, but I decided to go out on a limb. I hope people appreciate what I have tried to do!

Cheers

SteveR
10-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Thanks Tim! I printed last night. Not sure if I am 100% happy with it in the cold reality of Day (I finished at 2:30 this morning). The neg I printed wasn't my first choice, but I decided to go out on a limb. I hope people appreciate what I have tried to do!

Cheers

'Snap'! Locked myself away Saturday night too, finished up about 2.30, in bed by three... by the end of the session I was thinking the prints might be lacking a bit of contrast, but come the morning, they seemed okay... I'll let them sit for a week then have another look at them and see if I'm still happy. Just a very simple print this time, no dodging, no burning, just two quick exposures at different grades and into the tray... but it's a picture I like and find easy to sit and look at for a time on end... hopefully the guys in my group will think the same! If you're beach-comber, I'm sure you will...

Kevin Caulfield
10-10-2010, 10:32 PM
I really want to do a large format print this time, but have not shot much LF lately. I did shoot a couple of portraits on Friday, so may offer up one of those. Otherwise it could be an MFer - maybe a Hasselblad night city shot of Dalian in China.

Wyno
10-11-2010, 01:16 AM
Does anyone in my group have any objection to me submitting a nude?
Mike

Kevin Caulfield
10-11-2010, 01:47 AM
Mike

No objection from me. It may affect who I show it to, but that's no problem.

w9cae
10-11-2010, 01:59 AM
Mike

That depends on the subject ? Yes if it's a self portrate :policeman:

Chris Nielsen
10-11-2010, 02:43 AM
I'm moving house so have had to pack up my darkroom, and the local commercial darkroom is going to be way way too expensive, so regretfully I will have to submit Frontier prints of one of my negs, hope nobody minds.