PDA

View Full Version : Found in a box of old darkroom stuff

George Nova Scotia
09-10-2010, 01:33 PM
This week I picked up 5 boxes of free darkroom stuff. An old enlarger, lots of old paper - some expired in 1951, and a few glass plates. Thought I'd post a scan of the boxes for those who might be interested. Also a couple 10x15cm plates holders. I doubt if the plates would be any use (stored in an attic for the last 10 years) but if any one has ideas let me know.

Whiteymorange
09-10-2010, 02:41 PM
One never knows... I'd be trying one first before I assumed they aren't any good - ripped wrappers aside, of course. I have successfully printed on paper that was stored in a basement since its 1946 expiration date and used film that went belly-up in 1963. If you have a camera and holders, try one out. If not, try doing a pictogram with some object on the plate under the enlarger and flash it for the shortest time possible at the smallest aperture available.

Barry S
09-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks for posting--those are interesting. I love the Ilford Chromatic Plates label, especially the old Ilford steamship logo.

railwayman3
09-10-2010, 03:23 PM
The old plate boxes are very interesting....they look to be from the 1930's?
The Agfa ones are early color plates, definitely museum/collectors items, I would think?

George Nova Scotia
09-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Interesting, I never would have thought the Agfa one was color. Do you think it's film or glass plates. The rest say plates. The Agfa is the only 4x5, which I do have a camera for. The Ilford are 6.5x9 cm, the Eastman 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 and the Kodak plates are 10x15cm. Here's the front of the Kodak box, missed it the first time around.